Halforum's Massive Webcomics List!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

YAOMTC

I know this has been done elsewhere, but I think it's a good idea. Give me the webcomics that you read every day. Don't just hit me with a blizzard of crap, give me an actual list of what you read.

Hsu and Chan - by Norm Scott
2P Start - by Tim Harding & Ray Hargreaves
The Abominable - by Charles Christopher
Abstruse Goose - by ~
Achewood- by Chris Onstad - lack of updates recently, but the archives are definitely worth your time. Great writing.
Actionfigurecomics - by Erik Kjerland
A Girl and her Fed - by K. Brooke Spangler
anti-Heroes - by Jordan Quigley
Buck Godot - by Phil & Kaja Foglio
Arlo & Janis blog site - by Jimmy Johnson
A Softer World - by Emily Horne and Joey Comeau
Awkward Zombie - by Katie Tiedrich
Blank Label Comics with Real Life, Ugly Hill, Schlock Mercenary, Shortpacked, & Wapsi Square.
Boxer Hockey - by Tyson Hesse
Brathalla - by Jeffery Stevenson, Seth Damoose and Anthony Lee
Bruno the Bandit - by Ian McDonald
Candi -by Starline X Hodge
Cartridge - by Chris Jeffery & Alexandria N.
Sequential Art - by Phillip M Jackson
Get Fuzzy- by Darby Conley - Like Garfield, but funny. One of the two syndicated webcomics I regularly follow.
Pearls Before Swine -by Stephan Pastis The other syndicated webcomic (I occasionally read Dilbert and Foxtrot, but not regularly)
Cross Platform -by Konstantin Boyko - has been slow at updating
Ctrl+Alt+Del - By Tim Buckley
Dandy & Company - by Derrick Fish
Girls With Slingshots - by Danielle Corsetto
Darths & Droids - by The Comic Irregulars - ...or what would happen if Star Wars movies were actually an RPG campaign? "I cast Summon Bigger Fish!"
Crimson Dark - by David Simon
Day By Day - by Chris Muir
Devils Panties - by Jennie Breedan
Diesel Sweeties - by Richard Stevens 3
Digital Unrest - by Chris Simmons
Dilbert - by Scott Adams
Dominic Deegan - by MICHAEL TERRACCIANO
Dresden Codak - by Aaron S. Diaz
Doctor McNinja - by Chris Hastings
Dueling Analogs - by Steve Napierski
El Goonish Shive - by Dan Shive
Evil Inc. - by Brad J. Guigar - Also home for Phables, and Courting Disaster.
Cyanide and Happiness - by Dave
Fans! - T Campbell
Fade - by Jack Stalnaker
F@NBOY$ - by Scott Under - been a little slow on the updates
Finders Keepers - Garth Gram
Flaky Pastry - By Félix Lavallée
Flipside - by Brion Foulke
Freak Angels - by Warren Ellis and illustrated by Paul Duffield
Freefall - by Paul Stanley
Geebas on Parade - by Jennie Breedan
Order of the Stick and Erfworld - By Rich Burlew
Girl Genius - by Phil & Kaja Foglio
Goblins - by Tarol Hunt and Danielle Stephens. D&D reconstruction through the eyes of a group of goblins who got tired of being XP fodder and started their own adventuring party. Gory.
The Non-Adventures of Wonderella - by Justin Pierce
GUComics - by Woody Hearn
Gunnerkrigg Court - By Tom Siddell
The Gun Show - by KC Green
Hockey Zombie - Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Horribleville - by KC Green
Jump Leads - by Ben Paddington & Jar Jar
Kate Beaton- by Kate Beaton best history comic since Cartoon History of the Universe.
Kevin & Kell - by Bill Holbrook
Minus - by Ryan Armand - no longer being made but the archives are worth reading
Kukuburi - by Ramón Pérez
Looking For Group - by Ryan Sohmer and Lar de Souza. If you don't know Richard the Warlock yet, have a fireball in the kisser.
Lil' Formers - by Matt Moylan
Lucid TV - by John Keogh, David Rothlein and Ross Armstrong
Unspeakable Vault of Doom - by François Launet
Menage a 3 - by Gisele Lagace
ExtraLife - By Scott Johnson
Nobody Scores - by Brandon Bolt
No Need For Bushido - by Alex Kolesar and Joseph Kovell
8-bit Theater - by Brian Clevinger
