Export thread

Halloween 2010 Thread!

Gusto

Gusto

What are all y'all doin' for Halloween? Got any cool costumes? Cool parties?

LET US KNOW!

Gusto

Gusto

Alright well I need to shave, get a haircut, paint various accessories various colours, mod some shit out, and put on my sweet suit, but here's a spoiler as to my costume:

linglingface

linglingface

Fiance and I were going to be Captain Hook and Tiger Lily but we're now short on time to put a costume together. My best friend is going to be Tinkerbell, so I may be Silvermist to go with her costume. :)

Morphine

Morphine

I promised myself I would make this Halloween incredibly fun but I didn't have the time to prepare anything really, I'll just have to improvise... :/

Lookin' good Gustito ;)

strawman

strawman

I'm making a toddler sized cardboard casket. I'm hoping to fit a large doll (or maybe pumpkin headed skeleton?) in it, then outfit it with some servos, lights, fog machine, and screaming baby sounds. Given that I have no money for the project, it should be interesting to see whether it actually scares the kids in the neighborhood...

Gusto

Gusto

I promised myself I would make this Halloween incredibly fun but I didn't have the time to prepare anything really, I'll just have to improvise... :/

Lookin' good Gustito ;)
Fret not! Some of my best costumes were thrown together the morning of Halloween!

And thanks! :awesome: I have since spraypainted my bowler.

Hylian

Hylian

Sadly I don't have the money to make a new costume this year. But I am thinking about combining two of my old costumes into one hopefully cool outfit. My current plan is to mix a gorilla monster cosrume with a steampunk outfit. I am hoping it will turn out looking like a steampunk experiment gone awry.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Strangely enough, I will be going as a police officer. *eyeroll*

But I WILL be handing out candy to kids/families that I see on the street, with parental permission. While I like the idea of kids trusting the police, I don't necessarily want them to associate strange men in cars with candy, ya know?

Holy Knickers

Holy Knickers

My soccer team decided on pop stars, so we put a bunch of names in a hat and picked.
I will be dressing up as the lovely Ms. Katy Perry, cupcake bikini and all!

Espy

Espy

Man, I am STRUGGLING to figure out what to do. We are playing a big show on Saturday night and I'm trying to find something that is fun or cool or scary but that I can still play in.

Element 117

The local SM club is putting on a few play scene performances that night, and I've decided to perform. Should be painful fun.

Null

Null

Sadly I don't have the money to make a new costume this year. But I am thinking about combining two of my old costumes into one hopefully cool outfit. My current plan is to mix a gorilla monster cosrume with a steampunk outfit. I am hoping it will turn out looking like a steampunk experiment gone awry.
Air Commodore Grodd, Viscount of Hyrulia, I presume?

For myself, if I dress up, it'll be Fat Zombie.

Probably just hang with friends and pull another Diablo II all nighter.

Dei

Dei

I made my daughter a costume which basically stretched my costume making this year since I just started learning how to sew. (She wanted to be Milli from Team Umizoomi).

strawman

strawman

Man, I am STRUGGLING to figure out what to do. We are playing a big show on Saturday night and I'm trying to find something that is fun or cool or scary but that I can still play in.
Someone local to me posted their costume idea online (in particular they were wondering if it were suitable for going to children's parties dressed up this way), but it might pique your interest:

My costume this year is a pretty authentic looking Alex DeLarge as seen in this photo: http://bit.ly/1Aphps
You should be able to play just fine in it, it'll be easily enough recognized by those that have seen the movie, and when asked what they are, who hasn't wanted to say, "I'm a psychopath that commits violent murders in order to attain sexual fulfillment." ?

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

I kind of want to go as Mark Zuckerberg.

phil

phil

I guess I'll probably be a zombie this year. I don't really have a lot of money to spend on a costume. I liked my mummy costume last year a lot, but I don't really want to do the same thing twice in a row. If I could do something with a mask that might be fun again, but I don't like those huge rubber masks. I might look for like a hooded robe thing where you can put a see through cloth over the face! I wonder how much those are.

David

David

I decided today that I want to be the child catcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

I'm not sure yet how I'm going to make the nose.

