It's time to start the preparations!!! - Halloween is coming

ONLY 99 DAYS TILL HALLOWEEN!!! :D

... and I haven't even started preparations yet :aaahhh: :aaahhh:

Halloween is my favorite of holidays. Biggest day of the year for me. I always go all out (or in the past as far out as the ex wife would let me) and this year I'm going even further. So I'm thinking HUGE!! But I can't believe the date was trying to sneak up on me like this. Since I caught it though I'm going to start fleshing out my plans. But I'm never against considering input from people.

So let me have your wild and crazy ideas. All will be at least partly considered and I promise to keep people updated as I progress. Hell, if you find yourself in the Seattle area around the end of October I'm pretty sure I know where there's a halloween party you might be able to attend (why don't we have a wink smiley?)

I have been working on a Steampunk Outfit. I technically am planning on having it for the next Emerald City Comic Con next year but my real goal is to have most of it together by Halloween. I still have quite a lot that needs to be done. I have to buy some Victorian style slack/shirt/vest. I have to sew some brass buttons onto a coat I have. I need to get a leather holster as well as a over the shoulder bag. I am also looking for a derby hat. already have my gun/staff made and I bought a cool jacket (it just needs new buttons) and I have a cool pocket watch that I am going to add some paint to antique it. I already know what clacks and shirt I want but I have to save up around $40 for them. I also saw a nice holster and shoulder bag at an army surplus store but I once again have to save up for that. I am still trying to find a place that has a vest for a decent price.

With my new home, I was hoping to host a medium sized dressed up halloween party but I never threw one before... who's got hints? I need a pro here to make my party happenin' (i will post pictures when it's due time).

parties and decorations are my main drive when it comes to halloween. I should have clarified in the op. I'm not looking for costume ideas. I plan on hosting and decking out for a huge party. I've been trying to find some of my old pictures from years past of what I've done with my yard but it seems they are probably on a hard drive that's inaccessable at the moment.

North_Ranger

Staff member
Halloween's not really big in Finland yet, except in the student circles. And I'm a little short for ideas, too. What could a fat, blonde guy with glasses be?

Every Halloween I do the same thing. I put on my Manchester United replica shirt. My costume is "an athletic person."

A

Aisaku

North_Ranger said:
Halloween's not really big in Finland yet, except in the student circles. And I'm a little short for ideas, too. What could a fat, blonde guy with glasses be?
Seth Rogen? :tongue:

Hmm something that has a lot of cover like Totoro?

But seriously it's more about joining the fun than looking the part. Besides Halloween parties are usually dark so...

North_Ranger said:
Sailor Moon.

I was recently inspired to dress my daughter up as a troll doll. Her fro is rapidly becoming epic and should be even more so by Halloween. The boy will probably want to choose something for himself.

North_Ranger

Staff member
Aisaku said:
North_Ranger said:
Seth Rogen? :tongue:

Holy shit on a stick!! He looks like a slightly skinnier version of me! (Although I think I have better teeth...)

And he was born less than a year before me!!! :aaahhh:

Excuse me, I need to call Mom and ask her if I had an older brother she never told me about...

we are huge halloween fans at morty's house...we even skip big summer flings for an orlando vacation to halloween horror nights and not so scary halloween every year :) this year we are hitting the events later in the season to go down for the crazy nights leading up to halloween...its gonna be epic, even though the theme is kinda lacking this year :(

Because I haven't necro'd anything in a while.

And because.... HALLOWEEN IS COMING!!!! And at this stage I have nothing planned!!! *freak out* It's really sneaking up on me this year.

Although do to circumstances I probably won't have much ability to do much this year, I still want to try and stay in the proper spirit.

So, thread for all your upcoming Halloween plans, costumes, haunts, schemes, wild adventures with the undead.

Very little prep for me this year. Maybe get my daughter an outfit. Go trick or treating for like 30 minutes around my house. Wear an old outfit.

Next year... hopefully a party.

fade

Staff member
Last year, I prototyped some halloween electronics as I started to get my feet wet. This year, I know a lot more and I'm going all out.

My big goal has always been a talking, wearable Jack Skellington head. It's doable, but tricky. I can copy to some degree Adafruit's demon costume, but I don't want LED features. I want just plain old black LCD features that I can place up against a white plastic head. My real plan is to put it inside a pumpkin presliced and rigged with those little pull-string firecrackers so that I can hold it in a fake hand (for safety) and mimic the opening scene of the movie. Pull a string, and the pumpkin falls away with a series of pops, revealing the head, which I place on a "spine" just above my own head.

Halloween time means my Halforums-versary is here! It was the one thing that actually made me branch out of the cosplay thread (I had been lurking there for a year) and start posting regularly. It's been four years now...weird.

As for plans....my friends want to go to a haunted house this year, but not just any haunted house. They want to go to Asylum 49, which is a full contact haunt. I probably won't make it. I'm a pansy! You can be separated from your group and strapped to a table and left there! Just no.

And my friends and I are going to do Disney Villains for our costumes, so that should be fun.

(I'm only a little shamed in saying that we have the next 3 years planned out for our costumes...ahem..)

HALLOWEEEN!!!! :heart: