I may have agreed to do something... rather rash...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I have a buddy, a fellow cop, who is... a little off, shall we say? Great guy, but his grasp of reality can get somewhat tenuous. He's former Army EOD and Airborne, so he's already got some screws loose *chuckles*.

In any case... I think I've let him talk me into doing something... crazy.

This is the link to the specific event in question

And this is the course map.

Guys... I haven't done anything RESEMBLING this in years... I'ma have to work my ASS off to get ready for this... On the upside, the proceeds benefit the Wounded Warrior Project, which is something I can really get behind (That and Toys for Tots are my charities of choice, ATM).

This is my personal challenge to myself, a geas, if you will. If I have this as my end-goal, on top of going back to the military, I can guarantee that I will break myself getting back into shape for this.

This is my solemn vow before you, Halforums: I WILL complete this event.

*sidelong glance*

Anyone else feel like a run?

That's...seriously intimidating, but also really awesome.

I am no where near in enough shape to do that (even at my most fit, I probably wasn't), but if I start prepping now, I may be ready for the next one on the East Coast next year.

A mud run? FUCK YEAH! I'd love to do something like this in Canada land, I'm not in the best shape to win, but I'm in the right shape to try, hehehe. Good luck on the course boy-o!

Do it and don't ever look back is my advice to most things. Also KISS donated over 400k to wounded warrior found when I saw them.

I'm drunk bro. So I mean, don't put full stock into my words.

Damn man... I would love to do this! Too bad they don't tour Canada...

Good luck to you though Officer Charon... kick some ass for us and don't look back :)

D

Disconnected

my 'keg' and I will watch from a very distant side line

go team! hoo-aah and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.