It's amazing. Just look at it... :aaahhh:

YAOMTC said:
Found a new one.

The Meek by Der-shing Helmer
Code:
[url=http://www.meekcomic.com/]The Meek[/url] by Der-shing Helmer
It's amazing. Just look at it... :aaahhh:
Man, I ate that one right up. So good.

Also, as a head's up, it's a little NSFW as the main girl is running around topless at the moment.

Help me out, folks.
Just trying to remember the name of a web comic about three asshat teenagers who are told by a crazy old witch that they need to defend their farm town against evil. One of them (the fat and ugly one) has a radioactive cat zombie for a pet.

Y

YAOMTC

Dead Heaven by Christopher Steininger, a beautifully illustrated webcomic, still rather new at 21 pages. Fantasy-themed and currently rather dark.

That list hasn't been updated in a while...

fade

Staff member
YAOMTC said:
Dead Heaven by Christopher Steininger, a beautifully illustrated webcomic, still rather new at 21 pages. Fantasy-themed and currently rather dark.

That list hasn't been updated in a while...
Oo, that's pretty. Kind of storybook-like acrylics.

Y

YAOMTC

Progress report. I've taken the list you compiled so far and sorted it in OpenOffice Calc. The file is attached if you're interested. Next (like Tuesday night or something maybe) I'll update it with posts that've been made here (just the ones where details were given).

What about the Digital Pimp Online comics?

Joe Loves Crappy Movies by Joe Dunn (updates when Joe sees a new movie)
Free Lunch by Joe Dunn (updates sporadically, at best)
Matriculated illustrated by Joe Dunn, written by Phil Chan (updated Wednesdays)
and
Another Video Game Webcomic written by Phil Chan, illustrated by Joe Dunn (I don't know the update schedule for this one)

Also Rob and Elliot seems to be missing from your list. (Mondays)

And Butternut Squash (Tremendously unreliable updates, but funny)

I really wish there was a way to get all of these collaborative. Like letting multiple people edit the thread.

Y

YAOMTC

Edrondol said:
I really wish there was a way to get all of these collaborative. Like letting multiple people edit the thread.
If we had a wiki, we could.

Y

YAOMTC

Edrondol said:
YAOMTC said:
Edrondol said:
If we had a wiki, we could.
But do we really need a wiki?
Nope, probably not. It's just the first thing I thought of. There's some other collaboration options out there. Scribd, maybe? Box.net?

Y

YAOMTC

Okay, it's now fully updated with the posts in this thread (see attachment). I also have a fixed-width columns text version, in which the longest review gets cut down due to length.

Now to format it for BBCode, probably this weekend, unless someone else can easily do it.

Also added these:

Blank It by Lemuel "Lemmo" Pew, Aric McKeown
Buttersafe by Alex Culang, Raynato Castro
Creep House by Miles Grover - A comic featuring Skeletor and The Count, who live in a house.
DM of the Rings by Shamus Young - What if Lord of the Rings were a D&D campaign?
Eerie Cuties by Gisele “Giz” Lagace, Miguel Marques
Nedroid by Anthony Clark - A hilarious comic by the colorist of Dr. McNinja.
PHD Comics by Jorge Cham

Dusty668 said:
Should we also group aggregate site items that belong to such as Keenspot, Comics.com, or Drunk Duck? Some kind of subheading thing?
I think we should keep the individual comics, but in reviews we should mention and link to the main site. This will cause them to get hits and maybe a mention, which would benefit us, too.

-- Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:27 pm --

YAOMTC, would you be willing to save this as an Excel sheet or Word doc instead of an Open Office doc? I can't open it.

Y

YAOMTC

Edrondol said:
Never mind. I opened it in GoogleDocs and then copy/pasted it into Excel.
So do you have something in mind for adding the BBCode? I was planning on creating a little Java program to do it, but if you know of something easier...

YAOMTC said:
Edrondol said:
Never mind. I opened it in GoogleDocs and then copy/pasted it into Excel.
So do you have something in mind for adding the BBCode? I was planning on creating a little Java program to do it, but if you know of something easier...
I don't have the first idea as to even start doing something like this.

D

Dusty668

The way I did it was quoted the message-copied the quote, that gave the url breakdown for normal posting then just followed that, as I recall once I did that Edrondol then sorted them by URL, and pasted them in.

Dusty668 said:
The way I did it was quoted the message-copied the quote, that gave the url breakdown for normal posting then just followed that, as I recall once I did that Edrondol then sorted them by URL, and pasted them in.
Yeah but I got lazy and WAAAAAAY behind.

Y

YAOMTC

Okay, I'll have it all coded up by next Tuesday, then. Could be earlier, depending on what happens.

Y

YAOMTC

Summer classes are finally done. Now I have time to to add that BBcode. Or I guess it's VBcode now? *looks at bottom of page*

Nope, still BBcode. Good, no file name to change.

Y

YAOMTC

This is the old one, see the "Webcomics List 1.1?" sticky.

(That was the title of the thread originally, and since then I've only been able to change the top post's title for whatever reason.)

Status
Not open for further replies.