[Question] Greatest Video Game of All Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necronic

Staff member
Man, this is hard. I was reading over the games other people mentioned and I kept saying "No wait, THAT'S my favorite game".

I'm going with Q3 Arena though, and all it's glorious mods. Haven't played it for years, but it's probably the best game ever made.

I loved playing Xenogears ... once. Never again.

I feel it's one of those games where the best part was the music. I've listened to the score a million times and still do.

I honestly wonder why Square Enix hasn't taken the original game, added in the missing content (which would be faster and cheaper than remaking the entire thing), and just re-released it as Xenogears Complete. Mega Man 9 and 10 proved that people will be retro themed games, even original ones. Why not take it to the next level?

I don't think Xenogears is that popular anymore. Probably a good chunk of the people who played Xenosaga never even played Xenogears. And honestly, it's not that great of a game; it's just one of those things an RPG fan should experience, if only for the breathtaking span/scale of the story. You just have no idea how BIG things are going to get when you start out.

For me, my all time favourites include:

Chrono Trigger
The NES and SNES Super Mario games
The original Zelda
Mario Kart Wii - I spent a scary amount of time playing this!
FF 7 & 8

Honourable mentions include Skyrim, Mass Effect and the Civ games (except 5)

My faves then, being games I can play over and over and over:

Shadow of the Colossus
Final Fantasy Tactics
Chrono Trigger
Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Resident Evil 4

Status
Not open for further replies.