HF Secret Santa 2013: THE SECRETEST SANTA

1[DOUBLEPOST=1387687221,1387687064][/DOUBLEPOST]BTW @Sparhawk, Did you ever get pictures of the actual cubes?
I tried, but I don't have the ability to do proper lighting on them, the photos just come out looking like white blobs. The silicone really does a great job, it gets all the little details into the cubes and allows release without breaking them off. I think my daughter made 3-4 batches of them yesterday alone.

A box arrived some time ago, I open it and WHAT DO I SEE?!?

DSC06265.JPG

I liked the first 2 books (so helpful!) and now I'm set for the next two years! YEY!

DSC06266.JPG

OH, what is this? A cute Carter's cozy blanket?!?

DSC06267.JPG

Leyla : "What is this daddy?"

DSC06268.JPG

Leyla : "It's soft! I like it!"

DSC06269.JPG

Leyla : "I really do like... zzzzz"

DSC06271.JPG

I also received a Marcus Aurelius book. I have to check that sometime. :)

Thanks Pomawee, aka Chad Sexington! Really thoughtful gifts, much obliged.

So I got my gift from @Jay like a week ago and just haven't had the time to post a picture:

Thanks Jay! I'm new to the whole Fire Emblem series but this will give my 3DS some play, plus anyone who has been watching me on Steam know that I've been on a JRPG kick lately. This is very timely! Thank you very much!

<snip for length -ed>
Leyla : "I really do like... zzzzz"

I also received a Marcus Aurelius book. I have to check that sometime. :)

Thanks Pomawee, aka Chad Sexington! Really thoughtful gifts, much obliged.
Fantastic! Aaaaah Leyla is so adorable. I love the picture of her sleeping. I thought the blanket was cute (and I like elephants, so..!) - I saw a few nice French-language Christmas bibs but they were all out of stock - boo!

I'm glad you liked the gifts! :) That Marcus Aurelius book is something I carry with me almost everywhere I go; it's advice has been useful at so many times, so I thought it would be a good choice to share.

Joyeux Noël!

Whoo, just got a package...! Photos will have to wait for a couple hours, I am on my way to some errands... Also not sure who this is... Will have to play a guessing game :D

Phooooootooooooooooo
I received what I shall call the "Avuncular Assistant Kit":
pile o books.jpg

This is awesome! I've been reading a lot with my niece, so obviously my SS was paying attention. I'm not sure who it is, to be honest: bird of prey made of soap? I'm confused by that hint. However, process of elimination makes me think it is @Tinwhistler.

If it's not, let me know :D But regardless, thank you so much to my Secret Santa; this will be so great for hanging out with Isabella!

@Terrik ? Is it you?!
@Bubble181 Makes sense, of course! I don't know why I had removed you from my list of suspects...[DOUBLEPOST=1388262581,1388262296][/DOUBLEPOST]I assumed it was an American Santa because of the latter part of this message... Communism was a red herring all along...
@Chad Sexington: your gift has been posted (bloody hell, shipping and handling were expensive this time around). However, estimated arrival is December 13th - December 27th, so I can't guarantee it'll be in time for Christmas. Sorry if it's a few days late. You fault for living far away from normal people, up in the snow.

BEER!
IMG_20131228_144848.jpg

IMG_20131228_145012.jpg

IMG_20131228_145103.jpg
IMG_20131228_145350.jpg
IMG_20131228_145405.jpg
IMG_20131228_145434.jpg

There were 3 of this next one. Pun award acordingly!
IMG_20131228_145522.jpg

IMG_20131228_145546.jpg
IMG_20131228_145636.jpg
IMG_20131228_145648.jpg
IMG_20131228_145706.jpg
IMG_20131228_145721.jpg
I'm sad to say @Terrik, that I wasn't able to figure out the clues, (although I did notice the surprising amount of asian beer), it wasn't until your last package arrived.

IMG_20131228_181351~2.jpg

I love it all! Thank you very much! Now if you excuse me I'm off to go get drunk and read me some Don Heck Avengers featuring Captain America, master of Judo.

Sorry I haven't posted photos until now,
IMG_20131219_101106~2.jpg

I'm sad to say @Terrik, that I wasn't able to figure out the clues, (although I did notice the surprising amount of asian beer), it wasn't until your last package arrived.

I love it all! Thank you very much! Now if you excuse me I'm off to go get drunk and read me some Don Heck Avengers featuring Captain America, master of Judo.

Sorry I haven't posted photos until now,
Glad you liked it!

Sure the clues weren't entirely clear--but the real "greatest detective" would have figured it out!

This is awesome! I've been reading a lot with my niece, so obviously my SS was paying attention.
this will be so great for hanging out with Isabella!
I considered including some sort of "this'll help you spend plenty of nights making a young woman very happy" joke but couldn't figure out a way to get the message there earlier than the gift :p

I considered including some sort of "this'll help you spend plenty of nights making a young woman very happy" joke but couldn't figure out a way to get the message there earlier than the gift :p
Should've just posted it as an anonymous message here :p

Thank you so much, again. These will be great for us! If I remember I'll try to get a photo with her reading one of them and post it up here.

(I seem to be having some difficulty getting images to display, not sure if the final version will work)
I have been lax and remiss, and for that I apologize. Time is not kind to me at the moment*1. However...

...I did receive this in the mail a while back (12/4).
001.JPG
Dealing with work/family/trip/no camera/etc meant that it had to remain unopened until 12/11 when I was making another trip*2 and could get my camera, so I brought it with me.

Trip and tasks done, time to get busy:
002.JPG
A few tense moments of hack-'n'-slash (no Band-Aids required!), aaand...the contents are revealed:
003.JPG
And then, the reveal.
004.JPG

I don't know who will have more fun. Me, or Cary.
Props to Amazon for including a full belt of ammo with it, though.
Oh hey, what's this nestled below?
005.JPG

Yes the veins in my hands are popping. What do you expect after loading up the car?
It's a...
006.JPG

Hmm...I have considered trying my hand at learning lock picking, I wonder if this'll train the relevant skills (besides patience, I mean)?
(FWIW I haven't solved either of these yet, but I did mention that thing about spare time)
So there we have it:
007.JPG
That cannon should come with a troll face on it. I'm thinking about printing one out just so I can paste it right on the side.

--Patrick
Seriously, since I started typing this I've also had to go to the store for Kati 3 separate times for things for tonight's dinner, as well as help her shred cheese and the like, all while wrangling Cary so he'll stay out of the kitchen.
All my stuff is split between two houses about 150mi apart right now, I go and grab another carful every couple of weeks.

Last edited:
(I seem to be having some difficulty getting images to display, not sure if the final version will work)
I have been lax and remiss, and for that I apologize

Glad you like them :) I had your kiddo in mind when I got the airzooka, figuring you could have personal fun and daddy fun with the thing.

Those groove tubes are a real challenge. I got you two different difficulty levels. I think they make at least one more that's even harder. You have to visualize in your mind what you're feeling on the tube, so I bet they'll help with the lockpicking.

Props to Amazon for including a full belt of ammo with it, though.
:D Lol!

You have to visualize in your mind what you're feeling on the tube, so I bet they'll help with the lockpicking.
I haven't checked yet to see whether they are vulnerable to a simple right-hand rule attack. I imagine the orange one might be (it says "easy" on it), but dunno about the yellow.
I do wonder, however, as to whether their decision to use a snapshot of a portion of the yellow interior in their promo materials will weaken its challenge. ;)
tumblr_m3jnm510tT1qdwtelo1_400.png

SECRETS REVEALED!?

--Patrick

I spy with my little eye something beginning with P.

Present from LittleSin! A copy of Children of the White Wolf by our very own Zero Esc.

Thank you so much, LittleSin. I've been wanting a copy of this but hadn't purchased it yet.I can't wait to start it.

And the doomweasels thank you for the box.

(Pictures of doomweasels in box will follow)

I spy with my little eye something beginning with P.

Present from LittleSin! A copy of Children of the White Wolf by our very own Zero Esc.

Thank you so much, LittleSin. I've been wanting a copy of this but hadn't purchased it yet.I can't wait to start it.

And the doomweasels thank you for the box.

(Pictures of doomweasels in box will follow)

YESSSS.

I was beginning to worry!