Export thread

Generic-titled 2015 NHL Thread

blotsfan

blotsfan

Because I'm sick of Game of Thrones references.

Anywhom in his first preseason game, Jack Eichel had 1 goal and 1 assist. I'm heading to the Hockey Hall of Fame now to be first in line for his induction ceremony.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Like the 3 on 3 OT.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Man, I don't know the first thing about Hockey (Do you guys play the grass or ice variety? :p) but I'm glad the GoT reference is gone. Far too long have I thought "ooh, Game of..oh, no, never mind, it's just the hockey thread again". :p

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

I am offended by the lack of GoT! Harumpf!

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

I am offended by the lack of GoT! Harumpf!

jwhouk

jwhouk

(hums "Gold on the Ceiling")

blotsfan

blotsfan

(hums "Gold on the Ceiling")
I get what you're going for, but I think the Sabres banners are going to be blue.

jwhouk

jwhouk

I still have my black-and-blue "Third Jersey We Don't Use" in the closet.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Look what I just found!

@jwhouk don't click here. No, really. Don't. You can click here instead if you want.

jwhouk

jwhouk

...I suspect that whoever runs that site hates the Islanders.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

...I suspect that whoever runs that site hates the Islanders.
Just the horn. It is truly a horrid, wretched, evil thing...

jwhouk

jwhouk

Okay, I asked over on Hockey's Future and I'll ask here - WTH is so WRONG with that horn?

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Okay, I asked over on Hockey's Future and I'll ask here - WTH is so WRONG with that horn?
I think the wrongness resonates more with New Yorkers than us outsiders. It's basically just a subway train horn, and another clumsy attempt to Brooklyn-ify the franchise.

And honestly, compared to this? It's obvious...

blotsfan

blotsfan

They already changed it back to the old horn.

jwhouk

jwhouk

If the Islanders actually make it 10 years in Brooklyn, it'll be a miracle.

Terrik

Terrik

Man, it was really great to watch Lightning's victory over the Stars in person. 2-2 right up until the last 4 minutes.

blotsfan

blotsfan

If the Islanders actually make it 10 years in Brooklyn, it'll be a miracle.
They have nowhere else to go. No one is building a new arena in the city and any attempts to get something done on long island were massive failures.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Seattle will eventually get its fecal matter together, and if the Yotes don't get driven out of the Valley, the Isles might jump at the chance to move into a new arena - even if it's a few thousand miles west.

Covar

Covar

Seattle will eventually get its fecal matter together, and if the Yotes don't get driven out of the Valley, the Isles might jump at the chance to move into a new arena - even if it's a few thousand miles west.
Suprised you didn't mention Toronto, the Idris Elba of hockey towns.

jwhouk

jwhouk

The old joke: Why doesn't Hamilton have an NHL hockey team? Because then Toronto would want one.

Toronto's problem is that they have over six million people in the city, and all six million think they could run the Leafs better than MLSE could.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Toronto's problem is that they have over six million people in the city, and all six million think they could run the Leafs better than MLSE could.
They're probably right though.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

No, the problem is the fans think that the business of MSLE is about winning championships. It's not, it's about making money, which they do very very well.

jwhouk

jwhouk

They open up the gates, put out a sign saying "HOCKEY TONIGHT", and they make money.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Raffi Torres just got suspended for 41 games for his head hit.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Like I did last year; here is my realistic projection/hope for the Leafs this year. I will be happy if they finish the season in the top half of the league in shots against.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Going into camp, we all thought at least one of the two young studs we signed in the off-season - Fiala and Moses - would be on the Preds' opening night roster.

Neither one is. They are both in Milwaukee, in favor of Anthony Bitetto.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Went to the Sabres game. My thoughts:

1) Eichel is gonna be a superstar. Best player out there for us.
2) The latter half of that statement isn't saying much.
3) You were right @jwhouk franson is garbage.
4) The NHL needs to change the challenge system. I don't care if a play started with the refs blowing the offsides call. A goal being scored 2 minutes laters shouldn't be reversed because of that.

Jay

Jay

League wants more scoring?
Implements new rule.
Thus far 2 goals removed.

qMmrK.png

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

I replied to a rant by Wil Wheaton, and he responded...

:D

jwhouk

jwhouk

Norris Forever.

(That means the Atlantic = Addams?)

blotsfan

blotsfan

The future is now

https://streamable.com/cgzl

jwhouk

jwhouk

That, kids, is how you never give up on a play.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

jwhouk

jwhouk

What goes around...

