DarkAudit

DarkAudit

MindDetective

MindDetective

Dei

Dei

fade

fade

Man, I don't know any regional South Carolina candies. Moon Pies? You can get those all over, though, I think. They are good, but not much different that a large Mallomar.[DOUBLEPOST=1498050371,1498050270][/DOUBLEPOST]Maybe pecan pralines. But everyone has some nut praline thing, so not so sure about this one either.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

We have tarheel toffee here, but it's not that special. Skor is better, IMO.

This is a regional sweets map:
http://www.slate.com/articles/life/...a_dessert_for_every_state_in_the_country.html

Oklahoma does have a great fried pie place near Davis, OK. It's just a large sweet empanada. Good with ice cream! As for candy, Oklahoma has peanut patties. I've only seen them in OK and TX.

Celt Z

Celt Z

strawman

strawman

You may be able to buy fudge in other states, but they'll never be Mackinac Island fudge.

http://michiganradio.org/post/michigan-holds-nations-fudge-capital-mackinac-island

fade

fade

I cannot speak for my entire home state, but I have never had coconut cake, nor have I seen it served anywhere. I mean other than the one everyone makes at some point in life for Easter, where the coconut is supposed to be Easter Bunny fur.

Dei

Dei

Yeah, it's another list that represents a whole state by a city, then also makes pot candy the regional dessert of Colorado because "hur hur Colorado is full of pot heads" :pud::facepalm::rolleyes:

Bubble181

Bubble181

Do I need to bother about pointing out abouty a thousand types of waffles, chocolate, and apple syrup?

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

You may be able to buy fudge in other states, but they'll never be Mackinac Island fudge.

http://michiganradio.org/post/michigan-holds-nations-fudge-capital-mackinac-island

While you're at it, drop a Cherry Republic catalog in their laps. Yum upon yum upon yum. :)

strawman

strawman

We are awash in cherries right now - so delicious!

PatrThom

PatrThom

We are awash in cherries right now - so delicious!
Yes, they're to the point where they're actually being reduced in price to increase throughput before they spoil.

--Patrick

strawman

strawman

Yes, they're to the point where they're actually being reduced in price to increase throughput before they spoil.

--Patrick
That happened to strawberries earlier this year too. We made strawberry jam almost as fast as our kids could eat it.

PatrThom

PatrThom

That happened to strawberries earlier this year too. We made strawberry jam almost as fast as our kids could eat it.
We had strawberry shortcake for dinner one night. Not dessert, I mean actual dinner.
Also if you want to take your Michiganization of Mackinac Island fudge to the max, you have to make it maple-flavored.

--Patrick

klew

klew

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

It all began in 1932 when B.E. and Mabel Atkinson needed to find a way to keep their family afloat during the Depression. As B.E. said, "during the Depression no one had any money, but everyone had a penny." Candy was an inexpensive indulgence that anyone could afford. They started their candy empire bootstrapping their way to success. Mabel created some of the original recipes for the candies we still make today like Peanut Butter Bars.

Bubble181

Bubble181

almost as fast as our kids could eat it.
Something something big numbers something.

strawman

strawman

Something something big numbers something.
Feeding a large family is like trying to lay new track in front of a speeding train.

Bubble181

Bubble181

a large family
Something something understatement something.

Sorry, it's incredibly hot here and my brain's half-melted-down.

Emrys

Emrys

Man, I don't know any regional South Carolina candies. Moon Pies? You can get those all over, though, I think. They are good, but not much different that a large Mallomar.[DOUBLEPOST=1498050371,1498050270][/DOUBLEPOST]Maybe pecan pralines. But everyone has some nut praline thing, so not so sure about this one either.
Have you ever met a person, you say, "Let's get some pralines," they say, "Hell no, I don't like no pralines."? Pralines are delicious! Pralines's may be the most delicious thing on the whole damn planet!

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Feeding a large family is like trying to lay new track in front of a speeding train.
Some trains don't waste time with such piddling little details like... track. :p

PatrThom

PatrThom

it's incredibly hot here and my brain's half-melted-down.
That'll happen when it's made of chocolate.

--Patrick

strawman

strawman

Some trains don't waste time with such piddling little details like... track. :p

Gared

Gared

Nanaimo Bars? What the fuck is a Nanaimo Bar? Oh... it's a Starbucks treat... got it. I forgot (no I didn't) that Starbucks is the state of Washington. Forget these:
Aplets.jpg

Or this:
Almond Roca.jpg

Or - though they certainly didn't invent the stuff - what about these guys:
Fredinands.jpg

Nope, none of that matters. Starbucks sells some weird confection from BC seasonally, so that's the favorite sweet treat of all of Washington state.

