Go Go Gadget RANGERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necronic

Staff member
Rangers are going to the world series. That's right. First time in history. Is it a coincidence that it happened the year Steinbrenner left? You be the judge.

Oh yeah, and:

Suck it A-Rod.

I was disappointed by the Yankees performance - sleepwalking defense, poor hitting from the theoretically most dangerous lineup in the majors, lackluster starting pitching at the end, but kind of thrilled for the Rangers. Here's to the Rangers getting their 1st World Series title!

I will be rooting for the Yankees again next season, though. Pretty much until I can't root for anyone anymore.

Anytime the Yankees lose, I'm happy. It's just a nice bonus that it's the Rangers going for their first time.

As for tonight: GO GIANTS!

C

Chazwozel

Go Giants! Fuck Philadelphia and its fucking fans that keep me up at night, and congest the SEPTA every fucking game!

Man, I need to find away into the World Series when it swings through Dallas.

I got to see the first ever World Series game played in Texas... I could not swing the ticket, so I took a job selling beer.

Ladies and Gentlemen, YOUR National League Champions: The San Francisco Giants! The World Series is going to be a Wild West Showdown!

Yea I bet A-Rod is still wishing he didn't become the highest paid player in the Majors and stayed with Texas so he could have a shot at his first world series ring.

Seriously bitter much?

I'm interested to see how the ratings turn out this year. People tried to say it was high because of them dragging it into November, as if it being between to top 10 sports markets had nothing to do with it.

Yea I bet A-Rod is still wishing he didn't become the highest paid player in the Majors and stayed with Texas so he could have a shot at his first world series ring.

Seriously bitter much?

I'm interested to see how the ratings turn out this year. People tried to say it was high because of them dragging it into November, as if it being between to top 10 sports markets had nothing to do with it.
It's still between two of the top 10 TV markets, so that shouldn't affect the ratings. What will affect the ratings is bitter baseball fans on the east coast avoiding the series because they have entitlement issues.

Seriously bitter much?

The Rangers are the ones that made A-Rod the most expensive player in the Majors, and he got his ring last year.

Necronic

Staff member
If there's one thing the Rangers are good at its getting good players and making them unaffordable for themselves. Be it A-Rod, Pudge Rodriguez, or (in a couple of years) Cliff Lee. Things have definitely swung around for the team in the last couple of years as the team salary budget has increased, but it used to be that the entire Rangers team salary could be less than a single Yankees player. Even now, the Rangers are one of the lowest budget teams in the game, and A-rod costs ~3/4 of the entire Ranger's salary (33 mil vs 50mil)

Anyways, with regards to your question: no, I'm not bitter. A ranger's fan understands that the nature of baseball salaries means that we will never have the pick of the litter. It would be stupid to expect anything else. My viewpoint isn't bitterness on that, its more abject bemusement that the Yankees got spanked by a team with 1/4 their salary.

The Majors have the Farm League to develop talent. The Yankees have the same thing, but their Farm League is the rest of the Majors.

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

New Yorkers will likely watch The World Series in even smaller numbers. Fox has been blacked out for 3 weeks on Cablevision.

Fox-Cablevision Dispute May Obstruct Customers

The Cubs have shown for years that salary doesn't equal success.

The Yankee bats decided to go cold at the wrong time, I also think they should have pitched Burnett instead of Pettitte against Cliff Lee (lets face it Cliff Lee spanks the Yankees, if Joe hadn't managed that game as a could win, we might have at least gotten a game 7.

E

Element 117

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

I just like how experts never gave them a chance. Every step of the way the Giants' opponents were expected to win. A ragtag group of misfits worked with one of the best homegrown pitching rotations ever to fight their way to a championship.

And hats off to Rangers fans. I thought they showed a lot of class throughout the whole thing. Definitely more class than Philly fans.

And hats off to Rangers fans. I thought they showed a lot of class throughout the whole thing. Definitely more class than Philly fans.
According to my friend from Pittsburgh, Philly fans of any sport are sentient, evolved bags of feminine hygiene products.

I am the only Cowboy fan in my circle of friends down here. When they ask me which team in the East I hate the most, I always respond... "Philly."

Besides "possibly" the Oakland Raiders, Philly has the douchiest fans out there.

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

Somewhere other than where my Giants were stomping a mudhole in the Rangers. I don't care about the Braves. *chuckles*
Funny, I don't remember any mudholes being stomped. I just thought in Baseball you run around the diamond more than the other team.

What's the connection to San Fran anyway?

Eh, to be honest, I was kinda outta line with the mudhole comment. Sorry about that - no need for me to be an asshole, right?

As for the connection, I don't really have a "home," per se... Northern California has always been the closest thing I consider as such. As a result, my teams tend to come from that region. My family's been 49ers fans for three generations now, so supporting the Giants in baseball was the logical extension of that.

Doesn't explain why I'm a Leafs fan, tho... *small chuckle*

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

What's the connection to San Fran anyway?
He's also a little light in the loafs ;)[/QUOTE]

Chinga tu madre, pendejo. *laughs*

Wife doesn't want to leave the south, they're not hiring where I'd want to live, and I can't afford the cost of living there, in any case.

Also, I like the imputation that I'm a "good cop." *chuckles*

Status
Not open for further replies.