Marvel vs Capcom 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last thread for this game is closed, and I thought it was time we gave this game some love.

Capcom announced 4 new fighters at SDCC. Two of them were expected, while the other two are pleasant surprises. I cannot wait for this game.

Anyone else looking forward to it? Any particular NEW characters you want to see added? A friend of mine is hoping for Megaman X and/or Zero, while I'm hoping to see Arthur from Ghosts and Goblins (I know, it'll never happen).

J

Jiarn

Anyonelse notice the VIEWTIFUL comment during one of the combos?

Guess we'll see Joe on the CAPCOM side soon.

The last thread for this game is closed, and I thought it was time we gave this game some love.

Capcom announced 4 new fighters at SDCC. Two of them were expected, while the other two are pleasant surprises. I cannot wait for this game.

Anyone else looking forward to it? Any particular NEW characters you want to see added? A friend of mine is hoping for Megaman X and/or Zero, while I'm hoping to see Arthur from Ghosts and Goblins (I know, it'll never happen).
If we get a Megaman, it's ether going to be classic or Rockman Volnutt from Legends. If it's Zero, I suspect it'll be Megaman Zero and not Classic Zero. Arthur probably won't be included, mainly because almost all of his moves would be ranged. I could see Red Aremer/Firebrand though...

I'd love to see Amaterasu from Okami or Gean from Godhand. Gean would be a GREAT choice... he's already got lots of fighting moves they could use and his God Reel Supers would make great ranged and Super moves. Ammy would be a lot of fun as well, with her various weapons and brush strokes.

On the Marvel side, I'd like to see Molly/Bruiser/Princess Powerful from Runaways, but I doubt we'll get her. Squirrel Girl would be a fun counterpart to Deadpool though!

Anyonelse notice the VIEWTIFUL comment during one of the combos?

Guess we'll see Joe on the CAPCOM side soon.
Probably. He WAS in Tatsunoko Vs Capcom, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was in this as well.

J

Jiarn

You realize that you contradict yourself that we won't get Arthur because he'd mostly be ranged, but we'll probably have Megaman again.

You realize that you contradict yourself that we won't get Arthur because he'd mostly be ranged, but we'll probably have Megaman again.
That's actually a good point. Objection Withdrawn :D However, as much as I hope we DO get a Ghosts and Goblins character, we probably won't (or he'll just be a Helper character again like he was in Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes).

I never thought they would put Thor in for fear of him being too similar to the Hulk. I should have realized they wouldn't miss an opportunity to capitalize on the film. Awesome!

Apparently somebody leaked a list of the characters a while back, but we won't be able to confirm it for quite some time. Here's the leaked list... I'll bold the ones already confirmed.

Marvel:
- Spider-Man (He's in a background)
- Hulk
- Wolverine
- Mr Fantastic
- Captain America
- Iron Man
- War Machine (Supposed to be an Iron Man alternate Costume)
- Elektra
- Thor
- X-23
- Magneto
- Dr Doom
- Shuma-Gorath
- Emma Frost
- Deadpool
- Super Skrull
- Taskmaster
- Juggernaut
- She-Hulk

Capcom:
- Ryu
- Mike Haggar
- Frank West
- Chuck (alternate Frank West costume, not own character)
- Spencer (Bionic Commando)
- Dante
- Chris
- Morrigan
- Arthur
- Amaterasu
- Albert Wesker (I'm gonna bet this is going to be an alternate costume for Chris)
- Zero
- Chun-li
- Viewtiful Joe
- Trish
- Tron Bonne
- Hsien-Ko
- Akuma
- Felicia

J

Jiarn

Personally I really dislike non-humanoid characters in balanced fighting games. They always seem massively out of place, with bad hit boxes and usually worthless abilities/combos. Here's hoping he's more of a gimick character ala Kobun than any real use in game.

Hmmm. I don't like some of those Marvel choices, and I feel they left out some better characters. We'll see if that list is true.