Frank

Frank

Nanaimo bars are delicious.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Have you ever met a person, you say, "Let's get some pralines," they say, "Hell no, I don't like no pralines."? Pralines are delicious! Pralines's may be the most delicious thing on the whole damn planet!
"Belgian chocolate"

Repeat after me:

"Belgian chocolate (possibly infused with an alcoholic liquor or beer)"

:D

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Fruitcake Bitches!

Frank

Frank

Belgian chocolate is fine. It's good.

It's no Coffee Crisp. The world's best confection.

Also, I can buy a 4-pack of them for like 3 bucks.

Emrys

Emrys

"Belgian chocolate"

Repeat after me:

"Belgian chocolate (possibly infused with an alcoholic liquor or beer)"

:D
Well, I've had pralines but I've never had good Belgian chocolate before. I think you should send me some so I can make a comparison. You know, for science.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Well, I've had pralines but I've never had good Belgian chocolate before. I think you should send me some so I can make a comparison. You know, for science.
Bribe this year's Secret Santa organiser. :p

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I had one of these on the way home and it's all (~5%) your fault.

Tress

Tress

I was going to post this too! So instead I'll go with this...
IMG_1017.JPG

Emrys

Emrys

How about if we do a national products swap? You send me Belgian chocolate and I'll send you a beaver.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Do I need to bother about mailing out abouty a thousand types of waffles, chocolate, and apple syrup?
Yes. Yes you do

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

How about if we do a national products swap? You send me Belgian chocolate and I'll send you a beaver.
FB_IMG_1490831284795.jpg

Emrys

Emrys

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

The fuck am I looking at?
I think he taped moccasins onto a tribble.

GasBandit

GasBandit

This reminds me of back when I was in the 6th grade in El Paso. There was a little mexican woman just a couple blocks from my school that the kids would commonly go to to buy mexican candy.

I think I may have told this story before.

Anyway, the candy all the "cool" kids were getting those days was this stuff called "limon." It is still sold today, but back then it was packaged a little different - it came in single shot small plastic pouches about the size of a Sweet'n'Low packet, with branding/iconography clearly meant to infringe on 7-up. Inside was this... granular powder. How the kids "did" a shot of limon was simply to tear the top open, tilt their heads back, upend the open pouch over their mouth and flick the side so it all fell at once.

Being the gringo I was, the closest analog I could think of for this was Fun Dip, which is basically flavored confectionary sugar.

Limon is NOT anything REMOTELY like fun dip. It is basically crushed rock salt, squirted with lemon juice, then let dry and then packaged.

So, here I thought I was getting mexican "fun dip," so I did the usual motion - tear, tip back, flick package - and so basically 1500 correction: 2000 mg of lemon-soaked salt drops smack dab on the middle of my tongue.

My friends laughed at the face I made for the rest of the year. I've never been able to replicate the look of shock and disgust ever again.[DOUBLEPOST=1498081385,1498081098][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh hey, I found a picture of it. I guess I should have read packaging more clearly back then.

Buzzfeed describes it as "the candy of choice for masochists."

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

The fuck am I looking at?
That is a stuffed Beaver.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I'm fairly sure that honor is reserved for salmiak.

--Patrick

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Discerning hobos prefer

L5937925.jpg

figmentPez

figmentPez

I may live in Texas, but I was born in Ohio, so I'll post these:

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

It all began in 1932 when B.E. and Mabel Atkinson needed to find a way to keep their family afloat during the Depression. As B.E. said, "during the Depression no one had any money, but everyone had a penny." Candy was an inexpensive indulgence that anyone could afford. They started their candy empire bootstrapping their way to success. Mabel created some of the original recipes for the candies we still make today like Peanut Butter Bars.
I actually know the Atkinsons. Kids went to school together, daughter took dance lessons from one of their daughters, the main plant is less than two miles from my home and I'm not allowed to go in the store very often, I buy too much.

Peanut Butter Bars and Chick-o-Sticks are the greatest things they make.

Emrys

Emrys

That is an abomination from beyond the grave. Kill it with fire!

Tress

Tress

I accept bribes in the form of cash or money transfers.

fade

fade

I actually know the Atkinsons. Kids went to school together, daughter took dance lessons from one of their daughters, the main plant is less than two miles from my home and I'm not allowed to go in the store very often, I buy too much.

