Export thread

How does one find a analrapist?

Fun Size

Fun Size

So, I need to find someone to help me work through some issues, but I'll be damned if I know how to approach this. Do I see a therapist or analyst or something more clinical? Should I talk to a general practitioner first for a recommendation, or just hit the yellow pages?

Additional info: This is stemming from anger issues, the causes of which I have mostly identified but can't seem to improve. I don't for the life of me know what they will do for me other than give me someone to rant at who won't repeat what I say.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Interesting thread title.

--Patrick

Dave

Dave

Either that is the most amazingly funny typo or I don't quite get the joke.

In any event, you can easily Google therapists in your area and get people who specialize in such things. What I don't know is your insurance. Before settling on a therapist, contact your insurance person and ask them how much it pays and which of the therapists are in your network.

Also, ask the therapist up front how much they cost. I know that adding money issues onto anger management might not be the best thing.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Either that is the most amazingly funny typo or I don't quite get the joke.

Dave

Dave

Ah.

Jay

Jay

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

There's a good database / thing for searching online. I want to say it's something like "Psychology Now" or something like that that a friend linked me to. Maybe Psychology Today?

Dave

Dave

There's a good database / thing for searching online. I want to say it's something like "Psychology Now" or something like that that a friend linked me to. Maybe Psychology Today?
Or maybe click on the link in my first post. ;)

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

I thought that was a link to a google search!

Dave

Dave

I can see how you'd think that. I didn't word it very well, did I?

strawman

strawman

So, I need to find someone to help me work through some issues, but I'll be damned if I know how to approach this.
Therapy is the only way to overcome your inability to find a therapist.

Fun Size

Fun Size

Dammit! I knew it.

Espy

Espy

Psychology Today and Theravive are the predominant ones. My wife is a Family and Marriage Therapist and most of her clients come from searches through those sites.

ElJuski

ElJuski

>: I at people not getting Arrested Development jokes.

Dave

Dave

I have never watched that show. Sue me.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

To the thread title...

"Bend over and I'll show you."

That is the aggressive form of "That sounds like Nick's Prom Night."

ElJuski

ElJuski

I have never watched that show. Sue me.
I would, but I feel bad enough that you haven't been introduced to something so funny and delightful.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

To the thread title...

"Bend over and I'll show you."

That is the aggressive form of "That sounds like Nick's Prom Night."
That's an astute observation. :D