Marvel vs Capcom 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh, that's Nowhere near mags style. I can see where it may look similar but I can easily see that the gameplay won't be.
The first combo he does in the video is almost identical to a Mags melee combo.

His pick up and throw is, aside from the graphics, almost identical to the concept behind Mags throw. (Except Mags throws forward, not behind him)

His Hyper after the throw is a singular Magnetic Shockwave. His ranged is a palette swap of Magnetic Disrupter.

Also, FUCK CAPCOM FOR THIS GAME. Grr.

And I'm obviously not the only one to see the similarities:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/637240-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3/60042320

His animations are VERY close to Magneto and a lot of his attack effects are just yellow versions of Magneto's purple crap he spews. They are very similar looking.
Added at: 11:06
His animations are VERY close to Magneto and a lot of his attack effects are just yellow versions of Magneto's purple crap he spews. They are very similar looking.

Added at: 11:06
I just want to add

Sorry, I see Venom/Testament (GGX) everytime I see that vid.

Maybe it's my years of playing GGX, maybe it's my years of playing MvC2 competitively.

Again, I see where you'd make the connection. The animations look similar but only when compared to each other. When viewed apart and compared otherwise, it's visibly different.

-----Analysis------
In the Doc Strange video - :35 his throw feels more like Venom's Que Ball grab and direction misdirect toss than Mag's quick grab and toss.

The teleport in :42 is another of Venom's moves. Something that Mag's lacks and is a HUGE proponent to a character's gameplay. Teleport moves alone can completely revolutionize the way the character works.

The super move in :46 supercedes the super move being thrown at him, much like Venom's and nothing like Magneto's which are all eliminateable.

At :52 with the Air Mines is where he CLEARLY pull away from anything Magneto is going to offer. The Air Minefield gameplay is so far beyond that of almost any character in almost any fighting game that it's a very unique and easily noticeable gameplay. Venom and Testament pretty much live off the style. Nothing in MvC series comes close.

At :55 there is a "bubble" move that hits multiple times as it slowly charges toward the enemy. That is EXACTLY what Venom's main super move does. It charges, in a large glowing ball, towards an enemy and strikes at multiple hit boxes as it flows through the character. Again, Magneto has nothing of this sort.

Hahah, I keep reading Venom as the Spider-man character, not the GGX character and it makes me doubt your sanity. This is my problem, not yours ;)

O

Overflight

...even though this was known for quite a while, it's worth repeating. They actually put friggin PHOENIX WRIGHT in this game.

...and is it just me or does he not punch or kick AT ALL? That's just WEIRD.

It looks like Mr. Wright has a gimmick: He has to use his abilities to uncover evidence items during the fight in order to fuel his powers, but using certain powers uses up the evidence. Then he can do things with it...

- He can throw it at enemies like a projectile. This hurts them but uses up the item. This is probably to get rid of evidence you don't need.
- If he gets certain items, it changes his magnifying glass into his Attorney badge, which lets him summon the Judge for an attack. This doesn't do much damage but it does send the enemy flying. Perhaps it's like a combo breaker? It doesn't seem to use up his evidence though... maybe this is what happens if you try to use his Super with the wrong items?
- If he gets certain pieces of (I'm guessing) related evidence, he announces that he has all he needs and his magnifying glass/badge turns into his finger. This lets him perform his ultimate and successfully accuse his opponent. I'm willing to bet that this is incredibly damaging, if only because of how hard it's going to be to pull off in a match.

So using Phoenix Wright is a gamble: Your ether going to get the evidence you need right away and destroy your opponent or your going to get owned while looking for evidence. I'm guessing he's going to get banned from tournaments, depending on how strong his Level 3 is.

O

Overflight

Either Capcom is deliberately fucking with us (which unfortunately may be the case) or Mega Man appearing in the game in some capacity is NOT completely out of the question:

...at the very least give us him as DLC in the friggin Anniversary, Capcom!

The only problem now is that Zero plays so close to how Mega Man would play. It would feel redundant, I think. Who knows, maybe they'll do it anyway. There are always at least 2 Wolverines nowadays.

The only problem now is that Zero plays so close to how Mega Man would play. It would feel redundant, I think. Who knows, maybe they'll do it anyway. There are always at least 2 Wolverines nowadays.
Isn't Zero mainly an up close fighter who mainly uses his Z-Saber? Isn't that sort of the opposite of what Mega Man would do with his Mega Buster?

Final Reveal: Frank West and Rocket Raccoon.

It looks like Frank has an interesting Level Up Mechanic... if he can nail a photo at the end of a combo or something, his basic weapon changes into a better form.

- Golf Club (start)
- Baseball Bat
- Fire Ax
- Defiler (Fire Ax/Sledgehammer combo)
- Chain Saw
- Paddle Saw (Kayak Paddle/Chain Saw combo)

He can also drink wine to recover health (or maybe just recover the red zone) but it makes him throw up later. Plus he can summon a zombie! It's basically his Tatsunoko Vs Capcom character with a few tweaks.

Rocket Raccoon seems to be able to nail you no matter where you go. His various traps can cover pretty much any location on the battlefield, plus he has a few homing projectiles and the ability to fly short periods. Also, his voice is FANTASTIC.

The Frank West Megaman thing makes sense, as he could do it in Dead Rising and he did it for one of his attacks in Tatsunoko Vs Capcom.

Status
Not open for further replies.