Peanut Butter Bars and Chick-o-Sticks are the greatest things they make.
Didn't realize these were from Texas. We always got lots of these in our Halloween haul.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

That is an abomination from beyond the grave. Kill it with fire!
I keep throwing this ugly thing away and it ends up in my pantry staring down at me all diseased and freaky and rotting. It's vile.

Someone please come kill it.

Also, all the food pictures are making me hungry! I have no idea how I'm still awake after my treatment and the post gardening-hand washing hives.

Frank

Frank

I bought a 4 pack of Coffee Crisps today.

I ate them all.

Bubble181

Bubble181

When I think of a stuffed beaver, I think of far more interesting things.

I keep throwing this ugly thing away and it ends up in my pantry staring down at me all diseased and freaky and rotting. It's vile.

Someone please come kill it.
So, are you talking about the beaver, or HickGlans, or...?

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

So, are you talking about the beaver, or HickGlans, or...?
There are times when the snoring is unbearable, but no, I meant that thing he shared a picture of above. It's horrid. Maybe that picture is why I can't sleep?

General Specific

General Specific

I cannot speak for my entire home state, but I have never had coconut cake, nor have I seen it served anywhere. I mean other than the one everyone makes at some point in life for Easter, where the coconut is supposed to be Easter Bunny fur.
The fuck? I've lived for most of my life in SC and I have never heard of coconut cake. Might be because I hate coconut or possibly because I was raised presbyterian in an area overrun with southern baptists, IDK.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

You guys are mean. Mr. Beaver is a beloved childhood toy my Gramma gave me. It was a very sad day when I said goodbye to him.

:(

jwhouk

jwhouk

PatrThom

PatrThom

Whenever *I* think of stuffed beaver, my mind immediately goes to The Naked Gun.

--Patrick

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

This reminds me of back when I was in the 6th grade in El Paso. There was a little mexican woman just a couple blocks from my school that the kids would commonly go to to buy mexican candy.

I think I may have told this story before.

Anyway, the candy all the "cool" kids were getting those days was this stuff called "limon."
We had that stuff in S.W. Oklahoma too. The Mexican kids would bring it to school. We all thought it was rad.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I buy a kringle every time Trader Joe's has them when I'm there. They haven't had cream cheese yet, though. (I've had pecan, pumpkin and raspberry).

jwhouk

jwhouk

Use the link. Buy direct from the source.

Sent from my NXA8QC116 using Tapatalk

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

My friends laughed at the face I made for the rest of the year.
You should've seen my face the first time I had this:

Zappit

Zappit

Hmm...Massachusetts regional candy? Other than saltwater taffy, we've got...sigh...Necco Wafers...

image.jpg

You win. You ALL win.

Seriously, you could make honey candy with the bees themselves in the center, and you still win. However, I bet your candy couldn't be a replacement for highway and parking tokens like these can.

fade

fade

Those are made there but you unfortunately can buy them anywhere. But I guess that's true of most stuff on this list.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Hmm...Massachusetts regional candy? Other than saltwater taffy, we've got...sigh...Necco Wafers...

View attachment 24672

You win. You ALL win.

Seriously, you could make honey candy with the bees themselves in the center, and you still win. However, I bet your candy couldn't be a replacement for highway and parking tokens like these can.

PatrThom

PatrThom

There needs to be an easier way for me to buy this series.

--Patrick

figmentPez

figmentPez

View attachment 24672

You win. You ALL win.

pvp20170627.jpg.png

PvP for 2017-06-27

PatrThom

PatrThom

...and some Werther's.

--Patrick

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Billy West has been going off on Moxie lately...

I found some in Pittsburgh recently (and later in my local Cracker Barrel). It actually wasn't that bad. Kinda like birch beer with a hint of licorice.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I like Moxie. I wish I could find it easier.

Of course, I like licorice soda as well.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

I like Moxie. I wish I could find it easier.

Of course, I like licorice soda as well.
Try your local Cracker Barrel. Otherwise it's a mostly New England thing.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Hah, so Kurtz STILL farms us for ideas, I see.

Zappit

Zappit

I KNEW it.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Hack.

Celt Z

Celt Z

I've heard of Moxie, but I've never tried it.
Kinda like birch beer
Ooo! Yum!

