[Drawing] Little Sins Gallery Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SeraRelm

You like my liking, it's cool... don't be afraid...

I promise it won't hurt.

Experimenting with gimp.

Rising2.jpg

Trying to get the colours to look closer to what it is when you see it in person. Also, the picture I had was at an angle so I fixed that up. The only thing I can't seem to figure out is getting rid of the glare.

Let us compare.

Rising.jpg

To help eliminate glare, point your camera directly perpendicular to the canvas, but aim your lights from the edges (45° or higher).

--Patrick

Indirect lighting can also work well. Bunch the light off a wall or ceiling.

Also see if you can take the picture with real sunlight or an off camera flash. Fluorescent lights and incandescent lights often produce inaccurate colors, though you can buy special daylight bulbs.

If you have to use flourescents or incandescent lightbulbs for your shoot, place a plain piece of white paper next to the painting and make sure the picture includes the white paper. Then use photoshop or your favorite imageeditor to white balance the photo based on the white paper. It should get you most of the way there to correct colors, though not all the way.

A good "poor man's" way of imitating daylight is to combine both fluorescent and incandescent light sources. When I worked grading color for Kodak, we had special fixtures which were designed with this in mind.

--Patrick

As I mentioned in the Random crap thread, I was feeling down.

So I drew character from Hetalia.

Hetalia: A manga/anime where countries are represented by people (usually pretty boys) and historical events represented through absurdest sketches. There is stereotyping abound but it's hard to get mad about it as everyone gets what is coming to them.

With that said, here, have some drawings.

russia.jpg

Russia is my favorite character of the show. He's ap retty face, always smiling and looking rather pleasant...but he does bring the crazy when given a chance to do anything. Was sorta pleased how this came out. I tried to do it in my own style and the result is okay.

america.jpg

America. Boisterous, bossy, energetic and a bit unrealistic in his expectations. He's a fun character to follow..nto so fun to draw. I'll need to practice him more cuz I'm not happy with this at all.

swedenfinland.jpg

My husband wanted me to draw the stoic, quiet yet intimidating Sweden...I wanted to draw Finland. The two are often seen together in the show so I did this. I put Finland in his Santa suit because there was just going to be way to much blue in the picture other wise. I'm pleased with how this came out...although I now fear what North_Ranger is gong to say.

So, any one watch this show? Any character suggestions? I was thinking I might do England next.

Of course you go for the beefcake rather than the cheesecake first. ;D

I do so enjoy Byelorus' psychoticness, and Russia's yandere tendencies are ALWAYS hilarious

rbu.jpg

Heeeey Officer_Charon. Vodka put me in this mood last night. My Russia is getting better, my Belarus is okay...my Ukraine could use some work.

If I may toot my own horn, I like how this came out.

Guys. I'm so sorry. I know none of you care but....

I'm still fan girling Hetalia and I'm playing Persona 4: The Golden and my brain started going places in its rare off time.

So Persontalia happened....Hetsona. Whatever.

I should be painting...instead I'm fan arting like I'm in high school.

Oh well. I'll do what I feel inspired to do, in the end.

france01.jpg
francepersona.jpg

First time drawing France. I decided his Persona needed be 'pretty' yet kinda...off as well.

americapers.jpg

My America is improving, I believe. I'm extremely happy with his Persona. I have some changes to make but whatever.

canadapers.jpg

First time drawing Canada. Fucked up the eyes something bad. Persona needs a lot of work but I have an idea....

russiapers.jpg

I can't tell if my Russia is getting worst or better. Also, some what pleased with his Persona as it looks like how I pictured it in my head.

englandpers.jpg

First time drawing England. Meh. Though his Persona came out like I saw it in my head as well except I want more details on his jacket.

Thanks for putting up with me.

Lately I've preacticing just drawing without laying down pencils first. Going stright to ink.

IMG_0055.JPG

This was my first attempt based on a photo of a ships sails and mast.

IMG_0057.JPG

This is my latest attempt.

IMG_0056.JPG

I still like to doodle though. Tried to so an Elizabeth from Bioshock and a few more Russia's, since he's fun to draw, I guess?

russ01.jpg

He really is fun to draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.