New Year Resolutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont make the traditional new year's resolution. Write down what you want to do, put it in a place that everyone can see it and bug you should you forget it, and do it.
When I read this I said, "I love this idea! I'll do my list!"

Then I got scared. Once it's written down, it's an objective, not a wish. And not getting a wish granted is more or less what's to be expected: If you don't fulfill an objective, it's failure.

Dont make the traditional new year's resolution. Write down what you want to do, put it in a place that everyone can see it and bug you should you forget it, and do it.
When I read this I said, "I love this idea! I'll do my list!"

Then I got scared. Once it's written down, it's an objective, not a wish. And not getting a wish granted is more or less what's to be expected: If you don't fulfill an objective, it's failure.[/QUOTE]

All the more reason to do it. We, the people, could use more actual objectives in life. Instead of just living it and saying "someday, I'd like to travel the world" and then not even leave your own country for 20 years. Then, at 80, you'll look back and go "Oh, I've wasted my life.".

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I guess that's the whole point of this list... But it's still scary!

(Also... Aquaman, you can't marry her!)

Here's my list:

- Begin exercising regularly. Do the routine at least twice a week.
- Start learning a new language, russian. The language course will begin in January.

I'd actually like to make the resolution of gaining some weight, as currently, my physique could be described as that of a walking cadaver. But I've tried that so many times (and my parents also tried to make me gain weight when I was a child, to no appreciable effect) that I really can't make any promises in that regard.

D

Dusty668

Have you seen all the threads we have around here about poutaine? They might be of assistance for the weight gain part.

K

Kitty Sinatra

Poutine is simply french fries covered in cheese curds and gravy. yummmm.

(It's a Canadian dish. From Quebec specifically)

K

Kitty Sinatra

You're clearly not from Quebec. Now, I just gotta cross off 193 more countries before I narrow down exactly where you're from.

K

Kitty Sinatra

Curious. There's a brewery called the Amsterdam and a bar called the Rotterdam, each just a couple blocks in either direction from where I lived when I lived in Toronto.

K

Kitty Sinatra

Yeah. I live now there's a large Dutch community. Celebrating Sinterklaas with all the bells and whistles is really easy because there are stores here that get all that sort of stuff.

I, uh, actually think I've forgotten all about my chocolate G. I'm gonna go look for it, now.

K

Kitty Sinatra

Ayup. Found my G right where I left it after celebrating Sinterklaas.

mmmmm, Puur chocoladeletter

*purrrrrr*

1) Start excersicing more
2) Learn to swim properly
3) gain 10kg (22 lbs) taking me to 75 kg or 165 lbs roughly
4) Find a new career path. Fast food aint gunna support me forever
5) get my Second dan black belt

Will hopefully take some "before" pictures tomorrow for the excercise and gain weight ones. I shall post them up here for words of support and encouragement. Anybody wanna see me slowly get beefcake?

C

Chazwozel

My New Years Resolution: To start a gambling ring based off of dumbasses who make New Years resolutions.

C

Chazwozel

20 bucks says you won't lose a pound this year. See how easy and awesome it is?

K

Kitty Sinatra

Yeah, that's a pretty safe bet. The only places I could lose weight are in my gut and my muscles. And even then, there's only a couple pounds to spare.

Unless I catch that flesh eating disease.

-lose 20 pounds or more
-find a job...any job
-join a gallery
-have a gallery showing
-read more
-finsihmy comic book script and start on concept drawings
-have sex a lot more then I did last year. :p

J

JCM

My New Years Resolution: To start a gambling ring based off of dumbasses who make New Years resolutions.
No problem, one of the reasons I've always left my yearly list in a public place is so that idiots can remind me for free when I forget to do something

Status
Not open for further replies.