Octopus Pie- by Meredith Gran - Great-looking, funny, and consistently surprising, with a writing style that prizes detail over narrative. You might have to go through a story twice to see exactly how all the individual comics fit together, but you'll also find a wealth of character detail on that second go-through, so it's really worth it.
Overcompensating - by Jeffrey J.Rowland.
Partially Clips - by Robert Balder
Penny Arcade - by Mike Krahulik & Jerry Holkins
Jack - by David Hopkins
Pictures for Sad Children- by John Campbell
SSDD - by Alan Foreman
Family man - by Dylan Meconis
Punch and Pie - by Chris Daily and Aeire
PvP - by Scott Kurtz
Questionable Content - by Jeph Jaques
Daily Dinosaur Comics- by Ryan North
Real Life Comics - by Greg Dean
The Phoenix Requiem - by Sarah Ellerton, creator of Inverloch
Rice Boy, which has ended, and Order of Tales by Evan Dahm
Sabrina Online - by Eric W. Schwartz
Scary Go Round- by John Allison - It takes awhile to get used to the humor, and the archives are too bloated to recommend going through, but this is still a fun strip.
Schlock Mercenary - by Howard Tayler
Sheldon - by Dave Kellet
Shortpacked - by David Willis
Simulated Comic Product - by ~
Sinfest - by Tatsuya Ishida
Skin Horse- Co-written and drawn by Shaenon Garrity, who did Narbonic. Similar to her previous strip, but with much better art, and even more bizarre characters, including a transvestite black-ops agent, a violence-loving zombie, and a talking dog who is better at surpressing her animal instinct than either of her co-workers.
Sluggy Freelance - by Pete Abrams
Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal - by ~
Something Positive - by r*k*milholland
Sorcery101 - by Kel McDonald
Stark Reality - By BMB
Starslip Crisis - by Kris Straub- Great sci-fi strip, and one of the first strips I've seen in a long time that consistently does original things with time travel. Straub's other strips, chainsawsuit and F-Chords, are also worth a look- I can't wait until F-Chords comes back.
Sunset Grill- by Kat Feete
Thunderstruck - by Grayson Towler
Theater Hopper - by Tom Brazelton
The Book of Biff - by by Chris Hallbeck
The Bunny System - by Audrey Soffa
The Dreamland Chronicles - by Scott Christian Sava
the outer circle - by Steve Napierski
The Slackerz - by Scott Smith and Scott Hepting
The Whiteboard - by Doc Nickel
The Zombie Hunters - by Jenny Romanchuk: story of a team of zombie hunters in a world populated by... do I really have to say it?
Three Panel Soul- by Matt Boyd and Ian McConville
Raising Hell - by ANDY BELANGER
Turnsignals on a Land Raider - by SteveC86. A WH40K comic about the most inept Land Raider crew you've ever seen.
Two Lumps -by Mel Hynes & J. Grant
Two Sides Wide by Kat & Dave
Ugly Hill- Great art, and Hastings Kilgore is one of the funniest characters I've come across in webcomics.
User Friendly - by Poul Soworth
VG Cats - by Scott Ramsoomair - slow updating
Subnormality - by Winston Rowntree -Sphinxie!!!! Squeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!
Wapsi Square - by Paul Taylor
Wasted Talent - by Angela Melick
DAR: A Super Girly Top Secret Comic Diary- by Erika Moen
Narbonic - by Shaenon K. Garrity - The ultimate mad-scientist webcomic. This finished a few years ago, and is now in "Director's Cut" reruns, but its six-year run is one of the best examples of a consistently funny and engaging story in webcomics, and also a good example of a comic that ended when the story was done, rather than stretching itself out unnecessarily. The early art's a little crude, but it grows on you and gets better. You should definitely give this a look.
Wondermark - by David Malki !
WTF Comics - by J. Waller
xkcd - by Randall Munroe
Zap! - by Chris Layfield and Pascalle C.
Remedial Comics - By Robert C Tracy & art by Jason Kirckof
Johnny Wander - by Yuko Ota and Ananth Panagariya

I'd love to have a bunch of these also have the authors. Give them their due.

