Halloween 2010 Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright well I need to shave, get a haircut, paint various accessories various colours, mod some shit out, and put on my sweet suit, but here's a spoiler as to my costume:

Fiance and I were going to be Captain Hook and Tiger Lily but we're now short on time to put a costume together. My best friend is going to be Tinkerbell, so I may be Silvermist to go with her costume. :)

I promised myself I would make this Halloween incredibly fun but I didn't have the time to prepare anything really, I'll just have to improvise... :/

Lookin' good Gustito ;)

I'm making a toddler sized cardboard casket. I'm hoping to fit a large doll (or maybe pumpkin headed skeleton?) in it, then outfit it with some servos, lights, fog machine, and screaming baby sounds. Given that I have no money for the project, it should be interesting to see whether it actually scares the kids in the neighborhood...

I promised myself I would make this Halloween incredibly fun but I didn't have the time to prepare anything really, I'll just have to improvise... :/

Lookin' good Gustito ;)
Fret not! Some of my best costumes were thrown together the morning of Halloween!

And thanks! :awesome: I have since spraypainted my bowler.

Sadly I don't have the money to make a new costume this year. But I am thinking about combining two of my old costumes into one hopefully cool outfit. My current plan is to mix a gorilla monster cosrume with a steampunk outfit. I am hoping it will turn out looking like a steampunk experiment gone awry.

Strangely enough, I will be going as a police officer. *eyeroll*

But I WILL be handing out candy to kids/families that I see on the street, with parental permission. While I like the idea of kids trusting the police, I don't necessarily want them to associate strange men in cars with candy, ya know?

My soccer team decided on pop stars, so we put a bunch of names in a hat and picked.
I will be dressing up as the lovely Ms. Katy Perry, cupcake bikini and all!

Man, I am STRUGGLING to figure out what to do. We are playing a big show on Saturday night and I'm trying to find something that is fun or cool or scary but that I can still play in.

E

Element 117

The local SM club is putting on a few play scene performances that night, and I've decided to perform. Should be painful fun.

Sadly I don't have the money to make a new costume this year. But I am thinking about combining two of my old costumes into one hopefully cool outfit. My current plan is to mix a gorilla monster cosrume with a steampunk outfit. I am hoping it will turn out looking like a steampunk experiment gone awry.
Air Commodore Grodd, Viscount of Hyrulia, I presume?

For myself, if I dress up, it'll be Fat Zombie.

Probably just hang with friends and pull another Diablo II all nighter.

I made my daughter a costume which basically stretched my costume making this year since I just started learning how to sew. (She wanted to be Milli from Team Umizoomi).

Man, I am STRUGGLING to figure out what to do. We are playing a big show on Saturday night and I'm trying to find something that is fun or cool or scary but that I can still play in.
Someone local to me posted their costume idea online (in particular they were wondering if it were suitable for going to children's parties dressed up this way), but it might pique your interest:

My costume this year is a pretty authentic looking Alex DeLarge as seen in this photo: http://bit.ly/1Aphps
You should be able to play just fine in it, it'll be easily enough recognized by those that have seen the movie, and when asked what they are, who hasn't wanted to say, "I'm a psychopath that commits violent murders in order to attain sexual fulfillment." ?

I guess I'll probably be a zombie this year. I don't really have a lot of money to spend on a costume. I liked my mummy costume last year a lot, but I don't really want to do the same thing twice in a row. If I could do something with a mask that might be fun again, but I don't like those huge rubber masks. I might look for like a hooded robe thing where you can put a see through cloth over the face! I wonder how much those are.

I decided today that I want to be the child catcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

I'm not sure yet how I'm going to make the nose.

I'm going down to the YEN party in Beijing for Halloween. I hear it's a really cool party so don't wanna miss it.

I'm probably just going to reuse my Ghostbuster costume from last year. I don't like reusing costumes, but I've got no money, and that costume cost about $200 and 2 months of work, so I'm going to get as much mileage as possible out of it. Went to the Zombie Walk on Saturday though, and did something new for that.

I think our plan is to just have a few friends over and watch some halloween specials/ movies. Maybe have a bit to drink, but not a big party. I'm excited cause we're in a house now and out of the apartment building, so we might actually get honest-to-goodness trick or treaters! I friggin' LOVE Halloween, and have been looking forward to being able to do that for years!

My 3 year old will be going as Yoshi this year. I don't anticipate dressing up this year, but who knows what will happen when Sunday rolls around.

My 3 year old will be going as Yoshi this year. I don't anticipate dressing up this year, but who knows what will happen when Sunday rolls around.
Your kid is dressing as Yoshi and you AREN'T going to just throw a pair over overalls over a red shirt and sport a fake mustache? C'mon, man!

My niece is going to be a bumble bee:

As for me, I'm poor and I'll just be handing out candy for parents this year, so I'm redoing my Mario costume. Though if I can find it, I want to try and find a large raccoon tail and some matching ears to add to the costume, or maybe a set of small wings to put on the cap.

I did not have a costume, had 24 hour notice for the Halloween party I planned of attending was moved up a week. So as a big guy, I put on an orange camp shirt, and tucked it into my pants. When the host asked why I did not wear a costume, I said I did. "I'm the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown."

C

Chazwozel

I have a party coming up this weekend. I am going as Alan from the Hangover. Yes, I bought the Human Tree T-shirt. My daughter's cabbage patch will serve as a fine "Carlos."

You know what's tough? Having a full and manly Hans Gruber beard. Unless you want to go as a generic zombie or (obviously) Hans Gruber, it makes it hard to come up with a decent costume.

I'll be home handing out candy to sugar high little monsters and teenagers who are probably too old to be out trick or treating (though if their costumes are good... I cut them some slack lol).

I might get the chance to take my two year old out for a stroll in his Superman costume but we'll see what happens. He would probably having more fun handing out treats with me.

Hey Espy... you should just dress up as one of the dudes from GWAR... ;)

K

Koko

3 day psytrance music festival in the desert all Halloween weekend for me.
Psychedelic Freakshow! :rockon:
Gonna be awesome, got a homemade zombie costume white shirt/white shorts all ripped & splattered with fake blood

I was planning to go as Mr. Rogers this year but I could not for the life of me find a decently-priced cardigan and blue canvas shoes. Instead I'm growing out my beard and going to Plan B: lumberjack.

Cajungal

Staff member
Dressing up wasn't in the plan, buuut I threw together something at the last minute. I borrowed a hat from my brother and a brown vest from my mom. Gonna pair it with a white button up shirt and some brown pants and shoes. Boom. Newsie. Showtunes not included.

Reactions: Far
Dr. Horrible! Costume is pretty damn good, would be even better if Irongate Gallery had shipped the damn boots at some point in the two months since I ordered them...

Light it with a green LED or glowstick?
I actually wanted to do green glowsticks, but I couldn't find them and Begger's Night is on Thursday. Best I could find are some crappy little glowstick bracelets and I'm not even sure what color they are, so I'm probably going to just use a candle.

Status
Not open for further replies.