Mass Effect 1 on PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little side note help.

I'm playing through as a renegade infiltrator as well.

How do you finish the quest with the evangelizing alien at the space station to get renegade points? I don't want to buy the dude a lisence, as that gives paragon points, and I can't see any other way to resolve it. My intimidation is maxxed out, and no additional lines of dialogue are showing up.

Bowielee said:
I've already played through as a paragon and I can tell you that there are probably more choices where you get nothing by going paragon, then there are by going renegade.
My problem is not "getting nothing" by going renegade. My issue was that there were situations where there was no choice but to go Paragon unless you wanted to severely hamper your progress.
Bowielee said:
A little side note help.

How do you finish the quest with the evangelizing alien at the space station to get renegade points? I don't want to buy the dude a lisence, as that gives paragon points, and I can't see any other way to resolve it. My intimidation is maxxed out, and no additional lines of dialogue are showing up.
See my above answer. :eek:rly:

Shegokigo said:
Bowielee said:
I've already played through as a paragon and I can tell you that there are probably more choices where you get nothing by going paragon, then there are by going renegade.
My problem is not "getting nothing" by going renegade. My issue was that there were situations where there was no choice but to go Paragon unless you wanted to severely hamper your progress.
Bowielee said:
A little side note help.

well, balls.

I just really hope there's no downside to having a bit of Paragon even though my Renegade is nearly maxed. Like some kind of "neutral ending" bullshit.

M

Mr_Chaz

Bowielee said:
Shegokigo said:
Bowielee said:
Bowielee said:
A little side note help.

well, balls.
Huh, you should be able to charm & intimidate either of the evangelist or the C-Sec guy to get one of them to leave (if this is the mission I'm thinking of). Worked for me I'm sure.

Shegokigo said:
I just really hope there's no downside to having a bit of Paragon even though my Renegade is nearly maxed. Like some kind of "neutral ending" bullshit.
When I played Paragon, I didn't really intend to go that way, I just picked the choices that I would have hypothetically taken if it were me and I ended up with a few renegade points. I still got the Paragon ending.

You can intimdate the C-Sec worker, but that doesn't "complete" the quest.
Bowielee said:
When I played Paragon, I didn't really intend to go that way, I just picked the choices that I would have hypothetically taken if it were me and I ended up with a few renegade points. I still got the Paragon ending.
Amusingly enough, every renegade point I've gotten has been due to realistic choices I'd make in the situation. Every Paragon point I've gotten has gone against ever fiber of my being. :devil:

Shegokigo said:
You can intimdate the C-Sec worker, but that doesn't "complete" the quest.
Bowielee said:
Amusingly enough, every renegade point I've gotten has been due to realistic choices I'd make in the situation. Every Paragon point I've gotten has gone against ever fiber of my being. :devil:
In related shocking news.

Water is wet.

Bowielee said:

Water is wet.
Snarky comment aside:

Hey, gotta love games that really give you the option to "let loose" and just flat out enjoy watching people beg as they die. [spoiler:18euz7b5]Like the woman in the thorian plant room, telling her she dies anyway, she just kneels down accepting her fate, I walk up to her and just fire into the back of her head execution style. Now that may have caused a backlash later on, but I was already pent up from having to save the colonists with the gas grenades.....[/spoiler:18euz7b5]

The endings [spoiler:1xd2a1i1]don't give a shit whether you went paragon or renegade. The entire ending is based on a renegade or paragon choice you make near the end regardless of what your rating is.[/spoiler:1xd2a1i1]

[spoiler:ub3eakuw]Indeed. I think the only difference between the two endings is a background color change in the final movie.[/spoiler:ub3eakuw]

There's also a Paragon only quest and a Renegade only quest, but they don't affect the ending in any way. (Also you totally dont' have to save the colonists!)

Dei said:
There's also a Paragon only quest and a Renegade only quest, but they don't affect the ending in any way. (Also you totally dont' have to save the colonists!)
You don't have to, but you miss out on a ton of cash/xp/items.

My favorite Renegade storyline honestly, was the ending of Bring Down the Sky. [spoiler:32ezoup5]Even if all the hostages did die.[/spoiler:32ezoup5]

Without any spoilers, is there any reason to "discover" all the "hidden" mineral deposits on each planet. It's getting tedious having to scour a whole map during side missions.

Yeah, XP and money is all they exist for.

I thought the Mako was fun for about half an hour, then planet after planet of incredibly steep mountains taught me why I was wrong to enjoy it.

L

Le Quack

Don't pirate it or you'll waste about an hour of your life.

There's a part that requires the actual CD that lets you continue to the game. Many pro-pirating patches havent fixed it.

Basically I had to go buy the game.

=[

Le Quack said:
Don't pirate it or you'll waste about an hour of your life.

There's a part that requires the actual CD that lets you continue to the game. Many pro-pirating patches havent fixed it.

Basically I had to go buy the game.

=[
Damn them for requiring you to purchase the game. Damn them straight to hell.

:eyeroll:

D

DougTheHead

Shegokigo said:
Bowielee said:

Water is wet.
Snarky comment aside:

Hey, gotta love games that really give you the option to "let loose" and just flat out enjoy watching people beg as they die. [spoiler:1fybeynw]Like the woman in the thorian plant room, telling her she dies anyway, she just kneels down accepting her fate, I walk up to her and just fire into the back of her head execution style. Now that may have caused a backlash later on, but I was already pent up from having to save the colonists with the gas grenades.....[/spoiler:1fybeynw]
Why the hell did you [spoiler:1fybeynw]save them with the gas grenades? The gas grenades are just a suggestion; you don't fail the mission if you kill every last one of the colonists. That's how you get a bunch of renegade points- one for each colonist you kill, I believe.[/spoiler:1fybeynw]

DougTheHead said:
Why the hell did you [spoiler:3llji1o8]save them with the gas grenades? The gas grenades are just a suggestion; you don't fail the mission if you kill every last one of the colonists. That's how you get a bunch of renegade points- one for each colonist you kill, I believe.[/spoiler:3llji1o8]
Because it seriously seemed like letting them die would jeopordize the vendor/future quests.

Shegokigo said:
DougTheHead said:
Why the * did you [spoiler:3psoslqs]save them with the gas grenades? The gas grenades are just a suggestion; you don't fail the mission if you kill every last one of the colonists. That's how you get a bunch of renegade points- one for each colonist you kill, I believe.[/spoiler:3psoslqs]
Because it seriously seemed like letting them die would jeopordize the vendor/future quests.
Nope Mayor'll give you some cash afterwords and everybody'll thank you but there was no downside to running and gunning.

And don't worry about the endings. You get to choose the ending no matter how completely paragon or renegade you are.

Shegokigo said:
I don't know if anyone clearly answered this in the last while but [spoiler:n3xl0qo4]there is absolutely zero penalty to having paragon points if you're renegade and vice versa.[/spoiler:n3xl0qo4]

Just finished and I'm pissed off:

[spoiler:qsr21suw]Not a single word about what happens to ANY of them? No commendation for Joker for amazing/kickass piloting? Does Tali continue her pilgramage? Wrex find a cure for the Krogan? Ashely get promoted? Garrus take over C-Sec or become a Spectre? Liara go back to studying or does she continue her life with Shepard?[/spoiler:qsr21suw] Seriously? Not a single word? *sigh*

Secondly:
[spoiler:qsr21suw]NONE of my Renegade choices made a freakin difference on the ending? I mean granted, it was GREAT seeing the action/reaction of my choices throughout the game, but NO changes to the ending based on what I did all game long? Weak Bioware, really weak[/spoiler:qsr21suw]

Finally:
[spoiler:qsr21suw]THAT was the three ending choice? Council Alive, New Council with Aliens/Humans, Council with just Humans? Ooooh Big freaking difference[/spoiler:qsr21suw]

All in all, fantastic game, really let down on the ending. Some say it's all about the journey, I'll partially agree there. The journey that it took me on was great.

If you think of it as the first installment in what'll probably a trilogy or more, the ending is a bit more palpable.

And it sounds like you decided to [spoiler:289qm7k2]sacrifice Kaiden[/spoiler:289qm7k2]. I usually do the same.

I actually liked Kaiden. Dude had a rough go at life and didn't seem to let any of it bug him too much. Though, I also liked Ashley the God fearin' space racist too, despite her terrifying dead eyes.

Kaidan is not a great character but he's pretty badass when played right.

Kaidan+wrex+my bastion adept = most effective team ever.

try a bastion adept with shotgun.

you're not going to believe how powerful it really is until you play it.

I thought my inf was hot stuff (i played the game 5 times so far), boy was i wrong

Soldier is boring. if you're gonna play Tali+Wrex, take a vanguard :D

Well the reason for Soldier is that I already played the game "at a distance", now I wanna get my hands nice and bloody on the front line, and Tech/Biotec don't seem the way to go for that route.

D

DougTheHead

The decisions you make in Mass Effect 1 don't effect that game's ending so much, but from what I've heard they determine a lot about what happens in Mass Effect 2. I can't tell if this is the coolest thing ever, or a marketing ploy to force you to buy all 3 games and play through them 6 different times.

Ok, now see, THAT would be great.

Kinda like "if you killed person A, then person B would come seeking revenge"? That would be fantastic.

Especially on Viremire, it had some delectable kill choices: [spoiler:3duadg96]Kill the Husks that were still Salarian instead of leaving them, killing the researcher below Saren's Lab, etc[/spoiler:3duadg96]

Status
Not open for further replies.