I'll be putting them in alpha order soon and then we can put in some reviews...

*takes a deep breath*

applegeeks
achewood
bunny
CAD
college roomies from hell
el goonish shive
erfworld
girl genius
least i could do
looking for group
overcompensating
octopus pie
penny arcade
pvp
questionablecontent
reallifecomics
reckless youth
shortpacked
sluggy
sinfest
scary go round
starslip crisis
sam and fuzzy
theater hopper
uglyhill
wigu
xkcd
zap!

theres a few more , but those are the ones i can remember. i think i have a problem.

D

DougTheHead

Penny Arcade
PvP
Ctrl+Alt+Del (please don't kill me)
Get Fuzzy- Like Garfield, but funny. One of the two syndicated webcomics I regularly follow.
Pearls Before Swine The other syndicated webcomic (I occasionally read Dilbert and Foxtrot, but not regularly)
Something Positive-recently, it's been average, but the archive's worth a go-through.
Narbonic- The ultimate mad-scientist webcomic. This finished a few years ago, and is now in "Director's Cut" reruns, but its six-year run is one of the best examples of a consistently funny and engaging story in webcomics, and also a good example of a comic that ended when the story was done, rather than stretching itself out unnecessarily. The early art's a little crude, but it grows on you and gets better. You should definitely give this a look.
Skin Horse- Co-written and drawn by Shaenon Garrity, who did Narbonic. Similar to her previous strip, but with much better art, and even more bizarre characters, including a transvestite black-ops agent, a violence-loving zombie, and a talking dog who is better at surpressing her animal instinct than either of her co-workers.
Starslip Crisis- Great sci-fi strip, and one of the first strips I've seen in a long time that consistently does original things with time travel. Straub's other strips, chainsawsuit and F-Chords, are also worth a look- I can't wait until F-Chords comes back.
Order of the Stick and Erfworld- both hilarious fantasy comics with a strong dramatic undertone- Erfworld is a little harder to get into, as its based around a completely original game system, but both comics are worth your time.
Questionable Content
Scary Go Round- It takes awhile to get used to the humor, and the archives are too bloated to recommend going through, but this is still a fun strip.
Achewood- lack of updates recently, but the archives are definitely worth your time. Great writing.
Overcompensating
Ugly Hill- Great art, and Hastings Kilgore is one of the funniest characters I've come across in webcomics.
Shortpacked
Octopus Pie- Great-looking, funny, and consistently surprising, with a writing style that prizes detail over narrative. You might have to go through a story twice to see exactly how all the individual comics fit together, but you'll also find a wealth of character detail on that second go-through, so it's really worth it.
xkcd
Daily Dinosaur Comics
Kate Beaton- best history comic since Cartoon History of the Universe.

Checked often:
Achewood
Penny Arcade

Checked once in a while:
Dinosaur Comics
PvP
White Ninja

Checked rarely:
Boxer Hockey
Least I Could Do

Checked Daily:
Dilbert -http://www.dilbert.com/
Real Life Comics -http://www.reallifecomics.com/
GUComics -http://www.gucomics.com/
Sheldon -http://www.sheldoncomics.com/
Order of the Stick/Erfworld http://www.giantitp.com/ Updates irregularly, I check daily.
PVP -http://www.pvponline.com/

Checked when updated:
Penny Arcade -http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/
CAD -http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php
XKCD -http://xkcd.org/
LFG -http://www.lfgcomic.com/
8-Bit Theater -http://www.nuklearpower.com/latest.php
Action Figure Comics -http://www.actionfigurecomics.com/ Potb was great, but quit updating months ago. Wierdscape is OK.
Partially Clips -http://www.partiallyclips.com/

One of my favorites that I hadn't seen listed yet:

Wasted Talent

Also, just thought of another, Sequential Art (also the two other ones Phillip Jackson has on the same page, How to Play... and Spider & Scorpion)

M

Mr_Chaz

The only one I read that hasn't already been mentioned is Two Sides Wide by Kat & Dave.