Telephius

Telephius

When you mess with a goalie there is a Price to pay.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

OK Eichel is going to be a beast. I'm liking him the more I see him.

Timmus

Timmus

so who's going to beat the habs first?

blotsfan

blotsfan

Sabres tomorrow.

Covar

Covar

Two wins under the Hurricanes' belt. Not good, but better than some years past. :okay:

At least they're not doing as bad as Columbus.

jwhouk

jwhouk

I've got November 6 in the Torts Loses It pool.

jwhouk

jwhouk

When you mess with a goalie there is a Price to pay.
Ask that Maroon fella for the Quacks.

blotsfan

blotsfan

so who's going to beat the habs first?
Sabres tomorrow.
So close.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

:facepalm:

jwhouk

jwhouk

Oh, what are you complainin' about?

:p

blotsfan

blotsfan

Happiness is dead. There is only pain.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Oh, what are you complainin' about?

:p
Let's see. TWO WHOLE SHOTS on a 5-minute major for starters. :p

jwhouk

jwhouk

Tell Gino he's a ####ing thug.

And I do NOT get how the #### the Pens got ALL THREE STARS of the game.

Covar

Covar

Hurricane's finished their state fair road trip at 4-3. I'm having trouble processing this fact. It just doesn't feel like they've been over .500 the past 2 weeks.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

lol I love it! A hat trick scored near Halloween netted costume hats.

jwhouk

jwhouk

@blotsfan - Thanks for Hodgy.

blotsfan

blotsfan

You're welcome. He's fine when you arent paying him 4.5 million a year. Though it looks like he only has 1 goal and 1 assist in 12 games so I don't think thats too good for you. Unless he suddenly became not the worst defensive player in the league.

jwhouk

jwhouk

When the one goal is a GW'er against our former owner's "Trophy Team" - yeah, we'll take it.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Well, shit. Pascal Dupuis taken to hospital as precaution. He missed nearly all of last year because of blood clots. Suspicion is he's had a relapse. :(

jwhouk

jwhouk

I notice no one's said anything about McDavid...

blotsfan

blotsfan

You mean McBust McBusting it up?

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

You mean McBust McBusting it up?
More like McBroke his collarbone.

In other news, Dupuis was released from the hospital. Tests were negative, but they are scratching him from Saturday's game and will reevaluate in Pittsburgh.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

sigh, so this year is going exactly as expected. Learning a system that will lower the oppositions scoring chances while increasing your scoring opportunities.

If only we had the talent to do anything when those opportunities arise...

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Bit of a mess in flint tonight...

Then it got reeeaaaly awkward...

That's significant, because the word is the coaches were fired because the son wasn't getting enough ice time.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Jack Eichel has been unleashed. Watch out NHL.

jwhouk

jwhouk

I thought, "Down 3-1 after one? They just don't have it tonight."

I thought, when I turned the game back on - and promptly heard Ottawa take a 5-4 lead again at the end of the 2nd, "That's gonna hurt. They're done for the night."

And then, on my way to work, I tune in and... Predators win, 7-5???????

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Go Leafs!

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Go Leafs!
And take the GTA with you! :p

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

And take the GTA with you! :p
I hope you get a choir convention. :p

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

I hope you get a choir convention. :p
Can't be worse than yet another football weekend. [emoji14]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jwhouk

jwhouk

Go Leafs!
Bite me. :p

blotsfan

blotsfan

Oh, I forgot to mention: Sabres are at .500 or better since the last game of the 2012-13 season!

jwhouk

jwhouk

I went to a fight, and a hockey game broke out!

156 total PIM's assessed in the Music City tonight.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

You need double decker couches in your penalty boxes.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

I went to a fight, and a hockey game broke out!

156 total PIM's assessed in the Music City tonight.

For a minute I thought you'd actually gone to the game, then I remembered where you are. :(

Would've been a fun one to go see, though. Reddit's all over this one tonight. :)

jwhouk

jwhouk

There was video of, I believe, Colton Sissons mouthing at a Jets player, "It's Five-nothing!" halfway through the 2nd.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

There was video of, I believe, Colton Sissons mouthing at a Jets player, "It's Five-nothing!" halfway through the 2nd.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Looks like Chris Pratt.
Can't unsee..

--Patrick

jwhouk

jwhouk

I'll take that.

And that's actually Mattias Ekholm.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Bernier making a statement for the number one starter in goal tonight.