O

Overflight

Emma Frost has been disproved by the devs and I think Tron Bonne being in the background (and I mean ACTUALLY there, not like Spidey who's in a balloon) is indicative that she may NOT show up.

Getting a little worried about these rumors of Mega Man not being in the game. That's just dumb.

Also, from what I heard one of the devs is fighting tooth and nail to get Dr. Strange in there.

Emma Frost has been disproved by the devs and I think Tron Bonne being in the background (and I mean ACTUALLY there, not like Spidey who's in a balloon) is indicative that she may NOT show up.

Getting a little worried about these rumors of Mega Man not being in the game. That's just dumb.

Also, from what I heard one of the devs is fighting tooth and nail to get Dr. Strange in there.
I agree no Megaman is dumb, but I'm willing to bet he will be added in future DLC or "Super Marvel vs. Capcom 3" that gets released in a year...

Man, I am chomping at the bit to play me some Thor. Also Amaterasu's ultimate is horrifying. A full-screen attack? She's got ridiculous range, too.

Super Skrull looks interesting, and I think they've powered up Doom some, too. The video I saw of him seemed to have a lot more moves than he did in MvC2.

Yeah, it's looking like Ammy is going to be the cheapest character ever... but I can live with that, as she's a god (and because Thor gets a full screen super as well).

I find it funny that Amaterasu's even in this, since combat is one of the least significant parts of Okami. I think I use the paintbrush in battle as much as Ammy's weapons.

J

Jiarn

Again, it's a gimmick character that won't see heavy play in the more serious circles. Especially after seeing that gameplay video of it.

Alot of characters in MvC2 had full screen supers that were terrible.

X-23? Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame, especially when there are dozens and dozens of awesome Marvel characters yet to grace a Capcom fighting game.

Again, it's a gimmick character that won't see heavy play in the more serious circles. Especially after seeing that gameplay video of it.

Alot of characters in MvC2 had full screen supers that were terrible.
Nobody cares about the serious circles, except the people in them. And considering the fact that the roster of the previous game was whittled down to like 4 "usable" characters by the serious circles, this is probably for the best. Besides, Ammy's ability to switch between 3 styles of combat (mirror-short, sword-mid, and beads-long) will give her great flexibility in the right hands.

Serious circles are for tourneys and the people it's never any fun to play against, honestly. The last "serious" player I played MvC2 against employed infinite loop combos with Chun Li and spent more time complaining about the game than anyone else could enjoying it. No thanks, I'll stick to casual enjoyment with friends.

More to the point, though, it's nice to see characters like Iron Man and Doctor Doom get what looks to be a more fleshed-out array of moves. I like Iron Man in MvC2 but he felt pretty flat compared to characters like Tron Bonne or others made new for MvC2.

J

Jiarn

Well I guess I'm not entitled to my opinion on the subject as much as everyonelse?

I didn't say it wasn't going to be fun for other people to play with or against. I was making a comment based on my experience and the style I play.

As for how many were useable in (as you put it) serious circles? It was about 9-11 but again I can't fault you for not knowing that.

I wasn't attempting to sound like I was down-talking or being arrogant. It was just an observation from my stand point, I apologize if that upset or offended anyone.

As for how many were useable in (as you put it) serious circles? It was about 9-11 but again I can't fault you for not knowing that.
This might just be my experience, but I have NEVER seen anyone not a use some combination of Storm, Cable, Magneto, and Sentinel in MvC2.

J

Jiarn

Cable, Sentinel, Storm, Magneto, Captain Commando, Iron Man, Cyclops, Psylocke, Spiral, Doom, Strider are the most played at the high end.

The reason you probably saw so much of those simplistic teams you mentioned was because they were the teams middle tier players could manage and destroy casual players with.

Youtube people like Sanford, Duc, Justin Wong, Ricky Ortiz, or Chunksta if you'd like more than my word on it.

