IRC Official Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Mike

Anybody in for a quick summary of how to get into this time wasting fun of IRC?

are you running firefox? you can install chatzilla, which is an irc client addon, which is rather nifty :)

choose irc.slashnet.org and join #pvponline

easy peasy!

theres also mibbit, which is a browser based client.

mIRC auto retries till it gets in, but I've seen that it took a few attempts to actually connect. So just keep trying I guess. There have been quite a few issues lately though.

I can't get in at work since mibbit no longer even shows slash and I can't get to Chatzilla here. Woe is me!

A

Aka-sha

oh-noes.. !!! you might have to actually WORK at work :shock:

theres a browser site you can use but you'll have to ask ame for the URL, i can never rember it

T

Twitch

I just got banned from the irc for flood. Not really sure I was flooding though.
Edit: nvm they fixed it
Edit2:But then I spoke again, probably just a server error I think it happened to Den

Quizmaster trivia! Yay! I used to rule at that back in the good old days I was still a regular in the IC chat..;ahh, that thing taught me all I know about speedtyping :-P

Yep, there's an IRC channel out there, and it's still running.

Someone need to get ravenpoe a pair of pajamas with feet in them though, ok?

ok.

-Adam

stienman said:
Yep, there's an IRC channel out there, and it's still running.

Someone need to get ravenpoe a pair of pajamas with feet in them though, ok?

ok.

-Adam

Why didn't I get that joke?

Am I not in the inside joke circle?? :Leyla:

AmorousEyes said:
DarkAudit said:
When chanserv starts banning your bot, it's a sign you're overreaching a bit. May want to dial it down a tad.
I thought it was quite funny though.
I haven't seen ChanServ 'physically' coming into channels in ages, so I feel kinda special now. :D
Soon, Skynet will take over ChanServ though.

<3
Wait, what happened? I've never seen ChanServ, why did it battle Skynet? :confused:

AmorousEyes said:
Denbrought said:
AmorousEyes said:
DarkAudit said:
When chanserv starts banning your bot, it's a sign you're overreaching a bit. May want to dial it down a tad.
I thought it was quite funny though.
I haven't seen ChanServ 'physically' coming into channels in ages, so I feel kinda special now. :D
Soon, Skynet will take over ChanServ though.

<3
Wait, what happened? I've never seen ChanServ, why did it battle Skynet? :confused:
It didn't happen in #pvponline but in one of the other channels it took over.
ChanServ quite literally joined the channel and kick/banned Skynet out.
Skynet was 'on a roll' though, it got me banned from a few of my OWN channels.
Whoah. Have you complained/apologized or were they just temp-bans?

AmorousEyes said:
Denbrought said:
AmorousEyes said:
Denbrought said:
It didn't happen in #pvponline but in one of the other channels it took over.
ChanServ quite literally joined the channel and kick/banned Skynet out.
Skynet was 'on a roll' though, it got me banned from a few of my OWN channels.
Whoah. Have you complained/apologized or were they just temp-bans?
It would've been permanent, but I got an automated Ban Protection script so even when I'm not actually in the channel as owner I can still remove my ban. So I banned Skynet, removed my ban and tinkered with Skynet some more so it SHOULDN'T happen again... Shouldn't... I swear this thing has a mind of its own though...
So... What did it exactly do to be deemed ban-worthy? I have a hard time grasping how you managed that :confused:

I came in at breakfast time to see the last of chanserv's bannings of SkyNet. Pointed and laughed, and continued on my way. :rcain:

Why is there a huge dude in a biker outfit and no discernible emotion asking me to come with him if I want to live?

Ame? You got anything to do with this?

S

Soliloquy

So... this Skynet...

Is it possible to have it move from channel to channel, and take over every chatroom?

Old shit is old.

Kickbans for even the slightest criticism of Skynet is petty and childish. It's junior high bullshit.

Your little power trip is way past boring now.

It's still boring, but I feel a little bit like a heel for ranting and raving when certain someones are going through true personal crises. Stuff far more important than what's going on in any IRC channel.

Ook. It's been a day now since the banning. Cooled down yet?

I apologise for that insensitive remark. And not to sound more insensitive than I already did. It's your pain and I don't know how long would it take for you to recover. I'm not prescribing solutions. But it would be nice to take a break from everything. Travel around Europe a bit?

Status
Not open for further replies.