I will answer every question asked of me in this thread honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necronic

Staff member
Right on. Good man. I like how the first and second answer correspond. I'm gonna throw some harder ones in a bit. I know I keep pausing to tell you that, but all the questions so far have been slowballs, so I don't want to ramp up to Nolan Ryan style and get in trouble for it.

So, ready for 4th gear?

S

Steven Soderburgin

Yo, dawg, you need me to vacate the apartment tonight or what?

S

Steven Soderburgin

Chippy, I'll be bros with you if CDS can't commit the time or the energy.

Uno mas

Have you ever intentionally injured an animal?
I kill a lot of small insects and stuff, but I don't think I've ever hurt an animal on purpose. Maybe like swatting a dog in training, but nothing approaching abuse. If humans count as animals, I have hit someone in anger before, but I don't think it really qualifies as "injuring" them.

Nah, humans don't count.

Do you have any bigotries or prejudices against one group or another.
I would like to say no, but I'm not going to lie - I bristle very hard if someone talks about reading Twilight unironically. I don't outright hate all Twilight fans, I just tend to automatically assume things when I hear that. I am the same way also with religious people sometimes. I mean, I'm working on it. I feel bad being "that atheist" that thinks he's better/smarter than all the sheeple sometimes. I know it's a really shitty attitude to have, but those thoughts still pop up when I get into political arguments or hear news stories about "the religious right". Also, this is kind of horribly ironic, but I really don't think I could be friends with or tolerate being around a racist person much.

have you ever taken a meyer-briggs test? (if not, you can take one here)
what did it say about you/what was your type?
do you agree with that?

have you ever taken a meyer-briggs test? (if not, you can take one here)
what did it say about you/what was your type?
do you agree with that?
I took it back in freshman year of college, and I can't remember what my results were. The only thing I remember for sure was that I was introverted. That was definitely true starting out in college.

I am a little wary of such tests since I feel like my answers could be wildly different depending on my mood. I'll possibly go take one tomorrow during the day, I'm feeling super tired and just wanna zone out and watch football and go to sleep.

S

Steven Soderburgin

What are your top 10 movies of the year?

Of the decade?

Actually, never mind, I'm going to post some threads.

What are your top 10 movies of the year?

Of the decade?

Actually, never mind, I'm going to post some threads.

You never posted the top 10 movies of the year thread!

Here's 2009. GRANTED I have a lot I want to see and December is usually stacked with great movies. BUT here it is now, 1-10

A Serious Man
Inglourious Basterds
The Hurt Locker
Adventureland
In the Loop
The Informant!
The Brothers Bloom
Moon
Up
Observe and Report

Why so sRs?
Since that time, Basterds has creeped up to be a much closer #2, but I think the Coen Brothers' latest is still my favorite movie of the year. And I still have a lot of movies to watch from 2009.[/QUOTE]

Me too. A Serious Man is... it's just amazing. I need to see it a few more times to dig into it a little deeper. I appreciate so much about it, I actually think it's their best film since Fargo which I felt like it had a lot in common with. Is that weird that I related it to Fargo? Consider that my question for you. Do you find it odd that one would relate A Serious Man to Fargo?

Where did you hide the bodies?
If I had to hide bodies, I would probably (not surprisingly) do some combination of similar scenes in Breaking Bad and Dexter

Why so sRs?
Since that time, Basterds has creeped up to be a much closer #2, but I think the Coen Brothers' latest is still my favorite movie of the year. And I still have a lot of movies to watch from 2009.[/QUOTE]

Me too. A Serious Man is... it's just amazing. I need to see it a few more times to dig into it a little deeper. I appreciate so much about it, I actually think it's their best film since Fargo which I felt like it had a lot in common with. Is that weird that I related it to Fargo? Consider that my question for you. Do you find it odd that one would relate A Serious Man to Fargo?[/QUOTE]

It's not weird at all. They're both set in the north-ish/midwest. They're both in kind of small towns, and each kind of paint the same kind of bleak color palette(am I using that word right?). And also, obviously, both share a lot of Coen Bros trademarks.

Since that time, Basterds has creeped up to be a much closer #2, but I think the Coen Brothers' latest is still my favorite movie of the year. And I still have a lot of movies to watch from 2009.
Me too. A Serious Man is... it's just amazing. I need to see it a few more times to dig into it a little deeper. I appreciate so much about it, I actually think it's their best film since Fargo which I felt like it had a lot in common with. Is that weird that I related it to Fargo? Consider that my question for you. Do you find it odd that one would relate A Serious Man to Fargo?[/QUOTE]

It's not weird at all. They're both set in the north-ish/midwest. They're both in kind of small towns, and each kind of paint the same kind of bleak color palette(am I using that word right?). And also, obviously, both share a lot of Coen Bros trademarks.[/QUOTE]

I really appreciate the lack of huge stars in it as well. I love Clooney and the other regulars they use but it's much harder to disassociate the star from the character in those cases. With Fargo and ASM they chose less obvious people which I think makes it easier to immerse yourself in the movie.

ElJuski

Staff member
Here's the deal. Me and you on a hot night in Oklahoma in a small room with one TV with a built-in DVD and a mini-fridge ready for something crispy.

WHAT DO YOU BRING

WHAT DO YOU BRING

(I will accept swim trunks because since it is hot maybe we can like hit up a pool or some shit the next morning)

I really appreciate the lack of huge stars in it as well. I love Clooney and the other regulars they use but it's much harder to disassociate the star from the character in those cases. With Fargo and ASM they chose less obvious people which I think makes it easier to immerse yourself in the movie.
I don't mind big stars as long as they're not playing themselves. Serious Man wouldn't be any worse with someone like ... well, I'm really blanking on another person that would be good in the lead role. So maybe it wouldn't? who knows!

Here's the deal. Me and you on a hot night in Oklahoma in a small room with one TV with a built-in DVD and a mini-fridge ready for something crispy.

WHAT DO YOU BRING

WHAT DO YOU BRING

(I will accept swim trunks because since it is hot maybe we can like hit up a pool or some shit the next morning)
I have no clue what "ready for something crispy" means. But I think you're alluding to DVDs, so I'll say Ghostbusters.

Oh, I don't mind having big stars in movies in general but certain films work so much better without the baggage of a familiar face.

Status
Not open for further replies.