[Question] Happy thoughts maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where we talk about what makes us happy maaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

A nice beer, some good food, and a funny cartoon. This is all I need for a good night.

Doomweasels (there's a surprise)
Wrapping up in my snuggly micromink blanket and reading books about the Tudors
MST3K
The Beatles
The Baldur's Gate computer games

Snuggling up in a little warm burrow in my bed or on my couch, safe in the knowledge I don't have to get out into the cold open world for a long time. Safety and security. I know it's a rubbish answer.
Long periods of being undisturbed - but even more: long periods of which you know in advance that you won't be disturbed.

The feeling of having finally finished that crappy thing you hate doing and have been postponing for weeks.

Watching a nice, good TV show with my girlfriend in my arms, and a good glass of wine or something else which is officially still illegal here in my other hand.

Afternoon naps
A good cup of coffee
Watching my kids play/playing along with them
Spending time with friends
Seeing my husband in the morning before he goes to work, even if it is just for a minute.
Getting in a good workout

The euphoria of actually finishing a project I started
Geeky brunettes with glasses
Cuddling with said geeky brunettes
Orange chicken & chow mein
Subway flatbread subs
Finding people I'm able to talk to on and on without long awkward silences (I seem to have this issue a lot)

Undisturbed sleep...
This

I would like to be able to say video games and reading but... lately, it feels like all that happens when I do either of those is my brain constantly nags "you're putting off work you need to finish" :(

Burning brass for fun, not for score.
That first breath upon exiting the house, car whatever on a cold fall or winter morning, when the cold air hits your lungs and you see the sunlight glinting on morning dew, your breath misting in the air.
Sledding
Listening to my daughter piece together words she knows to form sentences. That moment when she learns a new word and shows me that she's remembered it.
Fishing.
Working on my old Nova (God DAMN I miss that car)
Flying (I haven't been behind the controls of an aircraft in far, FAR too long)
Camping
Hiking (The AT WILL be my bitch! )
Feeling accepted by a group. Any group. Knowing that my worth has been proven, and my words have worth.

That first breath upon exiting the house, car whatever on a cold fall or winter morning, when the cold air hits your lungs and you see the sunlight glinting on morning dew, your breath misting in the air.
Sledding.
Then what the hell are you doing in Georgia?

I need to add browsing in a bookstore to my list. It is bliss - especially so if coffee is also involved. Doesn't matter if it is a corporate chain or a little hole-in-the-wall store. I love looking at books. I would say reading them as well, but lately I feel like all of my reading is not for pleasure nor is it necessarily pleasurable (I can't wait for these two classes to be over).

North_Ranger

Staff member
Succesful cooking, especially if it involves bacon.
Strawberry rahka (thank you, Mom <3)
A good game of Pathfinder
Enjoyable YouTube videos
A day when I don't need to worry about temperature or something else.

A nice, simple, well prepared meal.
A nice, extravagant, well prepared meal.
A nice plate of salumi and cheeses, well paired with good beer, wine, or spirits.
A good book.
A good, preferably giant, mug of hot cocoa.
Family.
A good gaming session with my Friday night gaming group, which is usually more bullshitting than gaming.
A nice long hike through the back country, preferably up to a nice, secluded alpine lake.

Dave

Staff member
Having a day just to myself, to do anything that I want and not being judged on whatever that activity (or lack thereof) turns out to be.
Making a crowd laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.