Gryfter

Gryfter

So cool.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

61. This is haaaaaaaaaaard.

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

I must be missing something... when I click that link all I see is a google search screen.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I must be missing something... when I click that link all I see is a google search screen.
GoogleEasterEgg.JPG
GoogleEasterEgg2.JPG

GoogleEasterEgg2.JPG

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

Okay, that is pretty awesome (doesn't seem to work on my computer here at work... but awesome none the less)

Dei

Dei

"Hey that wasn't too ha.... OH GOD THEY ARE THERE WHEN I SCROLL DOWN NOOOOOO"

evilmike

evilmike

61. This is haaaaaaaaaaard.
The trick is to start producing Marine units right away. That way you can guard your infotanium generating search results for long enough until you can produce some heavier units. Also, don't skimp on air defense. If you don't have something set up beforehand, you'll get cut to ribbons when the V's start flying in.

Please note that these strategies may not pertain to this timeline.

LordRendar

LordRendar

SeraRelm

strawman

strawman

...even works on the iPad.

David

David

How do I construct additional pylons?

Jax

Jax

you need to mine more minerals

Also, I got to 70. My hand is pretty sore right about now..

ScytheRexx

ScytheRexx

you need to mine more minerals
We require more Vespene Gas.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

SPAWN MORE OVERLORDS

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

I finally got to see this at home... pretty funny. Gotta love Google :)

I got 82.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

kekekekekekekekekeke ^^

linglingface

linglingface

57 D:

evilmike

evilmike

Bubble181

Bubble181

Doesn't work here. I can see the special logof or Robert Moog's birthday, but I don't get any zerg rush when looking for it...I'll have to try from home.

evilmike

evilmike

To boldly search where no one has searched before...
google.jpg

It's interactive, but I haven't had a chance to experiment with it yet.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

To boldly search where no one has searched before...
View attachment 7946

It's interactive, but I haven't had a chance to experiment with it yet.
Haha! I found tribbles!

Dave

Dave

Where? All I get to do is go down to the planet, fuck wit the redshirt and then back to the bridge after killing the monster.

Hylian

Hylian

In the transport room there is a panel near the ceiling you can click on

Dave

Dave

Just coming back to say I found them!

strawman

strawman

Yay tribbles!

Overall it's a very simple interactive game though. Three locations and only a few actions per location...

Keep clicking Dave. You'll find them eventually.

linglingface

linglingface

How cute! I found tribbles, too! They kind of look like spaghetti and meatballs when they're all piled up... >.>

Bowielee

Bowielee

Kind of off topic, but is anyone else having trouble accessing Google from Firefox?

Ever since the last browser update, I haven't been able to access the Google site and ONLY the Google site. Everything else works fine. (yes, i have tried disabling add ons).

drifter

drifter

Firefox 15.0.1, no trouble here.

Bowielee

Bowielee

It's weird that it's just Firefox and ONLY Google. Tomorrow I may try uninstalling and reinstalling firefox.

jwhouk

jwhouk

No sound for the graphic when I use FF. Rather odd.

Really fun to play with, though.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Firefox fucks up every new version, which is unfortunately frequent.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Especially considering they have pumped out 12 new versions over the last 18 months. DEAR FIREFOX QUIT UPDATING SO FAST DAMMIT.

Bowielee

Bowielee

update just this morning. It's working just fine now.

evilmike

evilmike

Click the picture to enter Googleland​

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I had the pleasure of studying some of Windsor McCay's work in a Comics & Cartoons course a few years ago. I think he would have been pleased with this take on the work, especially that it plays with the medium.

strawman

strawman

Using Google voice web interface, you can send texts. I start typing and the usual counter below starts counting down from 160 characters so I know how much is left. I paste in a slightly longer message, and it changes to 2.117, meaning that it'll split it across two messages, and I have 117 left on the second message.

Cool, I think. I'll paste in a whole email.

It changes the counter to Really?

:rofl:

evilmike

evilmike

Sometimes the search results are subtle:
nagaram.jpg

figmentPez

figmentPez

The "I'm feeling lucky" button is pretty fun today.

evilmike

evilmike

Today would have been Douglas Adams 61st birthday.
douglas-adams-google-doodle-110313.jpg

strawman

strawman

They programmed quite a few entries into that guide.

Glad they cover vogon poetry, surprised that the towel entry was so far back.

evilmike

evilmike

Today, Google in the style of Saul Bass:

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Today, Google in the style of Saul Bass:
It's even better than that...

evilmike

evilmike

It's even better than that...
Actually, it's the same as that... click on the picture and it takes you to the Google homepage. :)

fade

fade

Saul Bass was amazing.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I knew he was good, but damn.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Dammit Google, all I wanted was to find the box art for Breakout on the Atari.

;)

evilmike

evilmike

Google has an annual contest, Doodle 4 Google, that invites K-12 students in the United States to use their artistic talents to create a Doodle for their home page:

More entries here.

strawman

strawman

They have a Doctor Who arcade game on google right now:

http://www.google.com/

Bubble181

Bubble181

Hey, it's another Belgian! Well, semi-Belgian Frenchie, anyway. Huzzah.

Covar

Covar

There's a Google Doodle today honoring the 107th birthday of RDML Grace Harper. If you are reading this you owe her a big thanks, she created the first compiler, COBAL, and is responsible for the "bugs" and "debugging" being used in the field of computers.

evilmike

evilmike

There's a Google Doodle today honoring the 107th birthday of RDML Grace Harper. If you are reading this you owe her a big thanks, she created the first compiler, COBAL, and is responsible for the "bugs" and "debugging" being used in the field of computers.
I'm proud to say that I actually had a conversation with Admiral Hopper. (Admittedly, I didn't add much to the conversation.) She told me about how she used to carry around a length of wire to show the less technically proficient officers how long a nanosecond was and that's why it took so long to get a signal to and from a satellite.

