Export thread

MST3K Fans, unite!

Cajungal

Cajungal

So I've gotten that there are a lot of MST/Rifftrax fans here, so let's talk about it! Name some of your favorites! Joel vs. Mike discussions! Etc etc!

Some of my favorite songs in the old series are: "When I held your brain in my arms" "Werewolf" and "Tubular Boobular"

Favorite Episodes: I forgot what it's called, but the one with the explosives in the 18 wheeler... something-something-danger?
"Werewolf" is awesome, as is "Merlin's Shop of Mystical Wonders." I like a lot of the later ones, I guess. But a good older one is "Devil Doll." Sometimes Joel is a little too dry for my taste. I prefer Mike, because he's goofy and just so damn sharp. I watched an interview with Kevin once, and he said that when Mike first came in and started throwing out suggestions for comments during a viewing of the movie, they were all really impressed. And he kind of breathed new life into the show.

Great Rifftrax: Iron Man, Twilight, and Transformers.

Steven Soderburgin

The Daredevil Rifftrax is incredible.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Ohoho man... that one is on my list! I've seen the sample. It's fantastic.

M

Meraede

Pod People has got to be my all-time favourite, especially the skit where they riff on the crappy pop song in the film. "It stinks!"

Other favourites:
Attack of the Killer Leeches
Attack of the (the) Eye Creatures
The Screaming Skull
Santa Clause
Any of the Godzilla/Mothra/Gamera films
The Violent Years (I watched that one last night and was just rolling over how over-the-top it was in portraying teen delinquency). :blue:
Almost all of the shorts that they did before the main film.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFHlJ2voJHY:zmcck2gm][/youtube:zmcck2gm]

Krisken

Krisken

I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm an old school Joel fan. My two favorite episodes are on the same compilation.
Pod People
Cave Dwellers

And yes, the shorts are great. The Home Economics and You was hilarious, and the shop class one grew on me more and more.

Fun Size

Fun Size

A friend of mine sent me this link last night. Might actually have to go to the movies for a change:
http://celebrationcinema.com/?pid=184&id=1705

Gusto

Gusto

Space Mutiny is the only one I can remember at all and that compilation brought a lot of it back. :)

Krisken

Krisken

Gusto said:
Space Mutiny is the only one I can remember at all and that compilation brought a lot of it back. :)
That's a good compilation, too :)

Space Mutiny is my favorite. "We put our faith in BLAST HARDCHEESE!" :D

Let's see, Eegah! was a good one. "Watch out for snakes!"

This last week, I forced my friends and I to watch "Manos" The Hands of Fate which is just painful.

Merlin's Shop of Mystical Horrors is more like it. It did have one of our favorite lines in it. Ernest Brognine sitting and talking with the kid, "Uh oh!" - "I farted!"

I preferred Joel. I like dry humor a lot better, but Mike was certainly good in his own right.

I've not tried any of the Riff Trax yet. I, personally, haven't even gotten through all of the episodes.

Slab Bulkhead! Thick McRunfast! Trunk Slamchest! Smash Lampjaw! Slate Slabrock!

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Mike's always been my favorite over Joel, though there's some great old ones with him, too.

Some of my favorites are Prince of Space (waaaagh, wagh wagh), Merlin's Shop (try the Merlin chop!), and Cave Dwellers (biiiiiing, bong!).

Bowielee

Bowielee

Gamera....

Gamera....

Gamera is really neat

He is full of turtle meat

How we love you Gamera.

Gusto said:
She's presenting like a mandrill!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Cajungal

Cajungal

General Specific said:
Gusto said:
She's presenting like a mandrill!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I used that line at a club once. :D The hula hoop dance scene is GREAT.

There's one with Santa that I don't remember too well... but there were children from all over the world in it that were dressed really stereotypically. Anyone know that one?

Gusto

Gusto

I'm currently hitting up some Rifftrax, this thread having reminded me.

Daredevil (on Kissy's recommendation), The Two Towers, and Ocean's Eleven.

M

Meraede

Cajungal said:
There's one with Santa that I don't remember too well... but there were children from all over the world in it that were dressed really stereotypically. Anyone know that one?
"Santa Claus", featuring SATAN! (duh duh duh!) :twisted:

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

I somewhat skew more towards the rifftrax, since I like watching big hollywood failures get skewered more than obscure, shitty 40+ year old movies.

