Export thread

Marvel Superhero Squad (AKA Marvel Babies!)

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

This is getting a cartoon on Cartoon Network. THE FUCKING SPIN OFF BRAND FOR CHILDREN UNDER 5 IS GETTING A CARTOON ON CARTOON NETWORK.

The fucking brand that is marketing Deadpool and The Punisher to children under 5.

Just... what the fuck man? I mean really... what the fuck...

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I have every set of those figures.... Maybe they mistook collectors for alot of 5yr old actually buying them for interest?

ElJuski

ElJuski

Muppet Babies but with Marvel heroes...hell yes.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

and I'm sure the kids who that show is aimed at will enjoy the show quite a bit

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Also... why is the Thing standing next to Dr. Doom in that line-up? At leasti think it's him... are they doing the whole "Ugly=Evil" thing still?

Alex B.

Also... why is the Thing standing next to Dr. Doom in that line-up? At leasti think it's him... are they doing the whole "Ugly=Evil" thing still?
That's Abomination, the Hulk villain.

Shannow

Shannow

I eagerly anticipate this.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Yeah, that actually looks pretty awesome.

I mean shit, Ms. Marvel and Modok? How can you go wrong?

Covar

Covar

I would bash this, but I watch Batman Brave and the Bold.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I would bash this, but I watch Batman Brave and the Bold.
That's completely different... Batman: The Brave and the Bold is a throwback to silver and golden age artwork and storylines. It actually follows the spirit and style of a different time.

The Superhero Squad is a fundamental change in the entire concepts of Marvel characters in order to appeal to small children... for instance:

- Since when have Wolverine, the Punisher, or Deadpool been child friendly characters?
- When has the Hulk been a friendly character? How often has he ever been on good terms with ANYONE, let alone worked with a team for a long period of time?
- This may just be me nitpicking... but where is Spiderman? He's usually the poster boy for Marvel and they most child friendly character they own. It's kinda surprising not to see him front and center.

ElJuski

ElJuski

wahh wahhh marketing to a different demographic

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

what I am saying is, is that let somebody else enjoy something for a while

ElJuski

ElJuski

HEY ITS ON CARTOON NETWORK RIGHT NOW GAIS

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

like seriously RIGHT NOW

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

haha "at ease squadies!"

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

holy crap, Villainville?

awesome!

figmentPez

figmentPez

If only it were going to be like the webcomic Year One.

My favorite comic:

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

It's on Cartoon Network. I'll probably check it out, just to see if I can stand it or not. My expectations are low however.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Okay, let me rephrase :p
How can I watch it when not living inside the Americas?
Your going to need to get it from a file sharing site then.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

it was pretty fun. I'm sure if I were aged 5-11, I would have loved it.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Why does Dr Doom have the Sword of Omens?

Thunder, Thunder, Thunder villians.... HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!