It updates so randomly that it's probably only worth checking once every week or two, but it's an interesting mix of stuff. I enjoy Tiny Sides Wide but they also do some other comics at random intervals.

O

Overflight

Penny Arcade
Order Of The Stick
8-Bit Theater
User Friendly
Multiplex
Theater Hopper
Joe Loves Crappy Movies
PVP
Questionable Content
Irregular Webcomic
Shortpacked
Ugly Hill
Real Life
Evil Inc
Starslip Crisis
Schlock Mercenary
Least I Could Do

North_Ranger

Staff member
Hmmm... I didn't catch these on the list:
Goblins - by Tarol Hunt and Danielle Stephens. D&D reconstruction through the eyes of a group of goblins who got tired of being XP fodder and started their own adventuring party. Gory.
Doctor McNinja
Schlock Mercenary - by Howard Tayler
The Zombie Hunters - by Jenny Romanchuk: story of a team of zombie hunters in a world populated by... do I really have to say it?
Looking For Group - by Ryan Sohmer and Lar de Souza. If you don't know Richard the Warlock yet, have a fireball in the kisser.
Turnsignals on a Land Raider - by SteveC86. A WH40K comic about the most inept Land Raider crew you've ever seen.
Darths & Droids ...or what would happen if Star Wars movies were actually an RPG campaign? "I cast Summon Bigger Fish!"

I'll throw a mention in here for the outer circle. Same author as Dueling Analogs. Updates infrequently of late, but the archives are vast and full of humor perfect for the preadolescent male, which is right where I try to keep mine.

I gots me some updating to do. But it'll have to wait until later tonight. I'll update it while I'm watching the BCS bullshit game.

D

Dusty668

How do you want the comic groups listed, like I tossed out:
Blank Label Comics with Real Life, Ugly Hill, Schlock Mercenary, Shortpacked, & Wapsi Square.

Then Psyclone listed:
Shortpacked
Ugly Hill
Real Life
Schlock Mercenary

jwhouk mentioned:
Wapsi Square

With the Comics.com group this could make the list insane. Some of the individual sites from there are already mentioned.

But ahhhhh, yah my bookmark list is growing.... mwahahahaaaaaa!

D

Dusty668

The Neon Grue said:
WHY is Mother Goose and Grimm not on this list?!?!
Cause I go to 9Chickweedlane.com, click on MY COMICS and all of them including Arlo & Janis, Get Fuzzy, & Grimmy then show up.

E

edzepp

PvP
Starslip Crisis (just got back into this.)
Freak Angels (Da Bomb.)
Questionable Content
Least I could do
Gunnerkrigg Court (My personal fave.)
Jump Leads(Very well written, and Llewelyn sounds like Alan Rickman in my head.)
Girly
Achewood (Update damn it.)
Family man(It only updates once a week, but it's worth it since you don't often get historical fiction in webcomics.)
Pheonix Requiem (I like it. Don't LOVE it.)
Dr. McNinja. (Duh. Although it's slightly less funny than I remember it.)
Sequential Art. (Needs moar updates)
Dreamland Chronicles
Kukuburi (It's on hiatus)

Sorry about that, folks. We had company come over unexpectedly. Thye had to do laundry. Don't ask. So they were there until after 10:30.

I'm going to work hard today to get all my work stuff caught up form the couple of days I was off and then I'm doing stuff here.

Status
Not open for further replies.