[Music] Movie Music Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

North_Ranger

Staff member
I recently dug out the old Best Movie Themes thread to recap on some awesome movie music, but it seems that the forum changes have kinda messed up the YouTube links. So consider this the return of movie music ;)

Or... a thread where you can post movie themes or pieces of film scores that you find funny, touching or otherwise moving.

Starting with a piece that actually surprised me how popular it became...

Then out to sea with some haunting Vangelis...

If this doesn't get you pumped, go back to kissing snakes, you Stygian dog!

I still get the chills from this theme... Particularly when I recall how it was used in the final fight between Uncas, Chingachgook and Magua.

And at the end of this post... I really cannot say anything now. I always get terribly choked up by this piece. Goddammit, I have tears in my eyes right now.

I always liked the use of music in this scene, nearly fell from the chair laughing while getting goosebumbs at the same time...

North_Ranger

Staff member
Gotta love the classics... I remember humming this a lot in my teens, and I still get a pick-me-up feeling from this song.

Not such a well-known piece, this one. Crappy movie, yes, but this song by Alan Silvestri and sung by Idina Menzel... I fell in love with it the moment I heard it. I actually use this as the theme song for a character of mine.

I kid thee not, I get the chills every time I hear this song - and especially when I watch this scene. Also, a few years back I took part in a nativity play that was acted out in one of the bigger churches here in Turku. The acoustics were marvellous, and one time before the rehearsals I walked up to the microphone and sang this piece, just so I could hear this haunting melody echo in the church. The director - well, the husband in the couple who directed the play - loved it. Last year he and I actually sang it as a drunken duet in the post-production party of the Medieval Market. Ah, memories...

Howard Shore + Bernard Hill = Charge of the Rohirrim (starting at 0:55):

Status
Not open for further replies.