LOL Wut? (Funny, Pop-culture, Mash-ups and more)

figmentPez

Cosplay Czar
Staff member
This thread may need a little explaining. There are some odd costumes that just don't belong anywhere else. Cosplay of memes, celebrities, mash-ups and anything else that's funny. Some costumes I'll post here could conceivably be put in another category, but anything that makes me laugh or is heavily pop-culture may end up here.

Star Wars title crawl dress
I love this concept. The opening to "A New Hope" is just as iconic to movie history as any of the costumes or characters, and this dress represents it beautifully. I just noticed her purse says "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away..."

Westley Crusher
What can I say, I'm a sucker for a good (bad?) pun.

Conjunction Junction - School House Rock
Ah, nostalgia. This costume really made me smile when I saw it, and the song started playing in my head immediately.

The Warrior
Maybe it's because I'm a fan of Spoony and Linkara, but I like this costume a lot.

Big Bird and Cookie Monster - (played by Ydnarman)
I wish I knew more about the concept for this mobster version of Sesame Street.

Then there is this:

Stuffed Animal Monster
I have no idea what this is, but it is terrifying and awesome. Seeing this in person would be nightmare fuel.

BErt

Longstanding Member
I ran across an older picture we took, and didn't know where else to put this:

Yoshi Nook.JPG

We actually won a Wii in a Nintendo sponsored contest with this. My girlfriend did an awesome job making the costume from scratch. I still feel like an awful person for it though :/

HCGLNS

Grumpier than most.

The above image is a photoshop of the mask that I want to make for Hal-Con this year. Any advice on hows, and what to expect with such an unwielding item?

fade

Now with 14% more raisins
Staff member
I'm no cosplayer, but I'm guessing stove pipe from a hardware store, some tinsnips to cut it, and pop rivets.

PatrThom

Genuinely Curious
Yeah. Having that thing bobble around on your head while the inner points of the pop rivets attack your face doesn't sound like my idea of an evening of fun.

--Patrick