Meraede said:
Cajungal said:
"Santa Claus", featuring SATAN! (duh duh duh!) :twisted:
and that coked-out horse *shivers*

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

I like Joel better too. But, I haven't really given Mike a chance. I lost interest when they changed it. I really want to try the riff-trax. I'll try to get to it this weekend.

Cajungal

Cajungal

YES! DO IT!

I watched the sample for Casablanca. They said they wanted to challenge themselves. They did well riffing other movies that I've actually enjoyed. Interesting to see them tackle a classic!

Cajungal said:
I watched the sample for Casablanca. They said they wanted to challenge themselves. They did well riffing other movies that I've actually enjoyed. Interesting to see them tackle a classic!
Well, they did Overdrawn at the Memory Bank already, so... ;)

Qonas

I didn't catch MST3k until the Mike years, so I completely missed Joel and consequently when I view an episode of his I just don't laugh as hard as I do for a Mike episode. Joel just doesn't click with me. Not saying he isn't funny, just saying I missed the boat. :p

My favorite episode is by far Space Mutiny ("Alright folks, look alive! Oh sorry Barbara."), but there's so many good ones. Prince of Space (Crankor and the kids get a lot of focus, but the bumbling professors slayed me: "Oh! Ah! What? No! Where? PRINCE OF SPACE!"), Werewolf ("Is Joe Estevez *still* in this movie?"), Merlin's Shop (gotta love the big-time newspaper writer planning to bury Merlin in an article), but how has no one mentioned:

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXsu0ueiB9k:20qg7avc][/youtube:20qg7avc]

PU-MA MAN, he flies like a moron! When, you want, the flavor of bacon in a dip!

Batdan

Hobgoblins was always one of my favorites. Quit throwing puppets on me!!!

Batdan said:
Hobgoblins was always one of my favorites. Quit throwing puppets on me!!!
We watched that one a couple of weeks ago.

"There was an accident at the studio..."
"We made 'Hobgoblins'"

Qonas

It's the 80's, lets do a lot of coke and vote for Ronald Reagan!

MITCHELL!
Heart's pounding!
Veins clogging!
MITCHELL!

Steven Soderburgin

I recently did a marathon of every James Bond movie, and every time Joe Don Baker showed up as various characters, the Mitchell song was running through my head (and also out my mouth)

He's gonna eeeee-aaaat
your luuuu-uuunch!

Cajungal

Cajungal

General Specific said:
He's gonna eeeee-aaaat
your luuuu-uuunch!
:rofl: I watched that one last week!

"Can someone toss me a calzone?"

You think you can take me?

Well go ahead on.

It's your move.

Cajungal

Cajungal

*throws a spear into a guy's stomach*

OW! My first fat layer! :rofl:

This weekend I wanna watch the riff of "The Happening." The sample quote sold it for me: "Wait a minute, the monster is 'The Wind?' The only cheaper monster is low humidity." :rofl:

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Cajungal said:
*throws a spear into a guy's stomach*

OW! My first fat layer! :rofl:

This weekend I wanna watch the riff of "The Happening." The sample quote sold it for me: "Wait a minute, the monster is 'The Wind?' The only cheaper monster is low humidity." :rofl:
no

nononono

no No nonononononoN o no no non on on ononono non ononononononono

no

Krisken

Krisken

"Why is she limping?"
"Cause there's an arrow sticking out of her chest."
"Oh. What?"

"My name is Ator, and I don't come with a comfort strip!"

"I see. You don't find me repugnant, do you?"

"awww, they walkined into a Kurosawa film!"
"Does that mean it's going to start making sense?"

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

One of my favorite episodes of MST3K was "Agent for H.A.R.M."

"I better get back to the Judo Range."
"The Judo 'Range?'"

"Then go practice your Skeet Kendo, and bring your Aikido Rifle too!"

And all the frickin' Prince references! :rofl:

Edit:

Agent for H.A.R.M., Part 1
[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfmWzyEv0ug:1nn5fw8e][/youtube:1nn5fw8e]

Cajungal

Cajungal

The one with the killer bees set in England was really good too.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Oh man, how could I forget THE HORRORS OF SPIIIDER ISLAAAAAAAAAAAND.

