Kags' Cosplay Thread

I know real original thread title - I'll try to come up with something better later. Well, if I can edit it later...which I think I can.

Anyway, I just wanted to start a cosplay thread to try and contribute something fun to the forums. My plans are to post my progress pictures/cosvlogs or just general cosplay chat videos here. I'll also be posting random cosplay pictures that I find.

I'm sure con pictures will also make into this thread.

And really, I want it to be a somewhat open forum if you want to talk to a cosplayer in general. If you have cosplay questions, I'll do my best to find an answer or point you in the right direction.

So, there you go. I hope to keep pretty up to date on this and I'll do my best to keep up the entertainment level. Thanks guys!

Here, have some Lost Boys:

(found on http://www.pancakeremix.tumblr.com)

Directed at me?

Oh goodness. Umm, the one I remember the most was this guy started bowing down to me and I just panicked, like, 'Oh, geez, what are you doing?'. And then he said 'What will the mother of nature have me do?' I was dressed as Poison Ivy at the time. Yeah, I seriously had no response to that. I just laughed nervously and was all, 'Oh, I'm good thanks.'

But the most obnoxious one was when dressed as Appa, so many guys would walk by and 'Hey Appa, yip yip :unibrow:.' It was just...weird. :)

Sorry, I'll tag you so you know I answered. BananaHands.
You're a champ by the way.

BananaHands

Staff member
There's something weird with the world when Poison Ivy gets creeped on less than Appa, haha.

Thank you! You're the bee's knees.

Directed at me?

Oh goodness. Umm, the one I remember the most was this guy started bowing down to me and I just panicked, like, 'Oh, geez, what are you doing?'. And then he said 'What will the mother of nature have me do?' I was dressed as Poison Ivy at the time. Yeah, I seriously had no response to that. I just laughed nervously and was all, 'Oh, I'm good thanks.'

But the most obnoxious one was when dressed as Appa, so many guys would walk by and 'Hey Appa, YIF YIF :unibrow:.' It was just...weird. :)

Sorry, I'll tag you so you know I answered. BananaHands.
You're a champ by the way.
Fixed.

Well, you do make a good Ivy.

What costumes have involved the most fabrication in their creation?

Aww, thank you Null!

Fabrication as in props? My props are normally pretty easy to do...and that is my husbands' forte. For me, I try to push myself and my skills every year with costumes, so this batch I'm making now are quite difficult. I'm guessing in the long run it will be my 'secret-not-so-secret' costume. I'm making everything from scratch instead of buying pieces of it and Frankenstien-ing it together. And there are quite a few pieces to it.

But I can say that...next years' costumes (Yes, I totally plan that far ahead) will be much more difficult. Overall, I know Bayonetta will probably the most difficult thing I'll be making - and will involve some crazy techniques to create those guns from scratch.

Aww, thank you Null!

Fabrication as in props? My props are normally pretty easy to do...and that is my husbands' forte. For me, I try to push myself and my skills every year with costumes, so this batch I'm making now are quite difficult. I'm guessing in the long run it will be my 'secret-not-so-secret' costume. I'm making everything from scratch instead of buying pieces of it and Frankenstien-ing it together. And there are quite a few pieces to it.

But I can say that...next years' costumes (Yes, I totally plan that far ahead) will be much more difficult. Overall, I know Bayonetta will probably the most difficult thing I'll be making - and will involve some crazy techniques to create those guns from scratch.
Wow, I can't wait to see that.

figmentPez Maybe you're just being pre-emptive, but given your tag on Jay's post, it seems you think he was being creepy. I think he was just (jokingly) pointing out that Bayonetta is a sexualized character and that's what a lot of the marketing/hype around the game was... which is a long way from "Hey Kags, nice boobs, let's bang." I think your good intentions to stop creepiness can be a bit... overdefensive sometimes?

figmentPez

Staff member
figmentPez Maybe you're just being pre-emptive, but given your tag on Jay's post, it seems you think he was being creepy. I think he was just (jokingly) pointing out that Bayonetta is a sexualized character and that's what a lot of the marketing/hype around the game was... which is a long way from "Hey Kags, nice boobs, let's bang." I think your good intentions to stop creepiness can be a bit... overdefensive sometimes?
Jay has a history of creeping on Kags. I can't do anything about it in the main forum, but I can here.

Thank you Null! I hope I can do Bayonetta justice at least.

Jay, I really have no idea what you're sneaky ninja face implies. =^^= Granted, I don't think the guns will be the most difficult part - the seams on that body suit are just....GAH! Whoever designed her was just..insane. I'm definately not going to attempt to run around half-naked with her hair in demon form. Just, no. I'll be doing the bodysuit, which is risque enough, I think.

And for now, the only con I'm planning on is SDCC. That con is so big and I put so much money and effort in to it, I can't afford to go to others really. It also doesn't help that I live in the middle of nowhere in relation to conventions. There is a local con in Oct that I may pop in for a day, but really just Comic Con for me.

Is anyone here going to SDCC?

Also, thanks for the questions and at least showing a little interest in this thread guys! I was worried it would be a barren wasteland of just me posting. I appreciate it.

A Video Request!!!!

Questions :

1. When did you start cosplaying and how long have you been at this?
2. How do you approach your next project? What is the process you go through when choosing and making a new costume. What is it about a character or costume that inspires you to recreate it? How long does it typically take you to complete a new costume?
3. How are your pictures taken? Are they usually taken by your supportive significant other or by a professional photographer? Have you ever had a professional take your pictures? Has you ever allowed a cameko to snap pictures of you? Is your general shyness be an issue regarding this?
4. How do you prepare going to conventions? Do you bring a "Kaggie" Repair Kit?
5. What is your favourite moment while cosplaying?
6. I remember fantastic pictures of you being part of a group cosplay. How did you find that experience?
7. What has been the hardest costume for you to create/obtain so far?
8. Have you ever commissioned a costume for someone else? If so, what?
9. Favourite anime? Have you attempted to cosplay from this show?
10. And lastly, what is your 2012 convention schedule?

I think I'll be able to get to the video respone today, but until then, enjoy some more cosplay pictures.

The colors in this picture just really strike me as beautiful.

(http://www.scream4dolls.deviantart.com)

I can't believe someone cosplayed ottsel Daxter, it is awesome.

(http://www.angrylittlegnome.deviantart.com)

This is just so..amazing! I'm a huge fan of doing original costumes for well-known characters.

(http://www.xskirtzx.deviantart.com)

I'm not so sure what this is, but dat wig.

(http://www.flickr.com/superpocky)

Honestly, I don't know much about TF2, but the composition of this photo and the cosplays themselves are pretty great, I think.

(Found on failbook, so..finding a real source..Ha.)

And one more. A work in progress. So many pins!!