[Question] I'm selling my iPhone

I did the delete content and settings and when I turn it on I get the "Hola" screen and it pre-selects the USA as my country. Is this sufficiently wiped to sell?

there used to be a restore to factory settings option. Is that different?

If someone buys my phone and puts their crap on it, is that partition overwritten?

"Restore to factory settings" is something you do when it is connected to your computer.
"Reset all settings" or "erase all content and settings" are things that you do from the phone.

If someone buys the phone and puts their crap on it, that partition will be reused, but the new filesystem will have no idea what is underneath, nor will it have the key to unscramble any of it even if it did.

--Patrick

Mmmmmaybe? He might just want to confirm its history, see if it's eligible for any recalls, or find out if it has been reported as stolen (there are databases).
Orrrr he might want the serial number so he can create a fraudulent service record for a phone he already has and just needs a known "good" serial to do so.

If you're worried, you can give the serial number but leave out the middle 4 digits. Just make sure to include the first 4 and the last 3-4. You can do dashes for the rest, like W802----D7H or something. If it's an 11-digit serial, you should only need to include the last 3. If it's a 12-digit, you should include the last 4. Those last digits would let the person confirm exactly what model/make/size phone it is, and the first few will say when/where it was manufactured.

--Patrick

He might want the IMEI/MEID so he can check to see if the phone has been blacklisted, but I wouldn't give it to him. Plenty of other people out there who will happily buy it without pumping you for data first.

--Patrick

I never provide serials/imeids/whatever when selling a phone. Too paranoid about people somehow ripping me off with the information.

Nothing to harm you, at least.
They'll have to correctly guess the missing numbers on the first try to do you any harm.
Like I said, though. You're pretty sure you're not a scammer, so if they are too paranoid there will be another buyer to take their place. iPhones are pretty popular.

--Patrick