Steven Soderburgin

Cajungal said:
no

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Cajungal

Cajungal

Are you boys saying that it's unwatchable, even when it's being horribly mocked? (never seen it)

I have a pretty high threshold for pain.

Krisken

Krisken

Back when people still used AOL to get online, I replaced the sound for AOL's starting up to Crow saying "What is it about the gates of hell that compels people to wander in to them anyway?"

Cajungal

Cajungal

It's toasty and warm in there... and there's popcorn. :popcorn:

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

The rifftrax is pretty funny, but that doesn't change the fact that you have to watch The Happening

Cajungal

Cajungal

Eh that's ok. I didn't make fun of how horrible Twilight was until I tried to read it and then watch it. When it comes to movies, I'd prefer to watch it and be able to say, "Ok yeah, that was HORRIBLE" than listen to people talk about it and nod and say, "So I've heard."

Masochistic? Perhaps.

I watched "The Happening" just so I could join in the mockery.

Favorite MSTs......right off the top of my head: one of the Gameras I can't remember, Manos of course, Bride of the Monster, The Unearthly, and the Planet of the Apes ripoff.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Cajungal said:
Masochistic? Perhaps.

You are talking to the dude that made all the posts I made then walked into Transformers 2 anyways. SO, I understand.

Steven Soderburgin

look, i just don't want to be the guy who saw someone about to see The Happening and did nothing.

Cajungal

Cajungal

You're sweet. ^_^ And I'll never say you didn't warn me.

Kissinger said:
look, i just don't want to be the guy who saw someone about to see The Happening and did nothing.
Are you kidding me?

You are the reason I saw the movie in the first place! Well, you and Charlie.

Cajungal said:
The one with the killer bees set in England was really good too.
*walks out in a trenchcoat & bowler hat, carrying an umbrella*

*stops, tips hat*

*walks off*

Cajungal

Cajungal

YES!

:D

The Deadly Bees

Had to look it up.

Krisken

Krisken

ZenMonkey said:
Kissinger said:
Are you kidding me?

You are the reason I saw the movie in the first place! Well, you and Charlie.
Spite= my favorite motivator.

Krisken said:
Spite= my favorite motivator.
Not my motivation at all, thank you. I was so intrigued by the hatred for the movie that I just had to see it for myself.

And now I am in total agreement with them about it. But I still want the RiffTrax.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I wish I was watching MST instead of working. Boggy Creek II to be precise.

Drivin' down the rooooad
Lookin' fer a Waffle House
Drinkin lotsa wiiiild turkey!

Krisken

Krisken

Cajungal said:
I wish I was watching MST instead of working. Boggy Creek II to be precise.

Drivin' down the rooooad
Lookin' fer a Waffle House
Drinkin lotsa wiiiild turkey!
I just watched that one last week! I swear, that had my mother in law and I cracking up!

Cajungal

Cajungal

Well if you can do that, you've got it made. :uhhuh:

Krisken

Krisken

Cajungal said:
Well if you can do that, you've got it made. :uhhuh:
What, hang out with my mother in law?

I really lucked out. My in laws, when not crazy, are really great to be around. :slywink:

Krisken

Krisken

Ok, so I'm trying to decide which collection to pick up next. I currently have...

The Mystery Science Theater 3000 Collection, Vol. 7 (The Killer Shrews / Hercules Against the Moon Men / Hercules Unchained / Prince of Space)
The Mystery Science Theater 3000 Collection, Vol. 5 (Boggy Creek II / Merlin's Shop of Mystical Wonders / Time Chasers / The Touch of Satan) (1988)
Mystery Science Theater 3000 Collection, Vol. 4 (Girl in Gold Boots / Hamlet [1961] / Overdrawn at the Memory Bank / Space Mutiny) (1988)

Any suggestions on which box set would be best to pick up next???

M

Meraede

Krisken said:
Ok, so I'm trying to decide which collection to pick up next. I currently have...