Terrik

Terrik

I'm going down to the YEN party in Beijing for Halloween. I hear it's a really cool party so don't wanna miss it.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I'm probably just going to reuse my Ghostbuster costume from last year. I don't like reusing costumes, but I've got no money, and that costume cost about $200 and 2 months of work, so I'm going to get as much mileage as possible out of it. Went to the Zombie Walk on Saturday though, and did something new for that.

I think our plan is to just have a few friends over and watch some halloween specials/ movies. Maybe have a bit to drink, but not a big party. I'm excited cause we're in a house now and out of the apartment building, so we might actually get honest-to-goodness trick or treaters! I friggin' LOVE Halloween, and have been looking forward to being able to do that for years!

Piotyr

Piotyr

My 3 year old will be going as Yoshi this year. I don't anticipate dressing up this year, but who knows what will happen when Sunday rolls around.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

For the fourth year running I will be on duty. Boo-urns.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

My 3 year old will be going as Yoshi this year. I don't anticipate dressing up this year, but who knows what will happen when Sunday rolls around.
Your kid is dressing as Yoshi and you AREN'T going to just throw a pair over overalls over a red shirt and sport a fake mustache? C'mon, man!

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

My niece is going to be a bumble bee:

As for me, I'm poor and I'll just be handing out candy for parents this year, so I'm redoing my Mario costume. Though if I can find it, I want to try and find a large raccoon tail and some matching ears to add to the costume, or maybe a set of small wings to put on the cap.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I did not have a costume, had 24 hour notice for the Halloween party I planned of attending was moved up a week. So as a big guy, I put on an orange camp shirt, and tucked it into my pants. When the host asked why I did not wear a costume, I said I did. "I'm the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown."

Chazwozel

I have a party coming up this weekend. I am going as Alan from the Hangover. Yes, I bought the Human Tree T-shirt. My daughter's cabbage patch will serve as a fine "Carlos."

Fun Size

Fun Size

You know what's tough? Having a full and manly Hans Gruber beard. Unless you want to go as a generic zombie or (obviously) Hans Gruber, it makes it hard to come up with a decent costume.

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

I'll be home handing out candy to sugar high little monsters and teenagers who are probably too old to be out trick or treating (though if their costumes are good... I cut them some slack lol).

I might get the chance to take my two year old out for a stroll in his Superman costume but we'll see what happens. He would probably having more fun handing out treats with me.

Hey Espy... you should just dress up as one of the dudes from GWAR... ;)

Koko

3 day psytrance music festival in the desert all Halloween weekend for me.
Psychedelic Freakshow! :rockon:
Gonna be awesome, got a homemade zombie costume white shirt/white shorts all ripped & splattered with fake blood

Baerdog

Baerdog

I was planning to go as Mr. Rogers this year but I could not for the life of me find a decently-priced cardigan and blue canvas shoes. Instead I'm growing out my beard and going to Plan B: lumberjack.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Dressing up wasn't in the plan, buuut I threw together something at the last minute. I borrowed a hat from my brother and a brown vest from my mom. Gonna pair it with a white button up shirt and some brown pants and shoes. Boom. Newsie. Showtunes not included.

Nile

Nile

Dr. Horrible! Costume is pretty damn good, would be even better if Irongate Gallery had shipped the damn boots at some point in the two months since I ordered them...

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Just got done carving my pumpkin for this year! (Special Thanks to Patrick for helping me get these onto my PC). I choose to do the Spitter from Left 4 Dead 2 this year.

Here's the unlit version. Sorry the shitty quality, but it's a shitty camera.

And here's the candle lit version, taken in a dark room.

And finally, here's a version with a flash so you can make out some of the details.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Niiiice pumpkin!

figmentPez

figmentPez

Light it with a green LED or glowstick?

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Light it with a green LED or glowstick?
I actually wanted to do green glowsticks, but I couldn't find them and Begger's Night is on Thursday. Best I could find are some crappy little glowstick bracelets and I'm not even sure what color they are, so I'm probably going to just use a candle.

makare

I'm going to attempt to be Winnie from Hocus Pocus. My dress isn't quite right and I need to figure out a way to redden my hair very impermanently.

Hylian

Hylian

But I WILL be handing out candy to kids/families that I see on the street, with parental permission. While I like the idea of kids trusting the police, I don't necessarily want them to associate strange men in cars with candy, ya know?

You should dress up as Axe Cop

MindDetective

MindDetective

I have no bloody idea what I'm going to do. It might be nothing!