As for debugging, here's the picture of it from Wikipedia:

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

I'm proud to say that I actually had a conversation with Admiral Hopper. (Admittedly, I didn't add much to the conversation.) She told me about how she used to carry around a length of wire to show the less technically proficient officers how long a nanosecond was and that's why it took so long to get a signal to and from a satellite.

As for debugging, here's the picture of it from Wikipedia:
I am so happy she taped it into a book and labelled it.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I always wonder what it must have sounded like ... thousands of relays chattering open/closed. Before the valves took over, of course.

--Patrick

strawman

strawman

There's a video of a relay computer someone built as a hobby around the internet somewhere...

Shakey

Shakey

Sounds a lot like the old proof machine I had to listen to every day for almost 8 hours straight at work. I do not miss it.

Bowielee

Bowielee

In case anyone cares, here are the solutions to the Google crossword.
googlecrossword.jpg

I ended up putting that last highlighted letter in by going through the alphabet until I got a win message, but the rest I did with no cheating.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Yeah, it was pretty simple, but then again - I do crosswords regularly.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I spent about 12min before going to work filling it in, except for a couple words, then I hit the back arrow and got frustrated because I would've had to fill all the rest back in again.
Ah, well.

--Patrick

Bowielee

Bowielee

I spent about 12min before going to work filling it in, except for a couple words, then I hit the back arrow and got frustrated because I would've had to fill all the rest back in again.
Ah, well.

--Patrick
Unless you're totally blocking cookies, you wouldn't. It keeps your progress (I did the same thing).

PatrThom

PatrThom

Unless you're totally blocking cookies, you wouldn't. It keeps your progress (I did the same thing).
I have the browser set to discard cookies between sessions, so when I returned to the page it counted as "new tab."
Eh, I'll run through it again tonight. Kati's been on a crossword binge lately, so since I've been helping her out*, my brain is crossword-primed right now.

--Patrick
*"kibitzing"

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

Bubble181

Bubble181

April Fools is awesome huh?
It's only the 31st of March here, and this is the only time zone that counts, so clearly, this isn't an April's Fools.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

April Fools is awesome huh?
You can actually find pokemon on the Maps app, though. You just tap 'em and they're 'caught'. But yes, I assume the job offer, etc is April Fools

David

David

A few weeks old news but I only just found out about it. Google Drive significantly lowered their prices.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2107946/google-lowers-prices-on-drive-paid-storage-options.html
I would totally take 100GB of storage for 2 bucks a month.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

A few weeks old news but I only just found out about it. Google Drive significantly lowered their prices.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2107946/google-lowers-prices-on-drive-paid-storage-options.html
Link seems not to work. But, I wonder if this is because they've made Drive/Mail/Photos all take up your allocated space -I believe they were separate before; Google Drive had 5GB, Gmail its own limit, etc, but now they're all one package with 15GB. Since the average user is now more likely to hit a limit, especially with high quality photos, etc, it might make sense to have more palatable pricing for extra space. But, I'm just guessing at that.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Just a bit of advice, though. If you're using an older Mac, you may want to update your OS before taking advantage of it.

--Patrick

bhamv3

bhamv3

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/31/google-maps-pokemon_n_5064473.html

If you have a mobile device, log onto Google Maps and start scouring the globe for Pokemon.

evilmike

evilmike

Today's Google Doodle Pays Tribute to Godzilla Co-Creator Eiji Tsuburaya

The minigames are very slight, but the monsters and set details are fun.

Direct link.

Google's blog page

(via io9)

Covar

Covar

Now I want to go home and watch some Ultraman

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Now I want to go home and watch some Ultraman

PatrThom

PatrThom

Even now, I recognize that sound, the sound that said GET TO DAH TELEVISION NAO

--Patrick

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Today's water on Mars Doodle...

PatrThom

PatrThom

Today's water on Mars Doodle...
Oh!

Ok.

All this time I thought it was about catching yesterday's blood moon unawares.

--Patrick

strawman

strawman

Google has failed on regular words. I usually only get empty search pages when I"m looking at obscure part numbers and such, but this time google returned nothing for "numbers associated with breasts" (I needed a numeric pun to play off someone else's mention of melons on facebook - and no, I didn't use quotes).

I suspect it might return something if I turn off safesearch, but I'm not gonna do that for this minor of a question.

Still, even with safesearch on that doesn't seem like a reason to return nothing...

Anyway, I went with the tried and true "8008" since I couldn't find something better.

Oh well.

RIP google.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Google has failed on regular words. I usually only get empty search pages when I"m looking at obscure part numbers and such, but this time google returned nothing for "numbers associated with breasts" (I needed a numeric pun to play off someone else's mention of melons on facebook - and no, I didn't use quotes).

I suspect it might return something if I turn off safesearch, but I'm not gonna do that for this minor of a question.

Still, even with safesearch on that doesn't seem like a reason to return nothing...

Anyway, I went with the tried and true "8008" since I couldn't find something better.

Oh well.

RIP google.
When I search that I get lots of statistics on breast cancer

evilmike

evilmike

Celt Z

Celt Z

This gave me the warm fuzzies this morning.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Twenty years ago today, google.com went live.

And the universe was never the same.

evilmike

evilmike

image001.jpg