Michael Weston nipped on DUI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

elph

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art ... wD99IEK281

Police: Jeffrey Donovan arrested, suspected of DUI
(AP) – 3 hours ago

MIAMI BEACH, Fla. — Miami Beach police say they arrested \"Burn Notice\" star Jeffrey Donovan on suspicion of drunken driving.

The arrest report says an officer pulled Donovan over on July 12 after noticing that he swerved his car to avoid hitting the police car from behind. The officer reported that the actor's eyes appeared bloodshot and watery.

The actor of the popular USA Network series was arrested after failing a field sobriety test. The arrest report says Donovan refused to take a Breathalyzer test.

The 41-year-old actor, who worked alongside actress Angelina Jolie in the 2008 film, \"Changeling,\" was released several hours later on $1,000 bail.

His publicist declined to comment. A phone message left with a network spokeswoman was not immediately returned.

I'm amazed that people still drink and drive. There's absolutely no need for that. Most cities have taxis that will take you home for no charge and if you do plan to drink can't you come up with a "get home" plan? Over the past year in our area several people have been killed by drunk drivers with the worst incident being a woman under the influence plowing into a crowd of people killing several. Now she gets to sober up with life in prison (I'm assuming-it hasn't gone to trial yet).

C

crono1224

Steve said:
I'm amazed that people still drink and drive. There's absolutely no need for that. Most cities have taxis that will take you home for no charge and if you do plan to drink can't you come up with a "get home" plan? Over the past year in our area several people have been killed by drunk drivers with the worst incident being a woman under the influence plowing into a crowd of people killing several. Now she gets to sober up with life in prison (I'm assuming-it hasn't gone to trial yet).
People think they can make a reasonable decision when they are drunk, they don't and this happens. It's never going to go away sadly, luckily for this situation no one was hurt.

Though apparently he can pierce the most guarded buildings in Miami, but can't talk his way out of a sobriety test.

Cajungal

Staff member
I hate when people say that they're better drivers when they're a certain level of drunk. That just proves to me that they're too far gone to drive. It's part of why I hate going to bars. I hate when everything closes down and i have to watch people stagger towards their cars. Thank God for checkpoints.

C

crono1224

Cajungal said:
I hate when people say that they're better drivers when they're a certain level of drunk. That just proves to me that they're too far gone to drive. It's part of why I hate going to bars. I hate when everything closes down and i have to watch people stagger towards their cars. Thank God for checkpoints.
never heard about being better driver, usually its better at like pool or pinball :p.

What they need is a network or sports team with a no-bs style, want to break the law you're off my damn network/team. That may straighten some people out. or take away drivers licenses for "nomal" folk on the first offense

Cajungal

Staff member
Has no one else heard that? I had so many friends in high school/college who said that. It's just the biggest steaming crock.

C

crono1224

CrimsonSoul said:
What they need is a network or sports team with a no-bs style, want to break the law you're off my damn network/team. That may straighten some people out. or take away drivers licenses for "nomal" folk on the first offense
Sounds good but money > morals for plenty of reasons. And they do take away peoples license and people still drive.

Cajungal said:
Has no one else heard that? I had so many friends in high school/college who said that. It's just the biggest steaming crock.
If I knew anyone who said something like that, I would never ever go anywhere with them, no matter what their apparent level of sobriety, or whether or not they promise not to drink.

I would also ask them at every opportunity to move to another city. Preferably Rapture. Or Paris.

Cajungal said:
It's enormously common and is stated as one of the problems of drunk driving, that people honestly think they're better drivers.

I've never driven drunk enough to fail a Breathalyzer but I've driven tipsier than I should once or twice, and I've also driven lightly medicated. (Well, one time I was monumentally stoned, but that's another story and long before I was a patient or even ill.) For me it is by far harder to drive even tipsy. It's like I'm controlling someone else's body. Driving medicated or even stoned, I tend to slow down a bit, relax, and be more careful. Not that I will ever drive that stoned again; I'm just saying.

I have had Mr. ZM in the car with me to judge my driving while slightly medicated (just enough to clear my head so I CAN drive) and he gave me full marks, so at least I had someone else to verify that I do drive fine in that state, in case I have to at some point. But these days if I need to medicate in order to drive, I just don't drive, for the most part.

There was an accident here about a year ago. Dude crossed the median and wiped out a family. He walked away. Turned out he was a five-time loser (at least) on DUIs. He kept getting to plea bargain to lesser charges. Not this time. He's not getting out for a long, long time.

Fuck objective. Fuck fair. Fuck these guys. Celebrity or not, a lot of these guys deserve the George Carlin treatment... fired out of a cannon right into a brick wall. At least they'll know it's coming. More than they deserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.