Piotyr

Piotyr

Costume complete. Today at school he had a costume party day.

Gusto

Gusto

That is fuckin' adorable.

Like jeez.

Hylian

Hylian

So cute!

Gusto

Gusto

Getting close to done:

Wahad

Wahad

That's a pretty snazzy Riddler-face there, Gusto-man.

Myself, I'm not going to any Halloween parties nor is there any Trick-or-Treat around here so I won't be dressing up. But perhaps another time when I celebrate Halloween in Amurikka.

Piotyr

Piotyr

Not sure there's a better place for this, but this is an advertisement I can applaud:

Products for that "special" someone

MindDetective

MindDetective

Not sure there's a better place for this, but this is an advertisement I can applaud:

Products for that "special" someone
Hahaha! Switch to Zombian for a laugh!

figmentPez

figmentPez

Can't embed, but

College Humor: Celebrity Halloween

Morphine

Morphine

I think I'm going to be a Zombie Nazi Nurse. That's scary, right?!

I don't have everything I need though ; _ ;
I might end up just dressing up like I did for Bumble's dare when playing ToD.

Hylian

Hylian

Well I cant find my monster Gorilla outfit after all so it looks like I will be wearing my steampunk outfit again this year.

linglingface

linglingface

Costume complete. Today at school he had a costume party day.
SQUEEEE!!! Adorable! I want to hug him.

Shakey

Shakey

I wasn't going to wear anything this year, but at the last minute decided to bust out the banana costume and wear it into work today.

Fun Size

Fun Size

I wasn't going to wear anything this year, but at the last minute decided to bust out the banana costume and wear it into work today.
For some of us, not wearing anything is the banana costume. :smug:

Shakey

Shakey

For some of us, not wearing anything is the banana costume. :smug:[/QUOTE]

I really wanted to go as "The Todd" wearing a banana hammock, but figured it wasn't worth getting fired over.

Gusto

Gusto

Just be sure to remind people when it is peanut butter jelly time.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

You should dress up as Axe Cop[/QUOTE]

Were I not actually working, I SO would. *grins*

phil

phil

I thought gusto was doing green hornet before! How silly of me.

I think my costume is going to turn out alright. I added my OJ Simpson gloves and I have a small sickle which looks kind of spooky. I'll see how it looks tonight I guess!

Gusto

Gusto

I thought gusto was doing green hornet before! How silly of me.
Sorry bro.

Here are the results of my carpentry last night (read: mostly my dad's carpentry):

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Gusto, are you going to Cosplay after Halloween with that costume?

Gusto

Gusto

I might dude! For all the work I've put into it, I'd better not only wear it once.

Necronic

Necronic

Going as a Devil in a Blue Dress. Need to go buy the dress.

Shakey

Shakey

I just talked a co-worker into using my banana costume while taking her kid out trick or treating. He's going as a monkey, so the two of them together should be super cute.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Going to the Ward 24 tour at the old Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum in Weston, WV.

David

David

Just came back from my friends' church's halloween event thingy.

My friend Abby dressed as NCIS's Abby and me dressed as Me with Facepaint.

Gusto

Gusto

Riddle me this, Halforums:

Who's the man?

figmentPez

figmentPez

Quite the dapper gentleman. Kudos Gusto.

grub

grub

where are all of the Jack o Lantern pics?

To start here is last years:

And this years:

Now that i've shown mine, show me yours.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

So far, this night is bullshit.

Fuck Halloween.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

And this years:

Mines on the first page.

strawman

strawman

And this years:

Ha! I did that one this year too! Slightly different eye design. I did it a few nights ago, though, and the thin lines are already starting to shrink inward, so no point in taking a pic now.

