[Question] Help me find a different movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know the title or the cast. Only plot details I have are a rock star develops a messiah complex as a cult forms around him. When he finally falls, he falls big time.

Movie was released late 60s to early 70s.

I only know of the movie because it was in a book called Science Fiction Movies by Philip Strick. The local public library carried it when I was younger. It was notable to me at the time because it had Valerie Perrine's boobs from her appearance in Slaughterhouse Five.

The book was published in 1976, if that helps.

Doesn't ring a bell here, but why didn't you just post this in the other thread rather than creating a new one?
Because that thread had run it's course. I wanted to attract the eyeballs that would have had it's fill of the old one.

Took a little more Google-fu, but I found it. It's Privilege from 1967.

(ETA: Found more discussion here. More relevant than I thought. Especially today.)

fade

Staff member
Yeah, for every thread, Dave is charged ONE SPANISH DUBLOON. Do you have any idea how hard those are to find??

W

wana10

Because that thread had run it's course. I wanted to attract the eyeballs that would have had it's fill of the old one.

Took a little more Google-fu, but I found it. It's Privilege from 1967.

(ETA: Found more discussion here. More relevant than I thought. Especially today.)
And here I thought you were describing Jesus Christ Superstar...

Status
Not open for further replies.