It's a statement that says "not it".

jwhouk

jwhouk

blotsfan

blotsfan

I hate offsides challenges. I hate offsides challenges. I hate offsides challenges.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

While my expectations are quite low, I want to point out Lupal is outscoring Kessel right now ;)

PatrThom

PatrThom

While my expectations are quite low, I want to point out Lupal is outscoring Kessel right now ;)
Does that mean Lupal is scoring more than 12 parsecs?

--Patrick

Covar

Covar

I hate offsides challenges. I hate offsides challenges. I hate offsides challenges.
I'm surprisingly not that big a fan of coaches challenges in Hockey, period. I wouldn't mind seeing more intervention from the war room, but coaches calls just don't seem to be working as well as they do in the NFL and MLB.

jwhouk

jwhouk

It's because they are tied to a team's timeout.

I've always believed that having only one time out in hockey is archaic.

Covar

Covar

It's because they are tied to a team's timeout.

I've always believed that having only one time out in hockey is archaic.
Well there's enough TV timeouts to cover rest, and unlike basketball and football, a timeout in hockey won't stop the clock, so I'm not sure what real advantage more timeouts would give.

But the NFL's challenges are tied to the team's timeouts, and it works fine there. I'm trying to figure out exactly why I don't like it in the NHL, but I'm having trouble putting it into words.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Well @jwhouk you guys seemed to have figured out how to score.

jwhouk

jwhouk

FINALLY.

Uh, blots? Does Jeanneret know that Legwand is no longer a Nashville Predator?

blotsfan

blotsfan

What'd he say? RJ is definitely getting up there in years and makes some dumb mistakes.*

*This does not detract from the fact that he's a goddamn treasure and should be our play by play guy until the end of time.

jwhouk

jwhouk

...Never mind. I didn't get the memo about DL being a Sabre during the off-season. :oops:

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

NSFW language...

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

And we're back tonight after a week off!:confused:

blotsfan

blotsfan

My opinion on the Blackhawks is about the same level as @jwhouk right now

jwhouk

jwhouk

Yes, embrace the hate.

blotsfan

blotsfan

If the league did an investigation to show that the refs had money on the Blackhawks I would not be surprised. They went into complete screwjob mode with like, 3 minutes left.

And of course, the rapist scored the tying goal and winning shootout goal. While the blackhawks fan next to me kept saying "why are they booing him over some whore?" Fuck the blackhawks I hope they don't win another game.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

4-5, 4-5, 5-0, 7-4 wtf Leafs? 5 goals per game average in the last week? It's not the eighties heyday, cause I remember you in the 80's

Also Weber needs a mute button for his slap shot, too painful to watch when he its it. Makes me wonder about the physics of net construction.

jwhouk

jwhouk

We like that slap shot just the way it is, thankyewverrahmuch.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Well @jwhouk thats quite a blockbuster.

jwhouk

jwhouk

I think every single Predator fan out there is saying to themselves, "Holy ####, Poile actually traded a defenseman!"

While we have very, VERY high hopes for RyJo, I'm not holding my breath.

blotsfan

blotsfan

The ref called the trip and the dive for this.

jwhouk

jwhouk

...I got my hopes up. :cry:[DOUBLEPOST=1452346522,1452346490][/DOUBLEPOST]
The ref called the trip and the dive for this.

The French judge gave it a 3.8.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Yeeeeesh.

and yet upon further review!!! Rielly for the Leafs led both teams in ice-time and was a ±0

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Yes, that's the ticket, pass the puck to their winger for the open net goal.....yeesh.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Too bad we don't have another game vs. the Wild this season - we could really start the "JO-SI's BET-TER!" chant in place of constantly booing $uter.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Holiday or no, the Flyers still suck...

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Ow. Ow. Wince. Ow.

blotsfan

blotsfan

I never thought I'd care this much about the all star game, but that was a special moment.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Fuck this thread, that's an epic win thread moment!

Loved every minute of it.

General Specific

General Specific

I was bored and wanted something to have on in the background while playing Civ 4 for a bit and wound up on the all-star game. I really liked it. I am a casual watcher of the NHL, but wound up actually cheering on the teams. It looked like the players were all having a blast as well.

jwhouk

jwhouk

On behalf of the Predator Nation, I hope y'all enjoyed your stay, and that y'all come back again soon.

Like, say, maybe in June?

