I'll read you a bedtime story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Normally I post stories first on my website, and then either paste the text or link into my LFTW story thread, but this time, something different:
I'll read you a story! What follows is The Cold Thing, the story that will be posted on my site Tuesday night, in audio. I'm not sure I'll do it again, but this was a fun experiment and maybe some people will like it.
Note: Horror story, not actually bedtime story; I was being silly with the title. Enjoy.

I've got a campfire just waiting to be lit in the backyard. I think I'm going to wait for a good snow, then relate the story to my kids.

:devil:

I read another one, the first story from the book:

I had a harder time with this one since it wasn't a straight-up horror story. I could tell when there was a big empty gap while audio editing after several false takes that it meant I'd smacked myself in the face to get it right at that point in the recording.

Anyway, enjoy.

B

BErt

Wow, just got a chance to listen to both of these. very creepy and cool.

I can see why you said you had an easier time with the first story. your voice lends itself to scarier stories (this is a good thing). I don't have speakers so I had to use headphones, which i think helped add a bit to it.

Well done!

Wow, just got a chance to listen to both of these. very creepy and cool.

I can see why you said you had an easier time with the first story. your voice lends itself to scarier stories (this is a good thing). I don't have speakers so I had to use headphones, which i think helped add a bit to it.

Well done!
Thanks! And yeah, they're definitely easier to listen to with headphones since my microphone isn't too great.

I appreciate the voice comment too. I'll probably have an easier time when I get around to "A Night Without Souls".

Status
Not open for further replies.