New Picture Thread

Y'all, Doc is probably the chillest dude ever.

Unfortunately, I had to work tonight, and this was sort of a short-notice deal, so we both got kind of gypped on this. However, there is the hope that he and I can meet up again at some point when he's transiting past Savannah. That night should prove to be a bit better (read: I get to drink, too! :D)

fade

Staff member
EHEEEee! Got my Halloween outfit already. And I am stoked. Imma wear this EVERYWHERE.

"Hi, I'm Aunt Flo, nice to meet you."
"You must be starring in one of those period movies I've heard so much about. "
"Wanna see my impression of a tampon?"
image.jpg

Okay I'm done.

I took these with my phone, so pardon the quality.

This is the picture I put on the remembrance wall. Green was my grandpop's favorite color. So when I saw green flowers I knew I needed it.
remembrance.jpg

The team that raised the most money got to lead the walk and hold the banner. They raised 4k!
banner.jpg

Everyone got to wear strings of beads to represent how you were related to the cause.
beads.jpg

I bought this shirt. It was a lot cooler than the free one I got, though that one is green. Fitting really.
hope.jpg

You could walk a labyrinth as a meditative activity. I thought it was too pretty to step on.
labrinyth.jpg

One of the only signs I saw that was supportive of a group rather than in memory of someone who has passed.
lgbt.jpg

fade

Staff member
That's interesting. My wife's master's thesis work is heavy cited (much more than anything I've written), because in it she shows that statistically police officer suicides are no greater than the general public. She set out to write about the opposite, but in the course of her work, it became evident that the statistics told a different story.

Interestingly, her research showed that dentists have an abnormally high rate of suicide.

Addiction and job environment. Think about how much you don't like going to the dentist - imagine staring at all of these horrible mouths all day and then trying to tell people how they can help themselves and them just outright not listening. Now I'm going to give you unlimited access to addictive painkillers.

I would almost feel sorry for dentists.

I actually have liked all of my dentists and don't mind going. My kids have nicknamed our current dentist Dr. Obi Wan Kenobi (my son didn't know how to pronounce Watanabe when we first moved here). I know, that's just us. So, I do see your point.