Timmus

Timmus

Puck drops tonight in:

Philadelphia vs Pittsburg (5:30 EST)
Toronto vs Montreal ( 7:00 EST)
Tampa Bay vs Chicago (8:00 EST)
Edmonton vs Vancouver (10:00 EST)
Colorado vs St. Louis (10:30 EST)

I for one am looking forward to all of it.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Go Sabres!

Timmus

Timmus

Go Sabres!
That's tomorrow.

blotsfan

blotsfan

In that case:

The Leafs the.

Timmus

Timmus

In that case:

The Leafs the.
Ewwwww.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Go Stars!

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Covid has pretty much killed my interest. I don't know who won the cup last year or the draft picks. I've just stopped caring about pro sports.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Tampa Bay. Alex Lafreniere, who is now a Ranger. I'm not as into it, either, but then again I live in Arizona.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I wrote that then had to google it. I think I watched 10 total minutes of the juniors, and still think it should have been cancelled.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

jwhouk

jwhouk

That’s one.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Preds Canes postponed due to COVID issues, no immediate makeup date planned.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

It's BACK!

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

I know they're not your guys, @jwhouk, but still your backyard...

HoustonAeros and AerosHockey domains are up for sale... for several thousand dollars each.

jwhouk

jwhouk

I’m painfully aware.

They don’t need to move to Houston. They need to move to Tempe or Scottsdale.

BErt

BErt

In case anyone wonders how the Wings are this year, we just gave Chicago center Pius Suter his first career goal today.

and his second.

and his third.

Timmus

Timmus

In case anyone wonders how the Wings are this year, we just gave Chicago center Pius Suter his first career goal today.

and his second.

and his third.
Wings better not be nosing around the Canucks' first round pick!

BErt

BErt

Wings better not be nosing around the Canucks' first round pick!
Don’t worry, the league has already established this past offseason that it’s illegal for the Wings to draft higher than 4th regardless of record

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

3 day weekend. I had all my chores done. House was nice and clean. Dinner was served early and the dishes done.

So I decided I could relax and watch the hockey game.

FML.

blotsfan

blotsfan

At least you had a shot on goal in every period.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Can't hear you from the basement of the Central Division, sorry.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Presented without comment.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Also presented without comment...

jwhouk

jwhouk

He's not wrong. It's just that I was there for the last "blow up." It wasn't pleasant.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Meanwhile in Wheeling...

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Is this mic on?

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Cant watch my team because of stupid blackout rules. I’m three hours away from the arena!

jwhouk

jwhouk

I just... am not getting into it this year. The team being dead last in their division doesn't help. And the Yotes are a bigger laughingstock than the Browns or Mets ever were - and they're more likely to win a championship in my lifetime than the Yotes.

blotsfan

blotsfan

I still try to watch every game because I'm stupid and hate myself.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

I still try to watch every game because I'm stupid and hate myself.
Are you the guy at the end?

blotsfan

blotsfan

Yeah I'm not watching that.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Is this mic on?
Narrator: It was.

jwhouk

jwhouk

oh. Em. GEE.

blotsfan

blotsfan

I'm still watching this team.

blotsfan

blotsfan

i hate my life

blotsfan

blotsfan

Dei

Dei

For now

Timmus

Timmus

I feel for you man but part of me wonders if the hockey gods are still mad at the organization for doing Ted Nolan dirty.

blotsfan

blotsfan

I feel for you man but part of me wonders if the hockey gods are still mad at the organization for doing Ted Nolan dirty.
Which time? The first time we fired him it was because he was fucking our superstar's wife.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Are you sure the First Niagra Center isn't built on an old Native American burial site?

Timmus

Timmus

Which time? The first time we fired him it was because he was fucking our superstar's wife.
Was the second time the one where they were better than they had any business being that year?

blotsfan

blotsfan

Was the second time the one where they were better than they had any business being that year?
No, that was the first time where he won coach of the year and was fired. He was sleeping with Hasek's wife and Hasek told ownership that one of them had to go.

Timmus

Timmus

No, that was the first time where he won coach of the year and was fired. He was sleeping with Hasek's wife and Hasek told ownership that one of them had to go.
Hasek went anyways id’ve kept him.

blotsfan

blotsfan

We replaced him with Lindy Ruff, who I shall not hear a single bad word about. It was the right call.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

This is the first I've heard of this story.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I don't think Vancouver will play again this year. 19 games left for them and covid has wiped them out.

jwhouk

jwhouk

This is the first I've heard of this story.
I kinda knew about it, but I wasn't a full-blown NHL fan at that point.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

The tradition continues...

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Gotta say, the last few days with the Rangers have been wild.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

TIL these guys have one too...

blotsfan

blotsfan

The finals can't be over in 57 days can they?

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

The finals can't be over in 57 days can they?
They mean the 19785 days between April 13, 1940 and June 14, 1994. Killed one of the best heckles in sports. :(

blotsfan

blotsfan

I just mean that its not possible for them to avoid the record by winning the cup this year, right?

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

I just mean that its not possible for them to avoid the record by winning the cup this year, right?
Bold of you to assume they'll even reach the finals.

The cutoff date is July 3rd. We'll have to wait and see.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Here we go...

jwhouk

jwhouk

Carolina in three.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Tomorrow night, for the first time in over 40 years the Toronto Maple Leafs will face the Montreal Canadiens in the Stanley Cup playoffs.

This has fiercely divided The Great White North, half of whom want Montreal to win, while the other half support Toronto losing.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I can only guess what the third half wants.

—Patrick

blotsfan

blotsfan

Victoire aux la Habitants!

jwhouk

jwhouk

I can only guess what the third half wants.

—Patrick
One of them wants Calgary, the other wants Edmonton.