...with a hint of licorice.
:Leyla:
:puke:

fade

fade

I hate licorice, but I like moxie.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Fuck you - it's funny.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Speaking of regional foods: have any of you heard of honey butter as something to dip sweet potato fries in? I was talking with friends and one of them said he thinks it's only around here and I really don't know now.

strawman

strawman

Speaking of regional foods: have any of you heard of honey butter as something to dip sweet potato fries in? I was talking with friends and one of them said he thinks it's only around here and I really don't know now.
Honey butter is used for a number of things - though I generally associate it with sopaipillas, a fried quick bread which is a treat with honey butter - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sopaipilla

Can't fry them fast enough for my brood.

I don't know any regional info about either, but my parents did it in Georgia, and I continue to do them occasionally here in michigan.

I think there's a chain buffet restaurant around here that stocks honey butter next to their rolls, which has a southern theme, so if anything I'd guess honey butter is a southern type condiment. Have never seen it prepackaged, though.[DOUBLEPOST=1498660749,1498660598][/DOUBLEPOST]This article suggests that honey was used as a preservative for butter in ocean voyaging days:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/lif...his-delicious-spread-was-born/article4439456/

Gared

Gared

I've heard of honey butter as something to use on baked sweet potatoes, but usually just laugh at people that do it because invariably, they're trying to find a condiment that fits a baked sweet potato the way that sour cream, cheese, butter, etc. fits a baked non-sweet potato - and usually it goes a little something like this:

***Attention Type 2 Diabetics! Do you miss baked russet potatoes since your diagnosis?! Miss them no more! Just have a baked sweet potato with honey butter, cinnamon, and brown sugar! They're awesome! And, while you're at it, have this non-dairy ice cream substitute which is just mashed bananas and peanut butter! It's totally great too! And, you should give up sugar and just drink apple juice all the time! Oh, and since your doctor no doubt told you to increase your vegetable consumption, you should have Waldorf Salads all the time now, and tons of melon and other fruits! It's healthy! Oh, and beer is bad for you now too, so switch to rum! Follow these simple steps and your diabetic life will be over faster than you can blink!^***

^Because you'll be dead.

strawman

strawman

I've always preferred brown sugar and butter with my sweet potatoes, maybe a little cinnamon.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I've heard of honey butter as a condiment for plenty of things, but never for sweet potato fries. Around my house the only condiments for sweet potato fries are ketchup or chili salt (1 unit each of chili powder, cayenne pepper, garlic powder mixed with 2 units of salt).

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

I've never heard of honey butter but it sounds like something I need in my face.

fade

fade

If we can use "stuff from your state that's good even though everyone has access to it now", then how about the York peppermint patty? SC's gift to the candy world. Named for York, SC.

papachronos

papachronos

Hushpuppies with honey butter are practically candy.

I'm going to Sunset Beach, NC in five days, which is next to Calabash, NC - the (self-styled) fried seafood capital of the world, and hushpuppy Mecca as far as I'm concerned. I've already packed my one-size-too-large pants to accommodate the inevitable waistline inflation.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I've never heard of honey butter but it sounds like something I need in my face.
You live in Texas, dude!

GasBandit

GasBandit

I dunno what to tell you, I've never seen that bottle in my life. And I DO go to whataburger on occasion :p

blotsfan

blotsfan

If you think honey butter is something you'd like, I guarentee you that you'll like it.

Celt Z

Celt Z

We have honey butter for a number of breakfast-related items around here, but with sweet potato fries is new to me.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Now this is weird to me because I don't think I've ever seen honey butter in any context besides sweet potato fries.

drifter

drifter

The only place I can recall seeing honey butter is at a restaurant with the free bread.

fade

fade

Honey butter goes on steakhouse yeast rolls.

figmentPez

figmentPez

And cinnamon butter goes quite well on cornbread.

GasBandit

GasBandit

And cinnamon butter goes quite well on cornbread.
Auugh cinnamon butter.... So good.... Mllaughuaghlll....

PatrThom

PatrThom

The only place I can recall seeing honey butter is at a restaurant with the free bread.
Yes, I got it most often at Steak & Ale restaurants. They would serve it with their little dark table loaves.
But it's equally at home on biscuits, cinnamon toast, pancakes, basically any breakfast bread.

--Patrick

Frank

Frank

Holy shit, I want some honey butter super bad.

strawman

strawman

If you've got honey and butter then you have everything you need to make some.

PatrThom

PatrThom

If you've got honey and butter then you have everything you need to make some.
Oh sure, tell the WORLD, why don'tcha.

--Patrick

strawman

strawman

Oh sure, tell the WORLD, why don'tcha.

