hot Topic: Obama to reverse "gag rule" on abortion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess no one knows the answer to my question off the top of their heads... I'll do some internet searching to see what I come up with

Hi there, I'll be your troll for today. Today's specials are:

1) Abortion is wrong. Murdering babies is wrong, and the people who do it should be drug out to the street and shot. It's just a way for sluts to fix their mistakes when they should have been more responsible. I can't believe our government allows genocide like this to go on. It should be made illegal immediately.

2) Abortion is a right in this country and should stay that way. Every time I hear those inbred redneck christians talk about how "immoral" it is, I want to puke. Or laugh. Women should have a right to choose what to do with their own bodies. If other people don't like it, no one is forcing them to do it. I always find it funny that people who are "pro-life" are the biggest hypocrites, since they don't give a shit about helping families raise the children after birth.

Please choose the option above that offends you most, and respond with as much vitriol as possible. If you need any help, I'll return periodically to incite things as best I can. Thanks!

C

Chronos[Ha-G]

A Troll said:
Hi there, I'll be your troll for today. Today's specials are:

1) Abortion is wrong. Murdering babies is wrong, and the people who do it should be drug out to the street and shot. It's just a way for sluts to fix their mistakes when they should have been more responsible. I can't believe our government allows genocide like this to go on. It should be made illegal immediately.

2) Abortion is a right in this country and should stay that way. Every time I hear those inbred redneck christians talk about how "immoral" it is, I want to puke. Or laugh. Women should have a right to choose what to do with their own bodies. If other people don't like it, no one is forcing them to do it. I always find it funny that people who are "pro-life" are the biggest hypocrites, since they don't give a shit about helping families raise the children after birth.

Please choose the option above that offends you most, and respond with as much vitriol as possible. If you need any help, I'll return periodically to incite things as best I can. Thanks!
What if you're apathetic about the whole issue and don't really have an opinion on the subject?

...oh, right. Don't bother posting.

Chronos[Ha-G said:
]What if you're apathetic about the whole issue and don't really have an opinion on the subject?

...oh, right. Don't bother posting.
No no, you can post. I just can't troll you on this subject. You have to help me help you, people.

Charlie Dont Surf said:
HoboNinja said:
your so called freedom of "choice" and I should not have to have my money soiled with the blood of children.
What? I am trying to fucking compromise here folks. Sure ideally to me abortion would be illegal but I am willing to come to some sort of middle ground. Keep it legal but don't spend any of the money I have contributed through taxes to fund the organizations that perform them.

HoboNinja said:
Keep it legal but don't spend any of the money I have contributed through taxes to fund the organizations that perform them.
You don't get to choose how your taxes are spent. That's not how it works, nor should it. You pay them, or you don't. If you don't, you don't get to consume government services.

HoboNinja said:
Charlie Dont Surf said:
HoboNinja said:
your so called freedom of "choice" and I should not have to have my money soiled with the blood of children.
What? I am trying to fucking compromise here folks. Sure ideally to me abortion would be illegal but I am willing to come to some sort of middle ground. Keep it legal but don't spend any of the money I have contributed through taxes to fund the organizations that perform them.
If you would have posted with a "I don't think taxpayer money should fund it", or even "I'm against it for these reasons..." I wouldn't have said anything. Instead, you come in here saying "I'm not funding these bastards!!!" and imply they are killing children. Don't expect to be taken seriously.

A Troll said:
HoboNinja said:
Keep it legal but don't spend any of the money I have contributed through taxes to fund the organizations that perform them.
You don't get to choose how your taxes are spent. That's not how it works, nor should it. You pay them, or you don't. If you don't, you don't get to consume government services.
Yes you do. You elect representatives that choose how to spend that money and they represent your views. It is how it works and it should be how it works.

Espy said:
A Troll said:
HoboNinja said:
Yes you do. You elect representatives that choose how to spend that money and they represent your views. It is how it works and it should be how it works.
Okay, yes. But I meant more along the lines of individuals who want to be able to say "Okay, I will allow my taxes to fund this and this, but not that, or that..."

M

makare

Espy said:
A Troll said:
HoboNinja said:
That is not the same as YOU personally choosing where your money goes. You vote on a person and sometimes your person gets in sometimes he doesn't. Beyond that you don't get a choice. So either hobo should work harder to get his candidate elected or he should accept that all those millions he pays in taxes are out of his control.

Z

zero

Calleja said:
wathc the video in the article.
Ok, I saw it, the pro-life people pictured on the video make no sense at all...

