[PC Game] Halforums House v2.0: Casting Call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy y'all.

For those who can't remember, or those who are new, I made a thread here (or rather on an older non-XenForo HF iteration) about a playthrough of The Sims 3.

The premise was that I created a massive house that contained characters in the likeness of myself and seven other HF posters, gave them fitting personalities and lifetime goals, and documented their comings and goings. Other than minimal interference, I allowed these avatars to act as their personalities dictated which made the resulting chaos even juicier. I posted many screenshots on the forum with a sort of narrative of what had actually occurred on any one of my sessions, and once or twice, even a narrated video:

(Hopefully if I make new videos this time around, I'll use a higher video quality)

It is time once again to see what happens when Sims stop being nice and start being real. The Fake World: Halforums House. It begins anew.

At the outset, this thread will be to determine the seven other household members (8 total, including myself) will be placed in the house. As a general rule, this will be first come first serve, but after a lot of overlapping and frankly destructive personality traits last game, please be aware that I will have final say over who gets placement in the house, and just because you're the first person to sign up doesn't guarantee you anything.

That said, if you are interested, please post with your intention in this thread, and post a reference picture of yourself. :)

Let the games begin!

North_Ranger, one of the items that's been added to the micropayment marketplace since last I played is a $40 resort city that includes new functionality items, including a sauna. ;) The resort pack looks kinda tempting, to be honest.

Can I bribe to be in this? Cause..I want in. :)

I think this is the most forceful post I have ever made. Also, picture coming in a little while.

EDIT:
So, can I just be in costume for my current picture? I'm...in costume today and took some pictures, just ignore the school uniform....

Well, I guess I can give you two options:

My most current picture out of costume - this was in July:

And..from today:

Don't make the house too much of a sausage fest Gusto.
No kidding. Last one had five guys and three girls, I'm aiming for that kinda ratio again.

Here's a pic of the old house. I'm considering building a new one.

The same way I add everyone...? By "roommate" I assume that he was interested in joining the house with us.

I'll post the list of available traits and lifetime goals here, and the selected people can come up with their personalities. I might make a few changes. ;) Unlike last time, you can now choose a lifetime goal that isn't necessarily benefited by your personality traits, ie. you can now choose to be Good and Friendly and still attempt to become Master of All Evil as a career goal.[DOUBLEPOST=1351987001][/DOUBLEPOST]
This sounds awesome and scary all at once!!
I don't hear an official application! ;)

I also want to throw out something for your consideration, Gusto:

Rather than videos, why not just a small series of pictures of memorable events for that particular playthrough? It'd be less time consuming than a video.

I..... will consider it.

There's a kinda-bitchin' seaside mansion I'm considering making our home with a few minor edits. It's currently got 7 bedrooms, so a married couple would work well. Still not sure though. Might be an interesting dynamic.

I also want to throw out something for your consideration, Gusto:

Rather than videos, why not just a small series of pictures of memorable events for that particular playthrough? It'd be less time consuming than a video.
That's the plan. Last time I did something like a dozen image updates, each of which were something like 8-10 images in a sort of narrative form post. I was inspired by the Alice and Kev form.

I did only the two video updates, because they were a lot more work, but I still might do some as a rare treat. :)

I know I'm getting in.

Why? I'm fresh and exciting.

You want fresh an and exciting to make sure people are watching your youlube.

Now git some ladies!

I edited my first post with pic's. :) I entice you...go look at them! Imagine I'm adorable and let me in this house. Ahem..please.

I edited my first post with pic's. :) I entice you...go look at them! Imagine I'm adorable and let me in this house. Ahem..please.
Hahaha, I was a actually thinking that if I make you, I might give you the Inappropriate trait, which among other things, makes its person change between casual/formal/sleep/athletic/swim wear seemingly at random, and each of them would have a different costume. It'd be hard to set up right, and it couldn't change your hair colour (just the style) but it'd be fun. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.