The Mystery Science Theater 3000 Collection, Vol. 7 (The Killer Shrews / Hercules Against the Moon Men / Hercules Unchained / Prince of Space)
The Mystery Science Theater 3000 Collection, Vol. 5 (Boggy Creek II / Merlin's Shop of Mystical Wonders / Time Chasers / The Touch of Satan) (1988)
Mystery Science Theater 3000 Collection, Vol. 4 (Girl in Gold Boots / Hamlet [1961] / Overdrawn at the Memory Bank / Space Mutiny) (1988)

Get Vol. 4. Girl in Gold Boots, Overdrawn at the Memory Bank, and Space Mutiny will have you rolling.

Krisken said:

Space Mutiny is worth it by itself.

Krisken

Krisken

Meraede said:
Krisken said:

Get Vol. 4. Girl in Gold Boots, Overdrawn at the Memory Bank, and Space Mutiny will have you rolling.
Yup, those are the ones I do have :D

I'm thinking either...

The Mystery Science Theater 3000 Collection, Vol. 2 (Angels' Revenge / Cave Dwellers / Pod People / Shorts, Vol. 1) (1988)

Or

The Mystery Science Theater 3000 Collection, Vol. 11 (Ring of Terror / The Indestructible Man / Tormented / Horrors of Spider Island) (1962)

Or

Mystery Science Theater 3000: Volume XIV (which is super cheap for some reason and rated highly)

M

Meraede

Krisken said:
Meraede said:
Krisken said:

Yup, those are the ones I do have :D

I'm thinking either...

The Mystery Science Theater 3000 Collection, Vol. 2 (Angels' Revenge / Cave Dwellers / Pod People / Shorts, Vol. 1) (1988)

Or

The Mystery Science Theater 3000 Collection, Vol. 11 (Ring of Terror / The Indestructible Man / Tormented / Horrors of Spider Island) (1962)

Or

Mystery Science Theater 3000: Volume XIV (which is super cheap for some reason and rated highly)
Gah! I suck at reading comprehension. I'm blaming the meds.

Get Vol. 2. Pod People is a horrible rip-off of E.T. and my all-time favourite. Shorts Vol. 1 is fantastic. It's worth getting just to see "The Home Economics Story" and "The Chicken of Tomorrow".

Krisken

Krisken

Meraede said:
Get Vol. 2. Pod People is a horrible rip-off of E.T. and my all-time favourite. Shorts Vol. 1 is fantastic. It's worth getting just to see "The Home Economics Story" and "The Chicken of Tomorrow".
I think that's the way I'll go. I have Pod People and Cave Dwellers (two of my favorites) on tape and somehow lost my tape of Shorts. I've seen Angels Revenge, and it's great just to see Jack Palance try running.

Cajungal

Cajungal

You know, I SHOULD have said: "Kriskens: They're mother in law approved!"

Nabiiiiscoooooo. *ding*

Krisken

Krisken

Cajungal said:

Nabiiiiscoooooo. *ding*
I'm glad you said that and not mother in law tested!

Cajungal

Cajungal

"Remember Kif, the fastest way to a woman's bed is her family. Sleep with them and you're in!"

:Leyla:

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Cajungal said:

Nabiiiiscoooooo. *ding*

Although, now that you have different avatar, I'm gonna have to make a new one. Maybe Hot & Spicy Kriskens?

Cajungal

Cajungal

Or maybe a brand new batch of Kriskens rises out of the crumbs whenever you finish.

Krisken

Krisken

Cajungal said:
Or maybe a brand new batch of Kriskens rises out of the crumbs whenever you finish.
:rofl: Oh boy! We'll have to be careful with that ad campaign! I'd hate for people to make jokes that rising from the ashes is the same as vomiting!

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Krisken said:
Meraede said:
I think that's the way I'll go. I have Pod People and Cave Dwellers (two of my favorites) on tape and somehow lost my tape of Shorts. I've seen Angels Revenge, and it's great just to see Jack Palance try running.
Yeah, I have Volume 2 and it's probably my favorite overall. Cave Dwellers is also awesome. Angel's Revenge is alright.

For fans of MST3K, D&D, and/or hating chick tracts

http://www.humpin.org/mst3kdd/

Heh, Mr. ZM is bringing a DVD projector to work tomorrow so they can all watch "Space Travellers" (I think that was the episode) afterwards. It's so much fun to watch the show with other people. When I was in college I saw "MST3K Live" with TV's Frank -- it wasn't really live, he just screened a new episode for the audience and took questions. It was a total blast.