... but neither does the article! "Abortion is not murder therefore it shouldn't be criminalized"????? WTF????? To steal a car isn't murder either, and I hope it's still a crime in the USA!

M

makare

zero said:
Calleja said:

... but neither does the article! "Abortion is not murder therefore it shouldn't be criminalized"????? WTF????? To steal a car isn't murder either, and I hope it's still a crime in the USA!

What? The people who say abortion is a crime say it is the crime of murder. What other crime would it be.. lethal assault with a pointy thing?

zero said:
Calleja said:

Uh.. it shouldn't be criminalized as MURDER... y'know...cause it's not murder. Whether it's some other penalty is another question entirely.

J

JCM

zero said:
JCM said:
My opinion is the same when people talk about the Vatican deciding whether people should about- "let women themselves choose, enough with guys trying to control women's bodies.
I had precisely that opinion until a friend asked me "Well, and what if a woman pregnant with YOUR child wants to have an abortion?"
Mind you, then its simple, you have a say in it.

However, the Pope doesnt.

Z

zero

makare1 said:
What? The people who say abortion is a crime say it is the crime of murder. What other crime would it be.. lethal assault with a pointy thing?
Oh, no sir, on that you are not correct... For instance, in Brazil, abortion (with the few traditional exceptions, such as rape, incest, life-threatening pregnancy) IS a crime... But it is NOT murder (homicide, to be accurate). It is called... well, abortion (strictly speaking, "to cause abortion"... natural abortions are not criminalized, of course).

Calleja said:
Uh.. it shouldn't be criminalized as MURDER... y'know...cause it's not murder. Whether it's some other penalty is another question entirely.
Ah! Well, on that then the article and me can agree...

Chippy said:
HoboNinja said:
Charlie Dont Surf said:
HoboNinja said:
If you would have posted with a "I don't think taxpayer money should fund it", or even "I'm against it for these reasons..." I wouldn't have said anything. Instead, you come in here saying "I'm not funding these bastards!!!" and imply they are killing children. Don't expect to be taken seriously.
Well maybe I can't take anyone seriously that thinks it is alright to murder babies?

I honestly believe that abortion directly results in the murder of a child, some people do not. Different people have different views.

And obviously I don't mean just my personal tax money. Not everything is meant to be 100% literal. I don't want any tax funding for it because my taxes are part of the general pool of money that gets spread around to it. There is no reason that we should be funding a private business like that.

M

makare

zero said:
makare1 said:
Oh, no sir, on that you are not correct... For instance, in Brazil, abortion (with the few traditional exceptions, such as rape, incest, life-threatening pregnancy) IS a crime... But it is NOT murder (homicide, to be accurate). It is called... well, abortion.
Well I don't live in Brazil and abortion would fall under a category of murder called feticide but still murder. If abortion was a crime it would be an intentional homicide which would be murder.

I highly doubt that the people who want to criminalize abortion, because they think it is murder, would be happy with a statue outlining abortion as a crime punishable with a lesser sentence.

HoboNinja said:
I honestly believe that abortion directly results in the murder of a child, some people do not. Different people have different views. Mine happens to be completely wrong.
FTFY

A Troll said:
HoboNinja said:
I honestly believe that abortion directly results in the murder of a child, some people do not. Different people have different views. Mine happens to be completely wrong.
FTFY
*pats A Troll on the back*

Good work you are actually getting better at trolling. Here's a scooby snack.

*throws A Troll a scooby snack*

M

makare

HoboNinja said:
A Troll said:
HoboNinja said:
FTFY

He may be a troll but he is surprisingly astute.

HoboNinja said:
A Troll said:
HoboNinja said:
FTFY

Damn! So close!

HoboNinja said:
I honestly believe that abortion directly results in the murder of a child, some people do not. Different people have different views.

And obviously I don't mean just my personal tax money. Not everything is meant to be 100% literal. I don't want any tax funding for it because my taxes are part of the general pool of money that gets spread around to it. There is no reason that we should be funding a private business like that.
What they're saying, Hobo, is that you can't expect people to think you're trying to be civil when you come in raving about "baby blood". You don't agree with abortion, fine, no need to be an alarmist about it, it makes the tone of the conversation UNcivil.

Calleja said:
HoboNinja said:

What they're saying, Hobo, is that you can't expect people to think you're trying to be civil when you come in raving about "baby blood". You don't agree with abortion, fine, no need to be an alarmist about it, it makes the tone of the conversation UNcivil.
This.