I wore my living severed hand costume this year to a party of people who haven't seen it before. Had a lot of great reactions. Here's the video I took when I made it, explaining how I built it:

grub

grub

Nice! my daughter told me to make a robot head, so I did. It was either this or bender.

strawman

strawman

Nice! my daughter told me to make a robot head, so I did. It was either this or bender.
Robots are awesome. I think more kids should go as robots.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

And this years:

I haven't carved mine yet. Nor have I decided what to carve on it. :S

Cajungal

Cajungal

I ended up having to explain my newsie costume to the kids. One of the kids in my class was Link--he's the kid with big behavior problems. When he refused to use his work, I marched up to his desk with a triangular piece of construction paper and said, "ONLY BY COMPLETING YOUR JOURNAL ASSIGNMENT WILL YOU BE WORTHY OF THIS PIECE OF THE TRIFORCE." I've never seen him work so hard. I owe him a second piece of the Triforce Monday for working twice as hard as everyone else to clean up his work area. :D

Adam

Adammon

Last year:

Too busy this year to do anything. :(

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

I carved a pumpkin for the first time! My little sister wanted to have one and she absolutely loved it! It was just the classic jagged smiley mouth and angry eyes kind, and I don't feel I can attempt anything more complex than that...

Terrik

Terrik

Oh man, YEN party kicked a whole lot of ass. Some pictures later~

Baerdog

Baerdog

I'm gonna watch Aliens and eat candy with a friend.

Null

Null

Handed out candy to the neighborhood brats. Most had to be prompted to actually say "Trick or Treat" instead of just reaching for the bowl of candy.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Handed out candy from the prisoner transport van. Was telling folks, with my strobes going "I guarantee that I have the brightest porch lights out here." I also warned them severely about performing "tricks," as I had room enough for them.

Didn't help that one of the cages had a blood smear in it from a prisoner with a scuffed-up knee. *wry grin*

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

Do kids even trick or treat anymore? I haven't gotten a single kid all night.

Adam

Adammon

Up to 36 here, which is a record for us. Last year it was 17, year before was 4. Probably due to the milder weather.

Terrik

Terrik

Wee--some pics. I'll have more later. I went with my friends Maggie, Vivan and Yao Yao and man did we have some fun. There was about 2,000 or so people there.

THE NINJA AWAKES

The girls

Mao would be proud

The ninja is always in the shadows. Watching.

Pirate vs Ninja

Hell yes Cobra

It's not really the moose I'm looking at

Yeah that's a man

LoL

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

My friends and I had a potluck with Tandori chicken, Scalloped potatoes, banana bread, cupcakes and pumpkin pie all made from scratch. We carved 5 pumpkins and sat around watching The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror 1-10.
Only 6 of us dressed up, and 4 of us just wore the same costumes as last year.

Had way more kids come by than expected. I was so excited.

Had a couple of punk teens not even wearing costumes who all claimed to be dressed as Justin Beiber for halloween. I gave them each one piece of candy so that they'd go away and not egg my house. Most kids got away from here with a good haul though.

Two little kids actually left us a thank you card for the candy. Its adorable. I hung it up on the fridge.

linglingface

linglingface

Had no time for silver mist so I was a variation of Harley Quinn instead. It looked okay, I did alright on the face paint :)

Hylian

Hylian

Adam

Adammon

Cajungal

Cajungal

Tonight was quiet. We ate Mexican, listened to some music, and played games. Jake refused to leave my apartment until the trashy dudes yelling loudly in the parking lot took their party somewhere else. They always make me nervous. He just now drove off. Nice day. :)

Terrik

Terrik

A couple more:

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

You know what's sad? Kids these days don't know what a Ghostbuster is. Or Beetlejuice.

Fun Size

Fun Size

You know what's sad? Kids these days don't know what a Ghostbuster is. Or Beetlejuice.
You're right. Someone should reboot those franchises.

**flees before being pelted with leftover Halloween candy**

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Had 25 kids in 4 groups at our house. Only took my kids around our street it was so cold for them. It was actually snowing for a bit last night.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

**flees before being pelted with leftover Halloween candy**[/QUOTE]

And we could get Will Ferrell to play Beetlejuice!!

Jay

Jay

makare

And we could get Will Ferrell to play Beetlejuice!![/QUOTE]

That is the first proposed remake that might break my heart :(

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Mario found a leaf!:

makare

Ahhh I love it!

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Damn kids smashed all our jack-o-lanterns! Only house on the street whose pumpkins got smashed, too! I bet it was those damn Justin Bieber kids.

And we could get Will Ferrell to play Beetlejuice!![/QUOTE]

Oh god, I certainly didn't mean to imply that. Just, aren't these kids' parents teaching them ANYTHING?! (Also, it makes me feel old, and I'm not even 24. I shouldn't have to feel old yet dammit)

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

You all recognize my Captain Hammer oufit. My roommate was a Homie. You can get those figures in 25-cent vending machines.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Iron, If you have a pic of you alone, in costume... put that on your profile and state somewhere that the Hammer is in your pants.

ncts_dodge_man

ncts_dodge_man

My 2 year old went as the attached...