Again I don't blame or hold it against you that you were unaware of this, and you're very right: The higher tier players are a MUCH smaller player base than the casual player. If they get a kick out of gimmick characters, then there should be more.

Characters like Kobun, Dan, Sabertooth, Wolverine etc were fun to play sure. They just weren't my style.

JP Marvel 2 involves a lot more characters than US. One of my favorite teams was Omega Red/Juggernaut/Bulleta.

THC Bulleta and Juggernaut for ~90% of Sentinel's life.

J

Jiarn

Ok I have to address this. I was neg repped saying: You're being defensive and arrogant.

Did it really come off like that? I genuinely apologized and tried to make it clear that it was simply a matter of opinion and play style. Again I'm sorry for whoever it was that I truly offended and seem to have rubbed the wrong way.

Thank you Allen for reminding me of that as well. Taking the high end players on the JP side, you add about 6 more Top Tier characters to my list.

I'm thinking I might only be defending Ammy because I love playing widget characters. For instance, I've always favored Dan Hibiki anytime I could get him, as he simply played so much differently than most of the other characters in Street Fighter. Then again, I'm told he's much more like a standard character in SF4 so that may change if I ever get a chance to play.

I don't want to worry about the tournament viability of each character, and I don't want every character to have similar stats, shape, style, etc. So, I like Amaterasu. I want a lot of variety from a game like this. I'm quite happy with the revealed characters so far (all of them!), and though I have concerns about some of the rumored characters, I'm pleased with the direction this game is taking.

So lets make some predictions for the future... how about everybody names a character for each side they think could be included in MvC3.
Let's leave out Viewtiful Joe and Dormammu, since they've been all but confirmed at this point.

My pick for Marvel are: She-Hulk. Hulk may already be included, but the Marvel side is dangerously lacking in female characters. She's probably the most likely candidate for it.

My pick for Capcom are: Frank West/Chuck. It's true that he was already in Tatsunoko Vs Capcom, but Capcom needs a "fun" character to match Marvel's Deadpool and Frank fits the bill. Sure, canonically he might not be silly, but considering the absolutely crazy things you can do with him in Dead Rising, I think he works.

You know what would sell me? Have the Nextwave team as bonus unlockables. I'd put down money for it right now.

EDIT: Rocket Raccoon would also be acceptable.

On the Capcom side, I know it would make no damn sense, but how about Phoenix Wright, or Apollo Justice?

Last I heard Phoenix Wright was out due to an issue they had in Tats/Capcom, where his shouts (Objection, etc) were much shorter in Japanese than English, so balancing him was nearly impossible.

I'd like to see more Darkstalkers, myself. Talbain would be awesome, but leaning more to absurd/silly Hsien-Ko would be cool. I doubt they'd do it, but using the Hero from one of the Breath of Fire games would be awesome as hell. Mid-range, play similar to Hayato in MvC2, and have his Dragon forms as Supers. Marvel side I'd love for them to pull Cyclops in again, or go a new direction and bring in Beast. Hawkeye might be fun, too.

Marvel: Spiderman and Magneto seem like sure bets.

Capcom: Frank West is all but guaranteed in my mind

Who do I want to see?
Capcom: As I mentioned, I want to see Arthur from G&G and some version of Megaman and/or Zero. I would also like a few more Dalkstalkers.
Marvel: I want to see Dr. Strange. Bad.

Who do I really, really not want to see?
Capcom: No one, I'm pretty open to any character.
Marvel: Mr. Fantastic or Emma Frost, because I've always hated the characters. I think their powers would be lame in a fighting game, too. And, in the name of all that is holy, I don't even want to hear X-23 mentioned or have her show up. One of the stupidest characters of all time in my opinion.

Mr. Fantastic isn't going to be in because Dhalsim is probably in there.

Waiting for them to confirm Spiral.
From DS, I want to see Zabel because I hate Capcom's animators.

Status
Not open for further replies.