I'm sick, so AMA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aw, but seriously you might not want to meet drunk Leigh. And I'd be drunk at this potluck, because, I mean, I'm me.

Or drunk Chad. Whatever I am. :D[DOUBLEPOST=1369858995][/DOUBLEPOST]Also I am pretty sure I owe you a letter.

Cajungal

Staff member
Aw, but seriously you might not want to meet drunk Leigh. And I'd be drunk at this potluck, because, I mean, I'm me.

Or drunk Chad. Whatever I am. :D[DOUBLEPOST=1369858995][/DOUBLEPOST]Also I am pretty sure I owe you a letter.
Other way 'round. I actually can't find the letters you sent me... the fella went on a cleaning tirade, and I'm afraid they might have been victims of that. Could you message me your address again?[DOUBLEPOST=1369859494][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, drunk or sobor, I wanna meet Leigh. :) I'll even make you black coffee and a bacon sandwich when you start feeling like crap.

I'm fairly certain I never posted on Halfpixel and I also don't remember you going off on me really ever! But then again it could have been in the haze of my first couple months here where I was much more of a bold-faced troll.

Cajungal

Staff member
I'm fairly certain I never posted on Halfpixel and I also don't remember you going off on me really ever! But then again it could have been in the haze of my first couple months here where I was much more of a bold-faced troll.
Yeah, it was then. I don't remember exactly what I said or how it started. I just remembered that, for the first time, I went and did the pissed-off-wall-of-text thing at someone. And you're right, it was Halforum.[DOUBLEPOST=1369862560][/DOUBLEPOST]
Also maybe it was Kissinger.
I think I aimed it at both of them. It's funny looking back on it, because it was so silly and futile.

What sort of things would you most like to teach your kids?

On a more serious note: I know that your charges are mostly younger, but after a call that I had the other day... have you ever noticed any of them acting far more grown up than they should be at their age? In other words, worrying about stuff that they shouldn't know about, or talking about subjects that cause you concern?

Cajungal

Staff member
Officer_Charon , I like to teach kids independence and risk-taking. We have games in which my Science groups are rewarded for trying things during a lab without asking permission first. There are parameters for games like that, of course, but I get really tired of all the hesitating. I like offering a safe space for them to take risks in.

The kids I teach are a bit more sheltered, but they talk about crushes and stuff at a young age. I get my 5th graders talking about stuff they see online as if they understand it. They're good at ruining memes, because they're still at the point where repeating things all day is funny. It surprises them when I know exactly what they're talking about.

Cajungal

Staff member
HI C-G.

Build your dream pizza. GO!
Easy!

Crust: homemade focaccia
Base: pesto
Cheeses: Mostly mozzarella with a bit of provolone
Toppings: mushrooms, garlic, a bit of grilled chicken, and spinach

However, I could also say a meaty Chicago-style deep-dish. I just love pizza. Pizzaaaaaa.....

Status
Not open for further replies.