Attachments

drifter

drifter

It kinda looks like IronBrig and Hylian could be brothers from another mother. Well, at least before Hylian shaved his goatee.

fade

fade

I had so much fun last night (despite having to get up at 4 am to drive to a 7am conference in New Orleans). I scared sooo many kids (we had a lot--I ran out of candy). I decorated my front porch and made homemade Go Away signs. I usually dress as Frankenstein's monster, but last night I just put on a Jason mask and really played the character. I never said a word. I just stood there with hunched shoulders, standing there waiting. I had kids run away, and parents get creeped out. I had my picture taken so many times. Oh!, and I put my and my wife's laptops in the upstairs windows with this video on them: on a loop so that it looked like the house was looking out.

Here's a photo of my kids and my friends' kids. You can see the eye in the upper window, but it's not all that cool yet because the sun is still up a little.

General Specific

General Specific

No no no, Will Ferrell will be Egon in the new Ghostbusters. With Jonah Hill as Ray, Seth Rogan as Venkman, and Will Smith as Winston.

**joins in fleeing**

linglingface

linglingface

View attachment 761 View attachment 762
With Tinkerbell's wand and a close-up. My first time with the paint and I had no idea what I was doing. :)

Oh, and matching nails:
View attachment 763

Attachments

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I think that another ghost busters could be cool if it was like a passing of the torch with the remainder of the old cast getting together and training the new generation of busters, like they did with that cartoon but better.
Last rumours of the script for Ghostbusters 3 seemed to indicate this is the case.

strawman

strawman

I added your house's address to the sex offender's registry under the name "Pedro Bear".

You're welcome.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Honestly, I really noticed that the kids stopped coming out for Beggar's Night here in Ohio right after 9/11 and just never picked back up. Now, that could be because there just aren't as many young couples with children in the area now, or it could be be because my area has started to slip economically, but that IS the time frame for when it stopped.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Fade, nice idea with the eye. That would be spooky at night.

linglingface

linglingface

Sexy nurse is sexy :)

figmentPez

figmentPez

With Tinkerbell's wand and a close-up. My first time with the paint and I had no idea what I was doing. :)

Oh, and matching nails:
View attachment 763
AAAAA! Creepy clown girl thing! Confuse it with magnets then kill it with fire!

Sorry... I'm not usually that creeped out by Harley costumes.

makare

Oh, and matching nails:
View attachment 763
Hey do you freehand your nails or do you use a pen? Ive been wondering if those pens are worth investing in.

Null

Null

I'm not sure if the Harleybell costume is adorable or deeply disturbing. It's kind of both. Like, "Hey, she's certainly cute, but I have a feeling I'll see that clown face in my nightmares."

Fun Size

Fun Size

Quick Halloween rant: when I was a kid, getting a candy bar was a big deal. I don't mean a full size candy bar, I mean any kind of candy bar. Now I appreciate that people are giving out higher quality stuff now, or at least they are in my neighborhood, but would it kill someone to go a little cheaper?

I guess what I'm saying is that I like root beer barrels, and there were none to steal from the kids candy. This does not sit well.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I guess what I'm saying is that I like root beer barrels, and there were none to steal from the kids candy. This does not sit well.
Most stores don't carry Braq's A&W Rootbeer Barrels anymore. In fact, the only places I can ever find them anymore are in specialty candy shops. If wanna know a place that I KNOW sells them, you can find them at any Anthony-Thomas Candy location in Ohio. Unfortunately, they don't sell them via their website like most of their Buckeye stuff.

Or you can order them online here at Old Time Candy.

Jay

Jay

I live in a baby making new area of Vimont... thus Halloween I had over 200 kids coming to our door this year. They enjoyed my Optimus Rhyme.

linglingface

linglingface

AAAAA! Creepy clown girl thing! Confuse it with magnets then kill it with fire!

