I'm buying a console; Marvel vs Capcom 3 Announced!

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rubicon

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/04/17/rumor-marvel-vs-capcom-3-going-hd-on-360-ps3-in-late-2010-or/

\"Joystiq\" said:
This week's press-only Captivate event in Hawaii, held yearly by the Japanese publisher, is said to have showcased just such a sequel in Marvel vs Capcom 3 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, claims PlanetXbox360. At the same event, a sequel to Bionic Commando: Rearmed is alleged to have been announced, though no details were provided in the post.

According to the report, MvC3 will receive a retail release \"later this year or early 2011\" and will run in \"full 1080p.\" Allegedly, while the full character list is unknown, some have been confirmed. \"Wolverine, Spider-Man, The Hulk, Magneto, Storm, and a few others will be back; but the team behind MvC3 have said they will be blowing fans out of the water with the sheer number of characters this game includes,\" alleges PlanetXbox360.
So. Xbox or PS3? I love the MvsC series that much, I spent so many quarters on the first two in arcades and I owned both their ports on the Dreamcast.

GONNA TAKE YOU FOR A RIDE! DO DA DO GONNA TAKE YOU FOR A RIDE!

PS3. You'll get more bang for your buck, dude.

Honestly, I've never been a big fan of the Mvs.C series, so this gets a bit "meh" from me.

Oh man, I love MvC. Where else could I beat the shit out of Captain America with Iron Man and not worry about slipping into a coma?

Honestly it comes down to which has the exclusives you'd buy, I say. The major upside to the PS3 is it doubles as a BluRay player, too.

Go for the xbox, LIVE is a great service and you get a shit ton of awesome arcade games.
Sure, but it costs more. PS3 lets you play online for no extra charge. Still have to pay extra for other, new games off the network, but that's no surprise.

The PSN is just as good as Xbox live, connection speed wise, and is free.

The PS3 is just starting to hit it's stride.

Also, if you get XBox, you God damn well need to buy sticks. Fighters are at least playable on Dual Shocks (but sticks are still preferable) which is definitely not the case with the 360 pad.

R

Rubicon

Yea I'd get sticks, doing double supers was easier with a stick than a pad in MvsC2 as well as tagging in and out for combos, though I never played either on a modern console so aside from sticks or the DC controller.

Hmmm... Chris Redfield. My biggest question would be "is this going to be sprite based, or are they giving it the SF4 treatment?" I can't imagine the rosters would be that large if they are redoing the whole thing.

If it's SFIV graphics I'm still game. Picking and choosing weird teams just to see how characters mesh is half the fun, but seeing them beat the snot out of each other in those kinda graphics is just icing on the cake.

S

Soliloquy

Man, I remember renting a Dreamcast for my birthday just so I could play the second one.

The game's a button-mashing nightmare, but man is it ever fun.

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

Also, when did Capcom get the rights to the Marvel characters back? Didn't marvel sell it's [STRIKE]soul[/STRIKE] game development rights to EA a while back? Right before EA made that horrible fighting game?

O

Overflight

You KNOW they are going to add Deadpool to the cast. The question is whether they will get John Kassir to do the voice (a la Ultimate Alliance 1 & 2)

Edit: This game will FINALLY allow me the chance to have Deadpool beat up Wolverine. Glee!

You KNOW they are going to add Deadpool to the cast. The question is whether they will get John Kassir to do the voice (a la Ultimate Alliance 1 & 2)

Edit: This game will FINALLY allow me the chance to have Deadpool beat up Wolverine. Glee!
I'm sure most figured the same as you, but apparently he is in.

http://ca.kotaku.com/5534784/marvel-vs-capcom-3-four-new-challengers-enter

Deadpool, Felicia, Cap and Dante. In agreement with the article, though, hopefully we get a fairly comprehensive list at E3, I'm not looking forward to the slow leak like SSB.

R

Rubicon

I like how fighting as Deadpool you can break the 4th wall even while fighting, such as beating your opponent with your own health bar

Status
Not open for further replies.