Oh and tell that Pritchard feller to bring the big silver shiny thing.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

MRW I hear about Shea Weber in the skills competition...

jwhouk

jwhouk

John Scott can come back to Nashville anytime.

And Amy Grant is one heck of a hockey coach. ;)

PatrThom

PatrThom

I was bored and wanted something to have on in the background while playing Civ 4 for a bit and wound up on the all-star game. I really liked it. I am a casual watcher of the NHL, but wound up actually cheering on the teams. It looked like the players were all having a blast as well.
...like a pro version of that Budweiser commercial.

--Patrick

jwhouk

jwhouk

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

blotsfan

blotsfan

Its an nhl.tv simulation.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Okay that's a trade! What it means for the Leafs and Sens who can say.

But it's chum in the water for all the talking heads in Canada.

Covar

Covar

Its an nhl.tv simulation.
stupid MLB AM taking over. They've tightened down on the blackout restrictions. For the first half of the season I could watch the Hurricanes without a VPN. Now they're enforcing a 48 hour blackout, which makes the service worthless. So back to using a VPN. At least they're blacking out commercials finally.

PatrThom

PatrThom

stupid MLB AM taking over. They've tightened down on the blackout restrictions. For the first half of the season I could watch the Hurricanes without a VPN. Now they're enforcing a 48 hour blackout, which makes the service worthless. So back to using a VPN. At least they're blacking out commercials finally.
It ain't just hockey, pal.

--Patrick

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

The '67 expansion teams have started unveiling their 50th anniversary logos...

And...

:troll:

jwhouk

jwhouk

blotsfan

blotsfan

Yeah...that was a great showing. All the players we've acquired are playing well. Just gotta build up depth. Even O'Reilly whose had a 16 game goalless streak still has 14 assists in that same timeframe.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Meanwhile, we're having "HUT2START" issues in Music City.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Legwand had himself a goal.

jwhouk

jwhouk

He's scored more spectacular goals than that. :rolleyes:

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

So is the Leafs new strategy to get every pick in the draft? Cause' we're up to 12 now....

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

jwhouk

jwhouk

Not biting, buddy. Poile would be hung from the spires of the AT&T Tower if he did that.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Well Ladd was just traded to Chicago...

jwhouk

jwhouk

Sadly, I think our trading was done when we picked up Johansen.

And I still don't think we're a playoff team right now.

Covar

Covar

Hurricanes trade Captain Eric Staal to the Rangers for a prospect and 2 second round picks.

image.gif

blotsfan

blotsfan

Jesus, unless that prospect is considered very good, this doesn't speak well for the Sabres' selling off of players tomorrow.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Two forwards, a D-man and a pick for three AHL forwards and an AHL d-man?

Binghampton's sitting in last place right now - not sure this is a great move...

blotsfan

blotsfan

I didn't see a draft pick involved but I assume its a very late one. Its just to try to help Rochester.

Though Varone did have one really great goal against Washington this year so I thought he had some more value but its not a big deal to me.

jwhouk

jwhouk

I still suspect that, by this time tomorrow, the Nashville Predators roster will not have changed - other than (gulp) maybe Shea Weber being added to the injured reserve list...

jwhouk

jwhouk

And I was right. Arizona only wanted "future considerations" - which means "whatever we want to throw you, up to and including the player we just borrowed from you until the Admirals are eliminated from the Calder Cup playoffs."

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

oi...

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

It's been quiet. Guess everyone's enjoying the holiday...

blotsfan

blotsfan

But they beat us

jwhouk

jwhouk

There will be no more hockey at the "old" barn after this year.

The Milwaukee Admirals will move "back" to the UWM Panther Arena (formerly the Mecca Arena) for the 2016-17 season, as the BMO Harris Bradley Center will be demolished after the Bucks new arena is finally constructed north of the existing facilities.

The Ads signed a 10-year agreement to move back to the old arena, which will house somewhere around 9,500 for hockey (it has been the home of the Milwaukee Wave indoor soccer team for the last decade and a half; they play in a similar configuration to the hockey plant).

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Ovi's still a punk...

jwhouk

jwhouk

In other hockey news: Quinnipiac was given the #1 overall seed in the 2016 NCAA Men's "Frozen Four" hockey tournament, with their first round opponent being RIT.

The Midwest Region is already being called the Region of Death, with North Dakota (#3 overall) taking on Northeastern and - yes, this is hockey, ladies and gentlemen - Michigan taking on Notre Dame in the two regional semis.

