[Webcomic] Looking For Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone still read this one? I am so often completely frustrated by this comic. It never makes any continuing sense to me. What exactly is it trying to be? Sure it's clearly a comedy comic, but sometimes it flips to being VERY serious. Which is fine, except that when it goes comical it does so in a way that makes all the serious stuff seem... well stupid.
Take one of the current arcs. The group is chasing down a commander of the opposing army who has gotten his hands on a book that if destroyed will make every secret known to everyone (oooh. Classy plot there.). While in pursuit they come across a town where the children have been taken by the soldiers, quite likely as a distraction to the good guys. So they split up when Cale can't bring himself to let these kids suffer. They track down the kids and find out they are... were-squirrels.
So in the maybe... day head start they had, the soldiers kidnapped the kids, took them to the queen squirrel (who is a little squirrel with a crown on her head), made them were-squirrels, and got them situated in their own little organized cult.
Completely forgetting that the kids belong to the town, Cale and Richard are assisting the queen squirrel for whatever stupid reason there is to help her, by jumping into a giant intra-dimensional trash can to face giant raccoon creatures who are tormenting the squirrels.

THE... FUCK?

How high exactly does Sohmer get before he writes this shit? Does he even have a plan where he wants the series to go, or does he just take every day as a chance to be more ridiculous than the last? Heck. You know that game where you tell a story by taking turns telling part of it, and then when it's your turn you have to use whatever the last person said as a start, but you can take the story wherever you want? That's what Sohmer does by himself.
He's lucky to have an artist like Lar. Cause if he didn't he'd have absolutely shit to his name.

I tried reading it before, but whenever I did, it was way too Richard-heavy, who sucks. I know he's supposed to be funny ... he's not. He's boring.

Shomer just comes off so completely into himself from his comics that I had to drop them all from my routine.

Zappit

Staff member
This thread made me go back and check out Least I Could Do, as well.

I am not happy with you guys right now.

There's a reason why LICD was nothing in it's early days and had terrible viewcounts. LICD and LFG's popularity is 100% Lar. Simple as that.

I enjoy them both. I don't see the problem. Sure, there are no small amount of misses, but overall I find them both entertaining.
I also eat my pizza crusts. Different strokes, no doubt.

--Patrick

I used to read both daily, but both have fallen from my radar these days. Not that I have something against Sohmer, but you've got a point, both regarding the odd changes in tone, and the lack of any real progress. I have no idea where they're supposed to be going and I don't think the characters remember themselves, at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.