Looking for 16mm Green Jade dice

Status
Not open for further replies.

doomdragon6

Staff member
My girlfriend has recently started playing D&D with us, but she has to keep borrowing my roommate's dice.

I was wanting to get her some as a present, and she really likes green jade. So, I've been trying to find green jade dice.

All I've been able to find are 12mm (which are buttfucking tiny) and 14mm, but I really want to find some standard 16mm dice. I know they exist cuz I saw pictures of them on a collector's website.

So, I turn to you our there in internet land for help. Anyone know how to find these?

Failing this, I was thinking some pink dice, but I can't even find pink dice that she'd like.

Pic:

---------- Post added at 06:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 AM ----------

Okay, so immediately after posting this I was able to find some.

At $100.

.... Anyone able to find anything cheaper? :bush:

doomdragon6

Staff member
I found the page with the 45 GBP dice set, but it doesn't include a D20!

Actually, I'd be fine with finding a single green jade d20. The D20 would be like the "nice" present and I could get her some other kind of dice for the rest. But I can't find a single D20 to buy either.

C

Chibibar

Now of course if it need to be green jade (actual jade) it is not going to be cheap :( unless you have it custom made in China.
Wait.. getting real jade custome made for me in China is cheap?[/QUOTE]

oh yea. My mom got some cool jade stuff for my wife. I'm sure you can get dice made. :)[/QUOTE]

Can you, uh.. hook me up or sum'n? :p[/QUOTE]

Heh. It might be hard to tell my mom to pick up some custom dice much less trying to tell her that there are more than 6 sided. I am heading to China in October so I'll look around when I'm down there.

I'm somewhat confused. You're looking for dice made out of actual jade, not that are just jade colored? Aside from the cost, wouldn't you be worried about those chipping or getting damaged?

I have dice that are sky blue and frosted. They look like sugarfree candy.

The first handful of times I used them, the urge to pop them in my mouth was overwhelming.

doomdragon6

Staff member
I have dice that are sky blue and frosted. They look like sugarfree candy.

The first handful of times I used them, the urge to pop them in my mouth was overwhelming.
Yeah, I actually ordered (and am returning, cuz they are horribly cut) 12mm dice, and I keep wanting to eat them.

I'm somewhat confused. You're looking for dice made out of actual jade, not that are just jade colored? Aside from the cost, wouldn't you be worried about those chipping or getting damaged?
Not really-- we don't really roll all that hardcore. Plus it's just a nice little present.

doomdragon6

Staff member
And now I found a site with a full set for $42.70, which I'd be willing to pay.

BUT THEY'RE OUT OF STOCK. AGH.

C

Chibibar

you know doom. A-Kon is right around the corner and they have custom dice. If you don't find anything by that time, I'll have a look there and see what they have. (convention is June 4-6)

doomdragon6

Staff member
Thanks for the help all, but after talking to several manufacturers and sellers, it seems like getting a single D20 is highly unlikely.

HOWEVER, I managed to get my hands on some regular 14mm dice, and realize that they really aren't that small. (Whereas the 12mm look like candy), so I'm going to get a full 14mm set of the jade dice. It's affordable and still nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.