I'll Find a Beatles song YOU Like

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fond of early 90's era grunge. Bands like Pearl Jam and Alice in Chains are my favorites.

WHAT BEATLES SONG WOULD I LIKE BEST?
Well that's a bit broad, isn't it... "grunge". I know that one of grunge's deities, Kurt Cobain, was a HUGE Beatles fan, like, at almost my level. He wrote "About a Girl" after listening non-stop to Beatles, so you'll see a lot of Beatles in THAT grunge song, as well as some others of Nirvana.

Now.. the other way around... tough. Especially since, again, I've never felt grunge deviated too much from rock. I think maybe Paperback Writer (embed to follow) might fit the ticket a bit, dominating guitar throughout, a more dirty rock sound and not too studio-y... but still with the beatles' harmony singing, so not quite... I think you're also gonna need more than one try from me, but I'm looking forward to you specifiying or narrowing down a bit more what you're looking for to call it "grunge-y".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pwap79uy1G8

This thread got me YouTubing a bunch of Beatles songs and I never realized how many songs I had heard in my life that were the Beatles that I didn't realize were the Beatles... their music is fucking everywhere.

I really didn't like the Beatles till I saw Across The Universe but I quite like them now.

So Calleja I have a quest, if I was to purchase one Beatles album, what album should that be? Abbey Road?

W

wana10

So Calleja I have a quest, if I was to purchase one Beatles album, what album should that be? Abbey Road?
sgt pepper

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

Well that's a bit broad, isn't it... \"grunge\". I know that one of grunge's deities, Kurt Cobain, was a HUGE Beatles fan, like, at almost my level. He wrote \"About a Girl\" after listening non-stop to Beatles, so you'll see a lot of Beatles in THAT grunge song, as well as some others of Nirvana.

Now.. the other way around... tough. Especially since, again, I've never felt grunge deviated too much from rock. I think maybe Paperback Writer (embed to follow) might fit the ticket a bit, dominating guitar throughout, a more dirty rock sound and not too studio-y... but still with the beatles' harmony singing, so not quite... I think you're also gonna need more than one try from me, but I'm looking forward to you specifiying or narrowing down a bit more what you're looking for to call it \"grunge-y\".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pwap79uy1G8
how 'bout the dana fuchs cover of helter skelter?

Nah, if the thread was about covers I could have just linked a live performance of a Beatles song by Nirvana

---------- Post added at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 AM ----------

Oh, and those few requests I think I scanned by... I'll get to you tomorrow, I'm a bit indisposed right now.

@hobonija: Probably either the white album for classics, or the Sgt. Pepper's album for fun! Those are my two favorites.

My ex gave me a box set of all their music (even the stuff in german) for xmas one year. I am always finding TONS of new favorites to listen to :D

M

meyoumeyou

It would have been a lie, but I started to say Jay-z just for a slow pitch of sorts.

I have a tough one for you. I like this small band from the 60s. They are called the, hmm, can't quite remember the name. Oh yeah, the Beatles! Give it a go!

Cajungal

Staff member
Heyyyyy, Fernando! I'm learning "When I'm 64" and "Honey Pie (NOT Wild Honey Pie)" on the uke. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.