Saint Cloud State was the #1 seed (#2 overall) in the West, while Providence was the #1 seed (#4 overall) in the Northeast.

All four of the Beanpot Tournament teams (NE, BC, BU and Harvard) made the tournament.

jwhouk

jwhouk

The Vesey Watch is now on.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Jimmy Vesey is a lying sack of fecal matter.

And an observation from a fellow Predator fan (from Hockey's Future message boards):

I'm guessing the norm in the very near future will be to trade a college player for anything you can get if he refuses to sign as a junior. I know I wouldn't waste a dime of effort on them after that point other than to send them a contract if I can't trade them when their time is up.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Yeah, the Sabres had an issue like that with Hudson Fasching. He's from Minnesota and just finished his junior season there. We gave up a lot for him and people thought he was going to do one more year at school and sign with the Wild. We signed him for this season to burn a year of his ELC on these last few games in order to convince him to play here.

I can't blame a guy for going into free agency if you're well-regarded enough though. I'd want the chance to choose where to play and make more money as well.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Man I get to say it earlier than usual this year.

An American team has won the Stanley cup.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

You may the only person who cares about that.

Up here the story is all about the emails and big of a douche Colin Campbell is.

blotsfan

blotsfan

You may the only person who cares about that.
I've seen enough Canadian fans bitch about it that I know that's not the case. Their complaining is the only reason I care.

Timmus

Timmus

If it means the leafs, oilers, or flames don't win I'm happy with a Canadian team not getting the cup.

Mathias

Mathias

Hoping the Pens hammer in the final nail to the Coffin of the Flyers' season today.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Hoping the Pens hammer in the final nail to the Coffin of the Flyers' season today.
This sentence is much funnier when viewed in At First Glance-O-Vision.

--Patrick

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

If it means the leafs, oilers, or flames don't win I'm happy with a Canadian team not getting the cup.
It's been a long time since a Canadian team has won. It's been a even longer since any those three teams has won. And it feels like the Leafs haven't won since @Dave was a toddler.

Dave

Dave

They hadn't invented ice yet then.

PatrThom

PatrThom

They hadn't invented ice yet then.
The universe hadn't yet finished cooling after its rapid expansion.

--Patrick

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

Predators gon win the Stanley Cup

and re: Vesey I am reverting to the "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" rule

jwhouk

jwhouk

The Leafs won the Cup before even I was born.

BErt

Here. We. Go.image.jpeg

PatrThom

PatrThom

Enjoy it while you can. It's supposed to be torn down next year.

--Patrick

BErt

Enjoy it while you can. It's supposed to be torn down next year.
It's 100% torn down next year. Sorry if I'm a sucker for anniversary celebrations, but 25 means a lot more than 24. I'm just happy to be here.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I want Florida to win! or maybe St Louis.

Somebody new would be nice.

jwhouk

jwhouk

I, hate Dead Things, I hate Dead Things, I hate Dead Things... DEAD THINGS SU-UUUCK!

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I think I am ok with Nashville winning. I like that Weber kid.

BErt

I, hate Dead Things, I hate Dead Things, I hate Dead Things... DEAD THINGS SU-UUUCK!
Cool I won't crash your "no Homers" party again. My mistake. Have fun.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Cool I won't crash your "no Homers" party again. My mistake. Have fun.
Don't mind him. He has issues with Chelsea Dagger, too. :p

jwhouk

jwhouk

Don't mind him. He has issues with Chelsea Dagger, too. :p
Don't we all? ;)

And I won't say anything bad about the Pens. It's not nice to kick a man when he's down.

Oh wait, this is Marc-Andre Fleury we're talking about. Never mind, then... ;)

jwhouk

jwhouk

Caps off to a solid start. Isles start off well, too.

Sharks win on the road, film at 11.

jwhouk

jwhouk

And thank you, Martin Erat, wherever you are. :D

6.25% there.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

STARS!! We've got a good start with a 2-0 lead over the Wild.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Series Up 3-1 (aka "This is Pretty Much Over But the Crying"): Dallas, Saint Louis, San Jose, Tampa, Washington
Series Up 2-1 (aka "There's Still a Chance"): Nashville, Pittsburgh
Series Tied at 2 (aka "Best of Three"): Florida/Brooklyn (er, I mean the NY Islanders)

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Detroit is the first of the fallen.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Dead Things are gone! Dead Things are gone!

On a sadder note, could have been the last NHL game for Pavel Datsyuk. Great talent, just don't like that team he played for.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Series now tied at two. :mad:

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

This popped up on my twitter feed a couple of hours ago...