BErt

BErt

Bad scene just now in Toronto

He went off on a stretcher but was able to put a thumbs up

jwhouk

jwhouk

Oh ####.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Removed.
But I assume it wasn't pretty.

--Patrick

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Removed.
But I assume it wasn't pretty.

--Patrick
Boring clean check on Tavares, who when moving to get up rolled his head right in a fast skating Perrys knee. Took it straight on even though Perry tired to get out the way. Knocked senseless and stretchered out and straight to the ER.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Mother ####ing Perry.

BErt

BErt

Mother ####ing Perry.
he honestly wasn’t at fault, like Higgins said he tried to get of the way and he was the first to go over to the stretcher on it’s way out, I’m sure he felt terrible. You can see in the ensuing fight on the next faceoff, he knew it was a symbolic thing that “had” to happen and I don’t think I saw him throw a single punch.

BErt

BErt

Oh no Edmonton what are you doing
63B2E3C8-CAAB-414F-90D5-4257549B62D7.jpeg

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Heh the Jets just checked two Oilers and their heads bonked.

BErt

BErt

Edmonton LOLiers

is this anything?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Edmonton LOLiers

is this anything?
No, it's a death battle of memes between "It was 4-1!" and the completely unique to this year "The Calgary Flames having been eliminated from the playoffs have won more games during the post season that the Edmonton Oilers."

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Over 6 periods of play, the bottom D pair for Edmonton tallied 24 minutes combined.

The 2nd D pair combined for 66.

The top pair for 100.

Most defensemen average 18 to 28 minutes each per 3 periods.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Unless you're Ryan Suter.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

jwhouk

jwhouk

That may be me on Thursday.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

jwhouk

jwhouk

Welp, I’m out.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Win or lose for any team, I get steamed if a playoff OT ends quickly. If I give you a full intermission you better give me at least 5 minutes, this ain't the regular season.

PatrThom

PatrThom

--Patrick

blotsfan

blotsfan

Exhales

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

In other news, There's a scandal brewing at Robert Morris University regarding their decision to drop Men's and Women's hockey. Apparently this decision was made without the consent of the board, and one member, Kevin Colbert, GM of the Steelers, has resigned as a result.

:popcorn:

jwhouk

jwhouk

The Maple Leafs have yet to win a Stanley Cup in my lifetime.

Thank God.

blotsfan

blotsfan

It's the only part of the NHL that still brings me any joy.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Death, Taxes, and the Leafs not winning the Stanley Cup.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Death, Taxes, and the Leafs not winning the Stanley Cup.
They haven't even *made* a Final in our lifetimes.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

As a Pens fan, this hurts a bit. As a Preds fan, this may hurt @jwhouk. But it's good to see the Isles back with the big boys again.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Nah, Barry already got his Cup. Love to see him get another.

blotsfan

blotsfan

:(

blotsfan

blotsfan

F155197A-AA1E-475C-986F-C75F968237A4.jpeg

jwhouk

jwhouk

Goodnight, everybody. Drive safely, don’t mind the dumpster fire going on in Chicago.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Fun fact: the Tampa Bay Lightning now have more Stanley Cups than the Maple Leafs have won in the last 55 years.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Funner fact: the Tampa Bay Lightning now have more Stanley Cups than the Flyers have won in the last 46 years.

BErt

BErt

This was pretty cool

BErt

BErt

Bold move, Cotton

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Stars trades their most promising young player today, Jason Dickinson, just so they would get something for him instead of repeating the Eakins loss to Vegas.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Ellis to the Flyers for… uh, yeah, younger players.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Predators defenseman prospect is the first NHL player or prospect to come out as gay.

BErt

BErt

Seattle Kraken use an Octopus to announce their expansion draft selection from the Red Wings. Nice little connection there.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

jwhouk

jwhouk

Tempe. Arizona Coyotes. Arena.

Arizona Coyotes in talks with Tempe on new arena, signaling possible move to East Valley

Paulina Pineda, Arizona Republic

The Arizona Coyotes are in talks with Tempe to relocate the hockey franchise from Glendale to the East Valley, according to sources close to the city.

Tempe issued a request for proposal Thursday to attract a professional sports franchise and a developer that will build an arena and entertainment center on a narrow strip of city-owned land near Priest Drive and Rio Salado Parkway.

The land, on the southern banks of the dry Salt River just west of Tempe Town Lake, currently houses the city’s public works and compost yard. The land is viewed as prime real estate in the center of metro Phoenix but would require environmental remediation.

The Coyotes — owned by billionaire Alex Meruelo since 2019 — confirmed that the team will submit a proposal to develop the land.

The Coyotes said in a statement that the team is “highly interested” in the opportunity because of the site’s location....
Location on Google Maps

It would mean NHL hockey less than 30 minutes away from my house :D:eek::D:eek::D

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

cut.jpg

Yay Nashville!

jwhouk

jwhouk

I take it you like Mr. L'Heureux?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I take it you like Mr. L'Heureux?
Once a Moosehead, always a Moosehead!

BErt

BErt

D2AEBA15-533B-47C5-93E9-91D07CCDFAC4.jpeg

BErt

BErt

It always sucks to see people you might have idolized be complete fucking lunatics
90493ED9-22F5-4894-A02E-BA6C59D1D5D1.jpeg

PatrThom

PatrThom

It always sucks to see people you might have idolized be complete fucking lunatics
Welcome to the club.

--Patrick

jwhouk

jwhouk

I never cared for him, anyways.

BErt

BErt

I never cared for him, anyways.
Wasnt obsessed with him or anything but looked up to him a little bit as a short king :rofl:

BErt

BErt

Someone must be a Bruins fan