Export thread

It's Time! It's Time! IT'S EGGNOG TIME!

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Yes! It's that time of year again! You've waited for it with baited breath and hardened arteries. It's EGGNOG season!

Obligatory

https://www.halforums.com/threads/eggnogonomicon-milk-of-cthulhu.26841/

http://halforums.com/xenforo/threads/eggnog-2-ovo-lactic-boogaloo.24242/

http://halforums.com/xenforo/threads/eggnog.18882/

Get your motherfuckin nog on!

Gusto

Gusto

NYAWG

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

I tried this recently:

Added a little bit of sweetener and some creamer to it, and it was pretty close to real nog!

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I added chocolate syrup to my 'nog just the other week.

Gusto

Gusto

I added chocolate syrup to my 'nog just the other week.
How'd that go?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

It was unique, little too sweet. The chocolate did not blend well with the nog and resulted in swirls of suspended syrup.

Gusto

Gusto

It was unique, little too sweet. The chocolate did not blend well with the nog and resulted in swirls of suspended syrup.
Weird.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Aw man. I thought it was Vader time. :(

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I have come so close to buying a container of Southern Comfort Vanilla Spice 'nog for making french toast, but I can't. Whenever I do buy it for that reason I end up drinking it so it doesn't go to waste. Then I have to deal with the terrible feelings of guilt because that stuff is so full of evil.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Evil like a fox!

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

I didn't make the Good Eats nog last year. I must rectify that mistake this year.

Early and often. :)

Jay

Jay

Chocolate syrup? You hobo.

Get some Brandy or Bourbon and manplease the fuck up.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Chocolate syrup? You hobo.

Get some Brandy or Bourbon and manplease the fuck up.
Hey, it was breakfast!

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

They've sold eggnog here since november first.

Covar

Covar

I'm going to make some today. Made some thanksgiving with Captain Morgan Black. Absolutely wonderful.

If you're buying eggnog instead of making some Good Eats Eggnog, then shame on you.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I can't even look at egg nog without gagging.

Covar

Covar

Carton or homemade?

They are two different animals.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Stop embarrassing me in front of my friends!

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I got my Starbucks Eggnog latte, but haven't yet purchased or made any delicious nog to consume at home. I will remedy this when I do my grocery shopping on Monday.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Still have yet to properly try nog...

strawman

strawman

We're making eggnog ice cream tonight.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I have all the ingredients I need to make Alton Brown's eggnog recipe... except for the bourbon. Hmmm.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Alton Brown's recipe is almost like mine except I don't cook it, plus I use cognac and rum instead of bourbon.

Terrik

Terrik

Shanghai has got to have this damned drink somewhere

It's time to go on a hunt.

Covar

Covar

I have all the ingredients I need to make Alton Brown's eggnog recipe... except for the bourbon. Hmmm.
Use rum, it's a softer taste and comes out better anyway IMHO. Made some Thursday with a couple of shots of Captain Morgan Black :)

strawman

strawman

Well the easy eggnog ice cream is a bit disappointing. I'll have to try again with a more complex recipe.

Still, EGGNOG ICECREAM SHALL BECONSUMED TONIGHT.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

I am going to drink all sorts of egg-nog! And by all sorts I mean the one carton my dad buys because I'm the only one in my house who generally likes it!

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

dammit, sometimes i can't stand that liquor stores are closed on sundays here in texas....

Gared

Gared

I've already had my first carton, back before Thanksgiving... possibly before Halloween, it came out early this year. I will probably make some of Alton's this year again, and I have some bourbon that isn't as good as the Basil Hayden's I bought last year to use up, so I can have proper eggnog this year.

fade

fade

Blech. No thanks on a drink that smells and tastes like rotten milk soaked in gym socks.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Blech. No thanks on a drink that smells and tastes like rotten milk soaked in gym socks.
I thought you said you liked Starbucks!
:awesome:

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

First batch of the season here. The Good Eats uncooked version, made with Jim Beam. :thumbsup:

Gusto

Gusto

noog.

Gared

Gared

I would like to formally suggest that next year's eggnog thread be titled "Feel the Rhythm, Feel the Rhyme, Look out World, It's Eggnog Time!"

Hylian

Hylian

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Bought SoCo's regular version (I usually like their vanilla spice one) and hated it. It was like drinking sugary, thick, glop. So I bought Horizon organic low-fat eggnog for making a breakfast casserole on Christmas morning. Before any of you call me a blasphemer or turn up your nose over the "organic low-fat" component of this, it was actually pretty good. It has a milky consistency, not too sweet, and I could drink a glass without feeling like I had eggnog-flavored Elmer's glue in my mouth. I've heard Silk's soy version is pretty tasty, too.

figmentPez

figmentPez