Sorry... I'm not usually that creeped out by Harley costumes.
I had a lot of fun smiling all creepy-like! :)

Hey do you freehand your nails or do you use a pen? Ive been wondering if those pens are worth investing in.
A little of both. I mostly use a small paintbrush and have 4 Sally Hansen pens that I love. The white and black pens work best. White can be annoying at times, sometimes it just absorbs the color underneath it and turns into a lighter shade of that color After a few hours.
A small paintbrush is definitely worth your money, though!

I'm not sure if the Harleybell costume is adorable or deeply disturbing. It's kind of both. Like, "Hey, she's certainly cute, but I have a feeling I'll see that clown face in my nightmares."
Haha I wasn't sure what to think of it, either. I had fun being creepy-face but also loved my tutu!

tegid

tegid

I dressed as Captain Anisakis and my girlfriend as Anisaki-ko, my sidekick (The original costume was just sushi, but we added the Anisakis to go with the 'fearsome' theme. Then we added the superhero bit just for fun)

My head is supposed to be maki sushi, but in this picture it was not in the best condition. The orange and green things are candy anisakis.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

It's a way to make sushi fearsome, that's for sure.

fade

fade

Kind of like Thomas Haden Church and Robert Sean Leonard had a baby.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Tin, I can't look at your costume for more than a couple seconds or I start to feel sick. That must mean it's good! :)

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

I love that costume, Tin! It looks great and it's a very original idea! (or at least I haven't seen it before!)

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

So angry. All my pictures for Halloween were lost by a friend who's camera fritzed out and erased her SD card.

Costume was Carmilla. I'll try and take a picture of it at the least and post it up.

Minus the hair ties, collar and covered in alot of blood.

linglingface

linglingface

Can't wait to see your Carmilla! :D

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I am eating my Halloween candy in order of descending rank. The Coffee Crisps and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups were the first to go. Next was the Swedish Berries. Now I am working my way through Wunderbars and Twix.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

If all those candy stuffs are better than Twix, I'm pretty sure Spain is lacking some extremely delicious things :(

strawman

strawman

If all those candy stuffs are better than Twix, I'm pretty sure Spain is lacking some extremely delicious things :(
Wait, please don't tell me you've never had a reese's peanut butter cup? They do have those over there in europistan, right?

LittleSin

LittleSin

Wait, please don't tell me you've never had a reese's peanut butter cup? They do have those over there in europistan, right?[/QUOTE]

Please don't tell ME that you've never had a Coffee Crisp bar!

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Wait, please don't tell me you've never had a reese's peanut butter cup? They do have those over there in europistan, right?[/QUOTE]

Please don't tell ME that you've never had a Coffee Crisp bar![/QUOTE]

It's possible. I believe Coffee Crisp is a uniquely Canadian delicacy.
*checks Wikipedia*
Coffee Crisp - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Canadian expatriates have long lamented the bar's relative unavailability outside of Canada. Coffee Crisp is available in Australia at some specialised sweet shops, and unofficial exports of Coffee Crisp treats (originally labelled for the Canadian market) to the USA have also occurred, especially in shops close to the Canadian border.

There was a petition at coffeecrisp.org asking Nestlé to market the Coffee Crisp in all US cities. According to the site, its petition has succeeded,[1] and Nestlé began marketing the Coffee Crisp nationwide in late July 2006.[2]

As of April 2009, the marketing of the Coffee Crisp bar into the USA was discontinued by Nestle Canada.[citation needed] As of May 2009, Coffee Crisp was being imported into the US market by British Wholesale Imports (BWI) (British Wholesale Imports, Inc.).
You guys are missing out. I forgot how good Coffee Crisps are.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Never had a Coffee Crisp, but I am VERY familiar with Reeses. I've got a bag full at home right now. Bought it yesterday for $1.00 *grins broadly* I love the time after Halloween, too.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Surprisingly, the local mega mart has coffee crisps. I've been enjoying one bar a week for the past couple of months.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Well, I've seen Reeses cups at a relatively expensive foreign food shop. And maybe on TV?

Philosopher B.

Never heard of a Coffee Crisp until now, but these pics on Google Image Search are making my mouth water.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Well, I don't want to oversell the Coffee Crisp. Its not as rich as a Peanut Butter Cup, but it is as its slogan suggest, a nice light snack. And I love it.

strawman

strawman

Well, I've seen Reeses cups at a relatively expensive foreign food shop. And maybe on TV?[/QUOTE]

Well, peanut butter is a relatively American thing, so I don't know how well a Reese's peanut butter cup would go over with someone that doesn't regularly consume peanut butter anyway. But pretty much everyone in all 10 million square kilometers of the US knows about (and most quite enjoy) this particular candy.