PatrThom

PatrThom

Clever.

--Patrick

jwhouk

jwhouk

Hawks stave off elimination with a Kane GWG in double OT.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Hawks stave off elimination with a Kane GWG in double OT.
And of course I forget to play the overtime challenge with Kane/Weber. :(

jwhouk

jwhouk

I had Hossa. I'd even had a great lead-in with a Prince lyric.

Mathias

Mathias

Rags got owned last night. 5-0. King Henrik lit up like a fuckin Christmas tree.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Welp, IF we manage to get past the Quacks, the Sharkies are waiting for us.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Flyers out. 41-year cupless streak continues.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Stars eliminate Wild in WAY too close of a 3rd period. Up next, either Blues or Blackhawks.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Only two spots left in the division finals.

I suspect both will be determined tonight.

SIGH.

blotsfan

blotsfan

The Blackhawks are done. For the first time in 5 years, a team other than the Kings or Blackhawks will win the cup.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Again with the twitter...

jwhouk

jwhouk

For the first time in the history of the National Hockey League, there will be NO Canadian Teams AND NO "Original Six" Teams in the Stanley Cup "Final 8".

NHL Marketing, please take note.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

GAME SEVEN

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

For the first time in the history of the National Hockey League, there will be NO Canadian Teams AND NO "Original Six" Teams in the Stanley Cup "Final 8".

NHL Marketing, please take note.
ESPN disabled all their YouTube channels in the US, but Keith Olbermann did a commentary on how the original six was a scam.

Terrik

Terrik

I have tickets to see Tampa Bay Lightning vs New York Islanders tomorrow :)

jwhouk

jwhouk

Go Bolts in that one.

I would just LOVE it if the final four consisted of the Caps, Bolts, Stars and a certain team from the 615 area code - just to drive Canadian fans nuts.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Why would that make us mad? I would rather St Louis over Dallas. But I like Dallas too.

jwhouk

jwhouk

All final four teams from south of the Mason-Dixon line.

jwhouk

jwhouk

25% of the way there. :)

jwhouk

jwhouk

Vrii

Vrii

All final four teams from south of the Mason-Dixon line.
That is absolutely irrelevant to every Canadian I've ever talked to.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

That is absolutely irrelevant to every Canadian I've ever talked to.
I distinctly remember the (Dallas, lol) Stars saying exactly "Nashville shouldn't have a team", as well as a LOT of chatter when that Blackberry Billionaire tried to move the Preds to Hamilton, noted metropolis lol

Vrii

Vrii

I distinctly remember the (Dallas, lol) Stars saying exactly "Nashville shouldn't have a team", as well as a LOT of chatter when that Blackberry Billionaire tried to move the Preds to Hamilton, noted metropolis lol
Yes, teams that don't fill their buildings get a lot of attention from Canadian media. It has absolutely nothing to do with geographic location. Also, what does Dallas have to do with Canada again?

jwhouk

jwhouk

Absolutely nothing. Which is the way we like it.

Hey, Charlie: This just in. Duck season is over. Now, it's Shark Week.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

Yes, teams that don't fill their buildings get a lot of attention from Canadian media. It has absolutely nothing to do with geographic location. Also, what does Dallas have to do with Canada again?
I dunno if you noticed, but most of the NHL's employees are Canadian, no matter where the team is

anyways, i don't know what the argument is, I cheer for Canadian teams in general if the Preds are out

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Standing by for round 2. Just gonna leave this here...

Bonus content: a brief history of the goal horn (NY Daily News).

Terrik

Terrik

The bolts were a total embarassment until the third period, but yet they still couldn't prevent the Islanders from getting one last parting shot.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Hamilton, noted metropolis lol
Laddie, don't you think you ought to rephrase that.

/end Star Trek references

So go St Louis and Washington. Maybe. Or perhaps not the Pens. Bah. If the Pens or Bolts win Halifax will go stupid over "local" boys again.

So go Islanders sort of , go Caps for certain and go St Louis and Nashville.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Y'all know who my horse is.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Austin Mathews is primed to become the biggest draft bust in NHL history today.

blotsfan

blotsfan

I guess I'm glad it's not Edmonton...?

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Mike Milbury can suck it.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Lemme guess. DA is smilin' like a butcher's dog right now.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Ping @jwhouk. Stop dancing for a sec and check in. :D

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

i'm dead

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

You forgot to go short shifts once you hit 2 OT, didn't you? :p

(and thanks NHL app for the Preds feed. :)

jwhouk

jwhouk

I am the world's worst fan.

