[Question] In a New York State of Mind...

Status
Not open for further replies.
...to crowdsource my vacation.

The plan is to get out of town from June 14th to the 2oth and take the Amtrack Pennsylvanian from Pittsburgh to New York City. Hoping to get a room at the Comfort Inn a couple of blocks from Penn Stastion.

Other than that, it's all open. I've got no specific plans for anything else. I want to have lunch at the Oyster Bar and the Carnegie Deli. I'd like to see a taping of The Late Show and do the tours of NBC and Radio City Music Hall. The Dodgers are in town that week at Yankee Stadium.

Nothing is really off the table, although I'm not really up for a Broadway show. Been there done that, anyway.

I'm leaving my car in WV, so it's subway or taxi to get around.

It's not my first time to New York, but it's been over 15 years since I was there last.

So let me hear ya. What's going on up there I've got to see?

While Carnegie Deli is great, Katz's Deli on Houston st or the 2nd Avenue Deli are the *real* NYC deli experiences.

I'm assuming that I don't need to tell you about the hundreds of museums and Shakespeare in the Park.

If you can, do dim sum in Chinatown at either Jing Fong or the Golden Unicorn, or if you're feeling adventurous, go to Flushing and pick a dim sum place.

Sleep No More is highly recommended if you like experimental *experiential* theater with lots of running.

Be my guest. :)

My sister has insisted I add Tom's Restaurant to the list. The Hello Deli next to the Ed Sullivan Theater was a frequent stop when I was there last. Might as well go again.

Goodbye vacation, hello 20% pay cut. I don't even know if I even qualify for vacation now.

I had been setting aside about $100 per paycheck to help pay for it. Now that's gone before I even get it.

To top it off, going to NYC in the midst of such financial struggling seems like a horribly irresponsible thing to do.

Management response? He could just hire some kid at minimum wage. Or he could dock my pay because I wasn't working every second when the phone wasn't ringing or no traffic in the door. That it's MY fault my relief doesn't arrive until 20 seconds before their shift starts.

And they wonder why they have such a hard time keeping good people. Or even crap people.

Status
Not open for further replies.