[Comics] Marvel to government: Mutants aren't human!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The idiocy is not the distinction between human and non human toys, the idiocy is that they are taxed at a different rate.

I suppose it's to protect our economically important doll industry from the evil machinations of third world labor. Who knows how many unemployed doll makers would be on the public dole if we let China have their way with our doll market!

Good thing the gov't is there to protect us.

The idiocy is not the distinction between human and non human toys, the idiocy is that they are taxed at a different rate.

I suppose it's to protect our economically important doll industry from the evil machinations of third world labor. Who knows how many unemployed doll makers would be on the public dole if we let China have their way with our doll market!

Good thing the gov't is there to protect us.
yea, that's just really strange. Still it's pretty clever move on the behalf of the Marvel reps. Of course that means Juggernaut is going to be more expensive than the X-men he fights against.

Why I couldn't work in the customs office. I'd probably allow it, but I'd be a stickler. No trying to sneak humans under this ploy.

Pretty sure the two are intertwined, seeing how the only reason the distinction exists is for the tax difference.

yea, that's just really strange. Still it's pretty clever move on the behalf of the Marvel reps. Of course that means Juggernaut is going to be more expensive than the X-men he fights against.
The podcast says pretty clearly that it's actually all marvel superheroes that are considered non-humans... i wonder how Hawkeye feels about that...

Status
Not open for further replies.