--Patrick
I carefully evaluated every single [recipe] I disclosed to ensure that each was legitimately in the public interest. There are all sorts of [recipes] that would have made a big impact that I didn't turn over, because harming people isn't my goal. Transparency is.

-Edward Snowden

Frank

Frank

Well, now I just need to find something I really want to put it on.

I have determined the old native classic frybread will be the vessel.

drifter

drifter

Fuck you Frank, now I want frybread.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Fuck you Frank, now I want frybread.
You're an adult! Make some!

--Patrick

Frank

Frank

I practice what I preach!
unnamed (2).jpg

Also, these too, but I think you guys have access to these in the US now too.

unnamed.jpg

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

I practice what I preach!
View attachment 24703

Also, these too, but I think you guys have access to these in the US now too.

View attachment 24704
We have All Dressed Ruffles, but reports from the field suggest they still pale in comparison to their northern cousin.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I think they're called "Loaded Baked Potato" here in the States.

--Patrick

Frank

Frank

--Patrick
We have loaded baked potato flavour too and it's definitely not the same. All Dressed is like a mix of salt n vinegar, onion and BBQ.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

--Patrick
No, they're called All Dressed. They pop up here from time to time.

In various taste test videos on YouTube, folks routinely give the Canadian version higher marks. Even looking at them, you can tell the original has more flavoring on the chips.

Frank

Frank

And here's what Tim Horton's is doing for Canada's 150th.

Taking their disgusting microwaved potato wedges and putting them with some what's likely not real cheese curds with shitty gravy on a crappy donut.

Gross.

Tim Horton's sucks.

PatrThom

PatrThom

You'd still eat one, wouldn't you.

--Patrick

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Taking their disgusting microwaved potato wedges and putting them with some what's likely not real cheese curds with shitty gravy on a crappy donut.

Gross.

Tim Horton's sucks.
Only available in the US, and then only in five specific locations.

If the car is sufficiently repaired by Saturday, I should take a drive to Columbus and get one of these out of spite. :troll:

PatrThom

PatrThom

Nope. I already got burned by the Arby's venison one, where they ran out 12 minutes after they opened for business even though they supposedly had enough for 3 days.

--Patrick

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Nope. I already got burned by the Arby's venison one, where they ran out 12 minutes after they opened for business even though they supposedly had enough for 3 days.

--Patrick
Three of the five stores are in NY. Just the one in Michigan. So your chances were already pretty low.

PatrThom

PatrThom

It's only 150min away. I already drive 2/3 of that back and forth to work every day. Easily within striking distance.

--Patrick

Frank

Frank

Only available in the US, and then only in five specific locations.

If the car is sufficiently repaired by Saturday, I should take a drive to Columbus and get one of these out of spite. :troll:
Don't do it. Seriously. Their potato wedges are even viler than their coffee.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Don't do it. Seriously. Their potato wedges are even viler than their coffee.
I'd only do it to rile up Jay, anyway. :p

I'd wager he's gonna find a whole new category of f-bombs to react to this news. :popcorn:

Gared

Gared

Gross.

Tim Horton's sucks.
My only question is - would Tim Horton's have done something this disgusting before they were bought out by Burger King? Because that looks nasty... kinda like Cheetos flavored chicken fries. Or any chicken fries, come to think of it.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Two of those are by me. I could use a bit of self-loathing...

Denbrought

Denbrought

These are my favorite potato chips, with every brand's salt&vinegar a distant second.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

These are my favorite potato chips, with every brand's salt&vinegar a distant second.

I'm a fan of their BBQ.

And the Doritos Jalepeño and Cheddar.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I've never seen these, but now I wonder how they are different from bacon flavor.

--Patrick

jwhouk

jwhouk

I vaguely remember steak-flavored Lay's chips at one point.

Denbrought

Denbrought

I've never seen these, but now I wonder how they are different from bacon flavor.

--Patrick
Bacon and spanish cured ham don't taste alike, in my opinion. I would recommend trying the stuff, if you haven't.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Bacon and spanish cured ham don't taste alike, in my opinion. I would recommend trying the stuff, if you haven't.
I know they don't, but I don't expect Frit0-Lay's chip flavor toolbox to accurately replicate the subtleties between two actual foods.

--Patrick

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

I vaguely remember steak-flavored Lay's chips at one point.
Ruffles did that last year, I think. I thought they tasted weird.

Denbrought

Denbrought

I know they don't, but I don't expect Frit0-Lay's chip flavor toolbox to accurately replicate the subtleties between two actual foods.