HoboNinja said:
Well maybe I can't take anyone seriously that thinks it is alright to murder babies?
Maybe as others have said I can't take seriously anyone who comes to the argument with that kind of rhetoric.

Calleja said:
HoboNinja said:

The thing is, if that's what he believes it's what he believes. I mean, you can tell he has STRONG feelings on the matter. If he uses euphemisms or somehow censors his opinion, can he even accurately describe his thoughts? If he believes so strongly that abortion = murder, but just says something like "it's wrong," wouldn't that be giving a false impression to everyone else?

Like it or not, argue with it or don't, but I think he HAS to use phrases like that in this case to show his true passion for the argument.

(IMHO, obviously)

A Troll said:
If he uses euphemisms or somehow censors his opinion, can he even accurately describe his thoughts?
There's no need for either. One can word one's argument strongly but respectfully. Whether Hobo can, I haven't seen yet.

But I suppose there's no point, since he's already stated he has no respect for people who disagree with him. Why should I bother wasting my time debating with someone who automatically doesn't respect me because of my position on the debate?

ZenMonkey said:
A Troll said:
If he uses euphemisms or somehow censors his opinion, can he even accurately describe his thoughts?
There's no need for either. One can word one's argument strongly but respectfully. Whether Hobo can, I haven't seen yet.

But I suppose there's no point, since he's already stated he has no respect for people who disagree with him. Why should I bother wasting my time debating with someone who automatically doesn't respect me because of my position on the debate?
I was just back lashing at Chippy's post, he got my goat and I reacted immaturely. I try to hear the other side of the story as best I can without being biased. But one of the first things you learn in Speech class when doing a persuasive speech is that when people get their mind made up it is very hard to change.

I respect you Zen, honestly your posts here have made me view you as a very wise person but I could never agree with you on this issue I guess.

HoboNinja said:
ZenMonkey said:
A Troll said:

I was just back lashing at Chippy's post, he got my goat and I reacted immaturely. I try to hear the other side of the story as best I can without being biased.
Except you came in with the "bastard baby murderers" rhetoric before I even posted.

M

makare

Sigh guys come on. Rhetoric is supposed to be skillful use of language. You are killing the word.. you are making Cicero cry!

HoboNinja said:
I could never agree with you on this issue I guess.
And I don't have a problem with that, honestly, but it's nice when these topics can be discussed calmly, which I know this forum is capable of.

I've got many opinions on the subject through various branches of "what-if" scenarios, so it's hard for me to express a solid one-way stance. Generally what I've decided::

I disapprove of abortion strongly, except in cases of rape or endangerment to the mother. I don't, however, believe it should be flat-out illegal anywhere. Whether anyone likes it or not, I'm not foolish enough to believe whether it's illegal or not will have any effect on the fact that it is going to happen. Not unless there's a major shift in our entire system of society will that change. It will, however, have an effect on how the abortions are carried out. It can either be done in a sterile surgical room, or it can be done in a bathtub with a rusty coat hanger. The later pretty much guarantees all sorts of nasty health problems for the mother.

Our society should instead focus on preventing unwanted pregnancies to begin with. I've noticed that the US particularly has a problem with this; we demonize pre-marital sex and make teens feel too embarrassed to walk into a store and buy some condoms. I've seen many times they're behind a counter where you actually have to ask for them. Many school districts don't even teach one thing about safe sex or birth-control devices (mine didn't), and if anything is mentioned at all, it's abstinence-only education. Sorry, but that simply doesn't work for most people. Raging hormones and all that.

Espy said:
Wow. Sure stumped me! Now I don't know if i hate abortion or luv it!?! ;)
But really, thats a silly (and primarily an off topic) question. I have no issue with anyone thinking abortion is the bees knees. Great. Rock on. I assume they can also, like a mature adult view things from other people's perspectives and allow for civil disagreement on the issue.
But that's just asking a hypothetical question that avoids the actual issue in order to say, "people who disagree with me are stoopid!" Which doesn't really help anyone understand the others viewpoint.
I disagree with your statement, whatever it meant. You are stoopid.

zero said:
makare1 said:
Our system today is not the "common law" we have redone alot of the old laws in favor of the model penal code.
Oh snap! My prejudice, sorry... Feel free to ask about monkeys roaming our streets any time...
You mean the kids with soccer balls attached to their feet in hope that a scout notices their talent and hires them? :pthhp:

Pro-abortion. Yet not for the reasons that will obviously be assumed.

I'm glad to see Obama's first few days, the first few 100 are really going to spark major changes as promised *crosses fingers*.

Status
Not open for further replies.