I turned the game off after the Sharks scored to make it 3-2.

Granted, I've been battling insomnia, but in doing so I just missed the greatest game in Nashville franchise history.

And it's good that Charlie's dead. Then I can be the lone Predator fan on this board in peace. ;)

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I am the world's worst fan.

I turned the game off after the Sharks scored to make it 3-2.

Granted, I've been battling insomnia, but in doing so I just missed the greatest game in Nashville franchise history.

And it's good that Charlie's dead. Then I can be the lone Predator fan on this board in peace. ;)
just to help you feel better, the automated software update for Rogers television caused tons of fans to miss the OT winner in Canada

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Excuse the mess. @jwhouk and Charlie are busy going ape. ;)

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

Friday the 13th has always been lucky for me

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

I think that Wednesday's game seven between the Stars and Blues is going to get ugly. They're always chippy around each other, but everything is on the line now.

Go Stars!

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I think that Wednesday's game seven between the Stars and Blues is going to get ugly. They're always chippy around each other, but everything is on the line now.

Go Stars!
Go Blues!

(Because the Flames can suck it)

jwhouk

jwhouk

Arvidsson. Milwaukee Admiral. Nashville Predator. Overtime Hero.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

AFAIK the NHL app does not charge extra for streaming audio (I'm looking at YOU, At Bat!). Which is nice because I've listened to the last two OT games at work.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Work specifically states no streaming audio or video for personal use.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Work specifically states no streaming audio or video for personal use.
Figured as much.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Penguins - Lightning in the East.

First team confirmed for West tomorrow.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Blues to the Western Finals.

That was such a horrible game for the Stars.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Five left. Hope that "Meet Me In St. Louis" becomes the next big hit in Music City.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Welp, that sucked.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Sharks - No. Not even for Pavelski.
Blues - Aw, HELL no.
Pens - Not with Sir Cindy and his Goon Squad.
Bolts - Possible, but then I have to listen to Mishkin's screech and (shudder) Espo.

Nope, just gonna wait til October.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

I'll be pulling for the Blues, they are the team that I grew up with on the radio. All my teams play each other constantly. Stars, Blackhawks/Blues, and Blues/Blackhawks. Those are my favorite teams.

jwhouk

jwhouk

The Blues winning the Cup would be the "feel good" story to everyone outside of the cities of Chicago and Toronto.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Why would Toronto care about the Blues?

jwhouk

jwhouk

Terrik

Terrik

Well, the Bolts/Pens matches are heating up.

jwhouk

jwhouk

At this level of the playoffs, Terrik, EVERYTHING heats up. That's because you have all of the hockey media pundits focused on only two games maximum at a time.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

/r/penguins after the 2nd period:

Terrik

Terrik

Yeah I'm quite happy about all this.

jwhouk

jwhouk

4-3 with 4 to go...

Terrik

Terrik

blotsfan

blotsfan

Well, they held on.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Posting on behalf of NR...

Final: Canada 2 Finland 0

jwhouk

jwhouk

Hey, I ain't too happy about it, neither. Remember, I have a soft spot for Finnish goaltenders.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

We have a game 7, bitches.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Don't mean anything if you don't win it, Penguin boy.

blotsfan

blotsfan

I'm still pissed that the first Tampa goal was called back. Offsides challenges are the worst.

jwhouk

jwhouk

(gives blotsfan a VERY DIRTY LOOK)

blotsfan

blotsfan

For every goal like that it prevents, it takes away 50 goals where it was inconsequential and only serves to have an annoying break.

jwhouk

jwhouk

No, the funny thing is that despite the fact that it was that goal that was the catalyst for the change to the replay rules, the Predators have yet to have any sort of success in overturning questionable goals.

Not like it really matters, of course.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Pain-gu-ins vs. Jabberjaws for the Cup.

jwhouk

jwhouk

...And I guess that @DarkAudit is smilin' like a butcher's dog right about now.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

BONINOBONINOBONINO

PatrThom

PatrThom

BONINOBONINOBONINO
So many beards these days...

--Patrick

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I want Thornton to win just to see his beard attack Bettman.

Mathias

Mathias

BONINOBONINOBONINO

Puts Doc to shame!

jwhouk

jwhouk

Ah, but I think @DarkAudit would rather be smilin' like a butcher's dog.