Of the things I remember expatriates asking for, peanut butter and maple syrup flavoring are often on the list.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Well, I've seen Reeses cups at a relatively expensive foreign food shop. And maybe on TV?[/QUOTE]

Well, peanut butter is a relatively American thing, so I don't know how well a Reese's peanut butter cup would go over with someone that doesn't regularly consume peanut butter anyway. But pretty much everyone in all 10 million square kilometers of the US knows about (and most quite enjoy) this particular candy.

Of the things I remember expatriates asking for, peanut butter and maple syrup flavoring are often on the list.[/QUOTE]

Oh man, did you ever have the KitKat Chunky Peanut Butter or KitKat Chunky Maple?
:drool:

strawman

strawman

Of the things I remember expatriates asking for, peanut butter and maple syrup flavoring are often on the list.[/QUOTE]

Oh man, did you ever have the KitKat Chunky Peanut Butter or KitKat Chunky Maple?
:drool:[/QUOTE]

The peanut butter one, yes. I'm am so disappointed they didn't survive long in the market, though, I'm a sucker for extra chunky peanut butter already. They also had extra crunchy peanut butter cups for awhile as well.

om nom nom nom nom

Speaking of which, I'm think there's a kit kat and reese's peanut butter cup calling my name in the kid's halloween candy buckets right now.

brb

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Well, peanut butter is a relatively American thing, so I don't know how well a Reese's peanut butter cup would go over with someone that doesn't regularly consume peanut butter anyway.
You probably are right, when some peanut butter became regularly avaliable in Spain, Tegid bought some to try it and then gave me the jar so I could try it too. It was a rare and exotic relic straight from the world of movies and tv shows... and I didn't like at all. It was like eating peanut puree spread on bread.

Of course, It wouldn't surprise me if the brand we have around here is pretty bad. And there's probably more tasty ways of eating peanut butter than the classic peanut butter sandwich every kid seems to eat on tv.

LittleSin

LittleSin

Well, peanut butter is a relatively American thing, so I don't know how well a Reese's peanut butter cup would go over with someone that doesn't regularly consume peanut butter anyway.
You probably are right, when some peanut butter became regularly avaliable in Spain, Tegid bought some to try it and then gave me the jar so I could try it too. It was a rare and exotic relic straight from the world of movies and tv shows... and I didn't like at all. It was like eating peanut puree spread on bread.

Of course, It wouldn't surprise me if the brand we have around here is pretty bad. And there's probably more tasty ways of eating peanut butter than the classic peanut butter sandwich every kid seems to eat on tv.[/QUOTE]

You need Kraft Peanut butter. With green cover.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Fuckin' Squirrel brand peanut butter with the peanut on top. That thing was a God damn prize amongst my brothers and I.

Does Squirrel even exist anymore? After some Google-fu, nope, hasn't existed since 2000 when it was bought by the company that owns Skippy peanut butter wherein they eliminated the peanut on top shortly afterwards. That is unfortunate.

Baerdog

Baerdog

Skippy Super Chunk is where it's at.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Fuckin' Squirrel brand peanut butter with the peanut on top. That thing was a God damn prize amongst my brothers and I.

Does Squirrel even exist anymore? After some Google-fu, nope, hasn't existed since 2000 when it was bought by the company that owns Skippy peanut butter wherein they eliminated the peanut on top shortly afterwards. That is unfortunate.
It also tastes like butt now.

fade

fade

I don't like Skippy or Jif. If I want to eat something that tastes like spreadable peanuts, I would just eat peanuts. I'm a Peter Pan fan. It's sweet and more like a fudge.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I don't like Skippy or Jif. If I want to eat something that tastes like spreadable peanuts, I would just eat peanuts. I'm a Peter Pan fan. It's sweet and more like a fudge.
Skippy and Jif don't taste like peanuts, they taste like the hydrogrenated oil that they are. I like natural peanut butters, the kind that separate if you don't stir them. That's good peanut butter, that actually tastes like peanuts. Yum.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I like my peanut butter CRAMMED FULL OF SUGAR.
Kraft peanut butter ALL THE WAY.