--Patrick
If I can find the bacon flavor in Spain this coming Christmas, I'll try both side by side.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Arby's bringing venison sandwiches back nationwide next Saturday. And now with ELK in Colorado, Montana, and Wyoming.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Arby's bringing venison sandwiches back nationwide next Saturday. And now with ELK in Colorado, Montana, and Wyoming.
I wondered if they were going to.

--Patrick

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

We have mochi - sweet glutinous rice flour mixed with coconut milk, sugar, vanilla extract, and food coloring. You can add flavoring, too, if you like.
cd82e619b02aa401.jpg

Li Hing Mui - sour dried plum coated in a sour, salty, licorice, tiny bit sweet powder called li hing. I like the white ones more. Extra salty, sour. You can also just buy the powder. They sell other sweet candies with the powder on it, like gummy bears and rainbow belts.
lihingmui.jpg
lihing.jpg

Dei

Dei

Hah, the Colorado one is 15 minutes from me.

Cog

Cog

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Brad gives it a try...

@Dei, did you try to get the elk sammich?

Dei

Dei

Too busy and not interested enough.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Too busy and not interested enough.
Aye. Every time I try one these exotic meats, I'm reminded of why we domesticated steak..

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I love venison, but I think I want my mom to make it instead of Arby's.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

About half the time I make hamburger helper, I use the ground buffalo that I can get at the grocery store these days. They had ground elk in 1lb packs last month, and I made hamburger helper out of that too. Everyone thought it was the best hamburger helper I'd ever made. :lol:

It may be sacrilegious to use exotic meats in hamburger helper, but I don't really know much of what to do with ground beef except that, tacos or burgers. And I do want to encourage grocers to continue to offer more meat options. I'll flip the day I can get some good rabbit at the grocery store.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

It may be sacrilegious to use exotic meats in hamburger helper, but I don't really know much of what to do with ground beef except that, tacos or burgers.
I add an onion, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, tomato paste, and tomato sauce to 2lbs ground beef to make an awesome spaghetti sauce/hot dog chili. :)

GasBandit

GasBandit

Venison makes tasty sausage.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I add an onion, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, tomato paste, and tomato sauce to 2lbs ground beef to make an awesome spaghetti sauce/hot dog chili. :)
I used to make my own spaghetti sauce with it too. But spaghetti's off the menu. I really shouldn't even be having hamburger helper. But it's better for me than spaghetti.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

I used to make my own spaghetti sauce with it too. But spaghetti's off the menu. I really shouldn't even be having hamburger helper. But it's better for me than spaghetti.
So it's good that this sauce can also double as hot dog chili. My mom would even use it to make herself a taco salad. :)

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

It makes me laugh that you all keep calling venison "exotic meat". We had deer in our backyard when I was growing up. Shoot it and cook it up!

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

It makes me laugh that you all keep calling venison "exotic meat". We had deer in our backyard when I was growing up. Shoot it and cook it up!
Might be exotic in the not finding it on your local fast food place's menu most days sense, but around here the first day of gun deer season is a de facto state holiday (archery season not quite so much). They used to call it "Out of School Environment Day." :D

Emrys

Emrys

"Bumbi's mom! She's...":cry:

blotsfan

blotsfan

"Bumbi's mom! She's...":cry:
She's delicious!

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

We get deer in our yard too. I only call it "exotic" because you can't get it at the grocery store, usually.

Bubble181

Bubble181

We get deer in our yard too. I only call it "exotic" because you can't get it at the grocery store, usually.
There's plenty of flies and cockroaches and whathaveyou around here, too, but eating them I'd classify as kind of exotic, too. Heck, plenty of dogs here ,but they'd definitely raise some eyebrows if they were suddenly in between the mutton and the veal i nthe supermarket :p

Frank

Frank

These just came out in my neck of the woods. These might be my favourite flavour of chips ever. If Lays doesn't keep selling them, I will be very cross.

They're a cross between mild ketchupy tomato flavour and sour cream and onion with a bit of added smokiness of the bacon taste.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Fuck you @Frank I'm eating an Oh Henry bar.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Oh my!

Frank

Frank

Fuck you @Frank I'm eating an Oh Henry bar.
It's ok to like bland, crappy chocolate bars.

Enjoy your 263 empty, flavourless calories.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I just brought a 4# milk chocolate bar into work.
It’s not being eaten as fast as I had hoped.
I might have to truck 2# of chocolate back home again.

—Patrick