Halforum Anthology #1: Watchmen (likely to contain spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post your Watchmen themed stuff here!

Remember, everything about the topic is accepted, including fanart, fanfic, crayon doodles, essays, even inkblot cupcakes :)

WIPs are also accepted and encouraged.

This Anthology will go from now until the end of February 2009. Happy creating!

M

Mr. Lawface

Halforum Anthology #1: Watchmen

Reposted from last thread, my work-in-progress Nite Owl.

@Mr. Lawface: Nice! It makes me laugh. It's like he's saying "HAI GUYS WUT'S GOIN' ON IN HERE?" :D

@Far: Very nice! I really dig sketchier lines like that, and they work for Rorschach. Are you planning on doing the headshot, or is this just a crop of your final plan?

I intend to start working on my entry tonight, stay tuned!

Gusto said:
@Mr. Lawface: Nice! It makes me laugh. It's like he's saying "HAI GUYS WUT'S GOIN' ON IN HERE?" :D

@Far: Very nice! I really dig sketchier lines like that, and they work for Rorschach. Are you planning on doing the headshot, or is this just a crop of your final plan?

I intend to start working on my entry tonight, stay tuned!
I was planning on just doing it as a head shot but to be honest I may go with a full view now that I think about it more. It'll depend on how much I really get into it.

I really hope everyone doesn't just drop out or lose interest :(

The anthology is a great idea, but I know nothing of these :quote: watchmen :quote: so I don't know what I'd do for this topic :Leyla:

Bumble the Boy Wonder said:
I really hope everyone doesn't just drop out or lose interest :(

The anthology is a great idea, but I know nothing of these :quote: watchmen :quote: so I don't know what I'd do for this topic :Leyla:
I was worried about a lack of interest too, but this is February's event, and it JUST started being February. ;)

I'll be starting mine next week. I have two topics in mind, and both will take me out of my usual "single character, generic pose" comfort zone.

Gonna be tough.

Also, note to self: Reinstall Paintshop Pro 8. ;)

Cajungal

Staff member
I finally understand this stuff! Now to read the book....

I'm going on a geek spree this weekend with my paycheck--halforum gear and the watchmen graphic novel, woop woop!

If you have an idea for an April (May?) topic, shout it out! If we get interest, I'll post a new topic and get someone to de-sticky this, or possibly lock it.

Allen said:
Bigger challenge: Without being about CAD, incorporate the CAD miscarriage.
Aw man that is WAY too easy.

What's really difficult is avoiding the urge to do an Achewood strip without a furrified author self-insertion...

Cajungal

Staff member
Gusto said:
What's really difficult is avoiding the urge to do an Achewood strip without a furrified author self-insertion..
Exactly what I was hoping for.... you could be a cat named "Smoked Turkey."

Cajungal said:
Gusto said:
What's really difficult is avoiding the urge to do an Achewood strip without a furrified author self-insertion..
Exactly what I was hoping for.... you could be a cat named "Smoked Turkey."
I am the guy who rocks.

Plus I'm happy.

-- Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:19 pm --

Bumble the Boy Wonder said:
I drew this for Kris Straub a few weeks ago, after he sent out a twitter thingy asking for guest comics.

...I suppose it fits the criteria!

LET ME START A NEW THREAD DAMMIT

Also I once drew some Beams fanart. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.