Eggnogonomicon: Milk of Cthulhu

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep meaning to try rum with my nog. But it is difficult to give up the Wild Turkey (my Dad's fave nog spice,) or Jim Beam (mine.)

I was given a straw to drink my nog with the other week :(

Apparently my 4in beard was collecting too much eggnog.

Nog. Delicious treat.

Haven't yet started my rum'nog consumption for the season yet as I always force myself to wait until the middle of the month (Christmas season doesn't feel like it ever actually starts until then anyhow for me). Otherwise the cost of nog and rum is excessive.

But I salivate with expectations..

I'm intrigued by this 'brandy-nog' suggestion. Rum works fine, but brandy could be interesting.

Have not yet made the annual pitcher of Alton's nog, but it's on the list. Oh yes. It is definitely on the list.

I was over at a friends house last weekend. She was planning a holiday party, asked me to help her make a list of food and drink.

Me: Naturally, you have to have egg nog.

Her: Egg nog? Do people like that?

Me: Ummm... yes? People tend to love it. Even if it's without alcohol.

Her: You can put alcohol in it? What, like tequilla or something?

Me: :Leyla:

After several bad experiences with local dairies' attempts at Eggnog, I've switched to Silk Nog. It's not quite as thick as I'd like, but it has all of that lovely flavor. Still don't have any non-coconut rum in the house, or non-bourbon whiskey (and I'd hesitate to put anything that smoky in nog), or any brandy. Might add in some of the whipped cream vodka that we have...

If you see a fat man who's jolly and cute
Wearing a beard and a red flannel suit
And if he is chuckling and laughing away
While flying around in a miniature sleigh
With eight tiny reindeer to pull him along
Then - let's face it - Your eggnog's too strong!!

You're all invited to come to my bar. I serve egg nog with spiced rum, topped with whipped cream and cinnamon.

First drink is on me. After that, you have to pay for your own drinks, you cheap bastards.

You're all invited to come to my bar. I serve egg nog with spiced rum, topped with whipped cream and cinnamon.

First drink is on me. After that, you have to pay for your own drinks, you cheap bastards.
The really creepy thing... I could actually take you up on this. And actually may do so next week after papers have been submitted for school. Hmmm....

The really creepy thing... I could actually take you up on this. And actually may do so next week after papers have been submitted for school. Hmmm....
You, my Secret Santa, you will drink free. Let me know if you're going to come down. I'll even bring you a Christmas doom weasel.

Status
Not open for further replies.