It's that time again (WoW thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smurf it all!! I'm currently downloading and planning on playing WoW. I haven't played since May of last year. My longest dry spell yet but damn it!!! Here I am!! Someone help!!! Kick me in the nuts with a golf shoe or something!! :aaahhh:

G

Greendog

If WoW taught me anything, you need three others to join in with a summoning.

/joins in with the summoning.

I actually just put in my official notice of "leave of absense" from my current 25man raiding guildon Alliance if you can believe it. I just didn't want the scheduling pressure anymore.

The whole reason I started raiding back in Molten Core was I wanted to experience everything WoW had to offer "lorewise" and the only way to do that was 6hr 40man raids. In Burning Crusade, the only way to face off with Illidan was 6hr 25man raids. Now that Wrath is out, the only reason to be in 6hr 25man raids is to get gear with a slight color pallette swap from the 10man and with slightly better stats. I mean, everything is exactly the same these days between 10 and 25man. The weapon models are identical, the armor models are the same, and the bosses/strategies are step for step.

There was no real need for me to be raiding 24hrs a week for such little difference. So I actually went back to my Horde Shaman (Who was a Warlord before the honor patch) and found some old friends from over 3 years ago who still played. The new goal now is to hit lvl 80 (slowly, taking the time to enjoy all the Horde questlines I'd missed over the years of playing Alliance) and starting a "hardcore casual" 10man Achievement group.

What's the whole point of all that? That WoW can always be "new and fresh" for you if you just look at a different path than the one that initially led you away from it the first time around, or even fifth time. :slywink:

Oh and Chaz, love ya and all, but get the fuck out of the thread. :finger: :toocool:

Quitting WoW was a good decision on my part. There was a lot of guild drama near the end that had a hand in it, but I admit that I love all the resulting free time.

Wake me when Champions is here.

C

Chazwozel

Shawnacy said:
Quitting WoW was a good decision on my part. There was a lot of guild drama near the end that had a hand in it, but I admit that I love all the resulting free time.

Wake me when Champions is here.

What's Champions?

C

Chazwozel

I really wish the Matrix MMO took off. I love the irony of playing that game.

C

Chibibar

Chazwozel said:
I really wish the Matrix MMO took off. I love the irony of playing that game.
Yea.. I beta Matrix online and it was pretty cool. I actually like the different skill load out and different style of combat. The mission was pretty cool, but I guess the dev didn't think people wouldn't make "tank mages" type character. I remember kung-fu skill set + pistol was uber for low level. I remember kicking everyone's butt in missions and hardly ever die.

Necromancer: You can always try DDO:Unlimited which will be out next week (well it is out right now but it is paid version) but after next week it is free to play.

I just started back up.

I am playing Alliance of Kilrogg. Level 24 priest woot!

My Tauren Hunter is on Nathrezim but I am probably going to transfer him back to hyjal(where some of my friends are) or if anyone here plays horde on a pvp server maybe there.

Q

quandofloo

I just restarted my account and am playing with some friends on my first horde character that I have ever reached 30 with. I have several 80's that I raided with on alliance but I just don't want to be a part of that scene again. We will see how this goes.

I have to admit I am taking a break from the game right now. Probably won't log back in until the next patch is released. I have a few things I have been wanting to do, like practice my writing.

I've been hitting the WoW sauce pretty hard lately, what with being unemployed and all, but my new job starts monday, so I'll probably be tapering off soon.

I did get some good PVP gear.

T

TheBrew

Yeah, I will probably be laying off the WoW Sauce in September when I start my new job. Even now my raiding has gone down, though some of that is due to the fact that I have no interest in raiding Naxx anymore, so that means I don't raid one of the three raid nights my guild does.

R

Roxxoredizorz

I would like to play, but not pay. You pay 60 for the new game, and then have to spend another 15 a month just to play it? Something about that sounds wrong to me.

Roxxoredizorz said:
I would like to play, but not pay. You pay 60 for the new game, and then have to spend another 15 a month just to play it? Something about that sounds wrong to me.
How many games, would you say, you buy a month? 1? 2? 10? How long do these games often last? One day? A weekend? Maybe a week or two? Let's assume for this argument you purchase just two games a month with an average play experience of 48 total hours, like Overlord 2, and that you only play newer games. $60 + $60 = $120 just for that month, four days of total entertainment out of thirty. You are paying almost $1500 a year for those games.

WoW, due to the nature of it, does not have an end or a real limit other then the one you make. You can raid, PVP, Arena, or just treat it like a chatroom and socialize with your guild (Or troll trade chat), for hours depending on how much you wish to play, and for less then $200 a year. My wife pays $500 just on our low tier cable television service.

WoW is actually one of the cheapest forms of Entertainment out right now, giving you not days, not weeks, but years of entertainment for a monthly fee that is cheaper then most cell phone bills.

Really, you need to put it into perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.