Hold Still! (Girl Genius 9/21/09)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I hope that Gil and Tarvek end up being good friends again. There is obviously a lot of the Baron's influence involved in how they became enemies.

North_Ranger

Staff member
Wait, I don't get it... Did the Baron actually keep his son as a secret? I always figured that the people in Mechanicsburg(sp) and... that place where Agatha came from (with Prof. Beetle) already knew who Gilgamesh Wulfenbach was.

I have been wondering if Klaus destroyed Gil and Tarvek's friendship simply because Tarvek was trying to find out who Gil was or did Klaus destroy their friendship because he didn't trust Tarvek's family?

North_Ranger

Staff member
Simply because Baron Klaus Wulfenbach is a Magnificent Bastard with a not-so-healthy dose of the Spark and paranoia up the wazoo, I would say both, plus a baker's dozen of other reasons yet to be divulged. Perhaps something involving a giant brass badger...

I

Iaculus

As for me, I'm just wondering what Gil was really up to in Paris. Apart from constantly bailing out Zola, of course.

I

Iaculus

As for me, I'm just wondering what Gil was really up to in Paris. Apart from constantly bailing out Zola, of course.
Studying. Spying. "Relations" with the local gals.[/QUOTE]

Well, yes, but when a guy like Gil starts acting quite so out-of-character, there's generally a reason for it. He's just a little too clueless in certain matters to quite qualify as an experienced ex-debauchee. Likewise, he seemed to attract even more catastrophe than might face anyone acquainted with Europe's worst serial damsel in distress.

I'm sure that Gil's presence had little to do with the number of Sparks in Paris causing problems. It's just one of those natural hero abilities. Attract Coincidental Trouble. Sure things go BOOM when he's around. Cause if he wasn't things would just go SLUORP and half of Paris would be mind controlled by radio-active slugs right now.

I

Iaculus

I'm sure that Gil's presence had little to do with the number of Sparks in Paris causing problems. It's just one of those natural hero abilities. Attract Coincidental Trouble. Sure things go BOOM when he's around. Cause if he wasn't things would just go SLUORP and half of Paris would be mind controlled by radio-active slugs right now.
Who says it isn't? Someone managed to steal the Louvre, after all...

You know I have been wondering. Othar seemed to know about Gil from Paris. So does that mean he was there when Gil was or did he simply find out afterwords? If he was there when Gil was does that mean that Zola has already met Othar? I am wondering because up till now I have been thinking she would make the perfect spunky girl sidekick for Othar. But the thought now comes to mind that they may actually have met previously before and if so what happened between the two if anything? We know that Zola went towards any spark like a moth to the flame so if Othar was in Paris when Gil was than they more than likely would have met at least in passing. So I can't hep but wonder if there is some back story surrounding Zola and Othar? In any case she definitely seems perfect to be Othar's sidekick. She is drawn towards sparks (although that may have been part of some devious plan she cooked up with the knights of Jove) But assuming she is just naturally drawn towards sparks and dangerous sparks at that (not to mention she needs saving every 5 seconds) she seems like she would fit Othar perfectly. In fact they seem like they would go together so well that I have a hard time imaging that Othar and Zola didn't cross paths in Paris is some way at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.