Glass-bottled Coca-Cola near Chicago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chronos[Ha-G]

I have an idea for a science project I want to do, but in order to do it I need some glass-bottled Coca-Cola - and not just the bottles, I want the caps too, as intact as possible. This means I'm pretty much looking for off-the-shelf bottled cola.

So...does anyone by chance know of any places that sell glass bottled coke? I don't actually live in Chicago, I live in the NW suburbs, but I'd be willing to travel a bit if I have to (With my 16 MPG tank...arg).

Chronos[Ha-G said:
]I have an idea for a science project I want to do, but in order to do it I need some glass-bottled Coca-Cola - and not just the bottles, I want the caps too, as intact as possible. This means I'm pretty much looking for off-the-shelf bottled cola.

So...does anyone by chance know of any places that sell glass bottled coke? I don't actually live in Chicago, I live in the NW suburbs, but I'd be willing to travel a bit if I have to (With my 16 MPG tank...arg).

Granted I don't live in Chicago but I know that they sell glass bottle cokes at a couple of places near me. One place I have seen it was at a butcher shop and the other place near me that sells it is a grocery store that sells Coke from Mexico in glass bottles.

Look in your ethnic food isle of your local grocery store. You can usually find imported Coke made with cane sugar, still in glass bottles.

This is assuming, of course, that your area has a high immigrant population like mine does.

B

Batdan

Do your Supermarkets have a Hispanic foods section? I always find the sweeter Cokes there that are still in bottles with caps.

But then again I live in Texas and we have Hispanic aisles in every store, don't know about up north though.

C

Chronos[Ha-G]

AshburnerX said:
Look in your ethnic food isle of your local grocery store. You can usually find imported Coke made with cane sugar, still in glass bottles.

This is assuming, of course, that your area has a high immigrant population like mine does.
Yes, yes it does. Good call - that gives me a few places to check automatically...

-- Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:21 pm --

Batdan said:
Do your Supermarkets have a Hispanic foods section? I always find the sweeter Cokes there that are still in bottles with caps.

But then again I live in Texas and we have Hispanic aisles in every store, don't know about up north though.
Yeah, Chicagoland supermarkets have Hispanic sections - fairly large immigrant population in certain areas around here.

figmentPez

Staff member
Do you know someone with a Sam's Club membership? The Sam's here carries glass bottles of Coke (both from US and from Mexico).

C

Chronos[Ha-G]

figmentPez said:
Do you know someone with a Sam's Club membership? The Sam's here carries glass bottles of Coke (both from US and from Mexico).
We have one - which Sam's? YOU MUST TELL ME!

figmentPez

Staff member
Chronos[Ha-G said:
]
figmentPez said:
I'm sorry, I should have been clearer. The Sam's Club here where I live near Houston, TX. I didn't mean to get your hopes up that much.

C

Chronos[Ha-G]

figmentPez said:
Chronos[Ha-G said:
]
figmentPez said:
I'm sorry, I should have been clearer. The Sam's Club here where I live near Houston, TX. I didn't mean to get your hopes up that much.
...jerk.

Status
Not open for further replies.