Morphine's Imagery

Ever been to Barcelona? If so, tell me about it. I'm planning to go for my honeymoon. (along with Paris and Positano)
Barcelona knocked my socks off. There's so much to see and so many people to meet. I loved it.

The "Redhead" photograph was taken in Barcelona, at Barrio de Gracia.

I take more pictures now and I actually make some money off it :)

(Not these two in particular, that's my niece, Angelina playing with me on a sunday.)

She's so crazy, she cured my broken heart.

The dancer with the pretty belly is still one of my favorite things to shoot...

My sister being THE favorite...

[DOUBLEPOST=1378167322,1378167290][/DOUBLEPOST]They lose so much quality when I post them here :/

They certainly don't seem to lose any of your incredible perspective, understanding of light or artist's ability to capture a moment and I'm glad you are posting them again!

Whoa! I don't know when you came back Morphone but you are always welcome here! Your pictures continue to astound!

Thanks, guys! :)

Since I was gone I've also developed a new relationship with my body and the way I see and think of other people's bodies, too...
It's a whole thing, I call it "Gordiamor" n_n

I was also blonde for a while...

But it didn't feel very "me" and that ended quickly...

I saw Ender's Game last night.
I loved the whole strategy theme, I thought it was pretty clever and I really liked the story, but what really touched me was the concept of knowing someone so well that you can't help, at least for a moment, to love them. I know what that's like and it's a beautiful thing.

In photography, sometimes photographer and model develop a sort of tattoo artist-tattooee connection. When I become familiar enough with the person staring back at the lens, after a while, right before I get the best shot, I get to really know them and see a glimpse of the stories behind that face and a whole life I could never completely figure out. The stories of mothers, fathers, grandparents, love stories and battle stories. Unbelievable stories. In that moment, I love them. I know every pore and every freckle are exactly where they are meant to be, they are no accident: they are true, undeniable beauty. I click the shutter fully aware that this is the best shot and sometimes it takes my breath away.

Considering the huge stigma associated with "being SO FAT" in modern society, I always wonder what's going on in behind a woman's eyes when she deliberately gets someone to take her representative "belly picture(s)" while pregnant. I don't know if it's rebellion, a desire to share that "glow," the documentation of a life process, or what. I'm sure the motivation is different for each person, and its this wide range of different reasons that fascinates me.

--Patrick

Considering the huge stigma associated with "being SO FAT" in modern society, I always wonder what's going on in behind a woman's eyes when she deliberately gets someone to take her representative "belly picture(s)" while pregnant. I don't know if it's rebellion, a desire to share that "glow," the documentation of a life process, or what. I'm sure the motivation is different for each person, and its this wide range of different reasons that fascinates me.

--Patrick
I don't know, but to me, a "fat" woman and a "pregnant" woman look nothing alike. A pregnant woman (tends to) be far more feminine, radiating pheromones and so forth. Yes, covered in clothes you can sometimes be mislead, but usually, certainly in bathing suit or less, there's no mistaking who's what. Pregnant women are beautiful. Fat women, well, depends on just how fat, I'm not a fan of stick figures (except in webcomics :p) but "morbidly obese" isn't pretty either.

Most "fat" women are ashamed of their body (often wrongly so - most wome who consider themselves "fat" aren't) and hide it; have a bad self image, and radiate a lack of confidence and that sort of things.

I don't know, but to me, a "fat" woman and a "pregnant" woman look nothing alike. A pregnant woman (tends to) be far more feminine, radiating pheromones and so forth. Yes, covered in clothes you can sometimes be mislead, but usually, certainly in bathing suit or less, there's no mistaking who's what. Pregnant women are beautiful. Fat women, well, depends on just how fat, I'm not a fan of stick figures (except in webcomics :p) but "morbidly obese" isn't pretty either.

Most "fat" women are ashamed of their body (often wrongly so - most wome who consider themselves "fat" aren't) and hide it; have a bad self image, and radiate a lack of confidence and that sort of things.

Fat women's beauty does not depend on "just how fat", and saying "morbidly obese isn't pretty" is way out of line in this chubbylovin' thread, my dear, you are more than welcome to say "I like..." or "I prefer..." or whatever else that implies that you are only talking about your own perspective and not defining a rule. Women and men can be as beautiful as they or anyone else believes them to be :)

Cajungal

Staff member
Fat women's beauty does not depend on "just how fat", and saying "morbidly obese isn't pretty" is way out of line in this chubbylovin' thread, my dear, you are more than welcome to say "I like..." or "I prefer..." or whatever else that implies that you are only talking about your own perspective and not defining a rule. Women and men can be as beautiful as they or anyone else believes them to be :)
*hug* I hate being photographed, but I'd let you take my picture any day.

I'm not talking about regular old "chubby". My girlfriend outweighs me by 30 pounds, easy, and she's shorter than me. Believe me, I prefer my ladies on the chubbier side of a skeleton (aka "fashion models" - yuk).
I was talking about actual morbid obesity; I can't help the term having suffered some severe mediatic decay. A person - man or woman - who can't get out of bed anymore because their skeleton can't support their weight is unhealthy and yes, genuinely, generally, not pretty anymore. I'm sure there are people who like it still - but just like those who think anorexics can stand to lose a few more pounds, that's not a normal attraction. Sorry.

As I said before - most women who consider themselves "fat" aren't (Sorry Seej, I've seen your pictures. You're not fat. You might just qualify for "the way I like it" :p).

Bubble, I think you missed the point. You don't get to decide the absolute definition of what is "pretty". You are allowed to prefer what you like, but there is a vast canyon of difference between "I don't prefer obese women" and "Obese women aren't pretty".

My wife hates the way she looks. I tell her I think she's beautiful every day, and I'd never want anything else, but I have a feeling that eventually my words became meaningless to her, since I'm both biased towards her and always supportive.