Don't look now, but Elvis has left the building - and Stanley's gonna be there on Thursday.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Ah, but I think @DarkAudit would rather be smilin' like a butcher's dog.

Don't look now, but Elvis has left the building - and Stanley's gonna be there on Thursday.
I need to start flipping my schedule after work on Thursday morning, plus I'm going to need to be up Friday morning to help get my mom to the hospital for her knee surgery.

I may not make it to game time before... zzz :cry:

(here's hoping the surgical team aren't Pens fans)

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Weird. Some one posted the stats for hitting the post or crossbar and Nashville is way way way out in front. The other 29 teams are statistically insignificant in their groupings around 2% while Nashville is at almost 4.4%.

Mathias

Mathias

START FRYING THE JUMBO, HOMER! EXTRA CRISPY PLEASE!!!

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

START FRYING THE JUMBO, HOMER! EXTRA CRISPY PLEASE!!!

Mathias

Mathias

jwhouk

jwhouk

"It's OVER! Get in the fast lane grandma the bingo game is ready to roll!"

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

My own picture got ninja'd!

I spent the game at the defacto Pens bar in Manhattan. Host was the guy chiefly responsible for getting Party Hard as the new goal song. Best. Vacation. Ever.

jwhouk

jwhouk

I'm surprised you're able to post. ;)

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

I'm surprised you're able to post. ;)
I just got back to the hotel. I'm mere moments from flopping on the bed and zzzz...

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Yay Vegas! Whoop dee do.

jwhouk

jwhouk

The Las Vegas Black Knights. Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, personally.

blotsfan

blotsfan

The Aces would be such a better name.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

The Pens had to redo their 50th anniversary patch...

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Found at r/penguins...

jwhouk

jwhouk

@blotsfan, nothing personal, but I hope your recent acquisition falls flat on his damn face.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Huh. Thats...interesting. I was under the impression that he already had his heart set on Toronto or Boston. I'd have to assume he already said he'd sign with us, otherwise this seems like throwing away a third rounder.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Stupid Canadian media, had to look and look to find out what you guys are talking about. Because apparently the Leafs have signed a goalie!

Wheee!

blotsfan

blotsfan

Reading about Vecsey more, apparently he's super good friends with Eichel and they're currently playing on a summer team together. I'm sure they've had a few conversations about the topic.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Wouldn't be the first time we lost a draft pick because he wanted to go play with a buddy from the national team on another NHL squad...

blotsfan

blotsfan

Well his agent has said that he will still wait it out until August. The Sabres can't offer any extra money, so I guess we're just hoping we can be really convincing. Pegula has been really good at convincing people to play for Buffalo though so I think this is worth the risk. We still have 3 third rounders this draft.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Today is a special day, indeed...

blotsfan

blotsfan

:( couldn't it be 15,365?

jwhouk

jwhouk

What happens in Vegas, affects at least 30 other teams when it comes to ice hockey - at least, it will in 2017.

jwhouk

jwhouk

BErt

Holy shit, Ken Holland found a taker for the Datsyuk cap hit.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Arizona loves saving money by taking on caphits that dont require salary. They traded for Chris Pronger last year.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Christmas has come early in Canada!

Cox and Healey both fired inside of a week! Cone on baby make it a clean sweep with Kypreos!

jwhouk

jwhouk

First one to settle their lawsuit gets Quebec City? :(

BErt

Madness every where before free agency opens up. Taylor Hall traded straight up to NJ for Adam Larsson. Oilers twitter is...we'll say not pleased. And Montreal and Nashville have swapped Subban and Weber. Oh, and Stamkos is staying put (rabble rabble).

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Madness every where before free agency opens up. Taylor Hall traded straight up to NJ for Adam Larsson. Oilers twitter is...we'll say not pleased. And Montreal and Nashville have swapped Subban and Weber. Oh, and Stamkos is staying put (rabble rabble).
Bwahahahahahaha! Seriously how did NJ and MTL pull that off?

blotsfan

blotsfan

This is too much "holy shit" for one post.

jwhouk

jwhouk

I...

Uh, ...

Wow...

I'm... I'm floored.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Other than the shitty cap penalties you'll suffer when Weber retires early, this was a massive win for Nashville.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Other than the shitty cap penalties you'll suffer when Weber retires early, this was a massive win for Nashville.
I see it as an absolute win for MTL.

blotsfan

blotsfan

You would.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Nashville gets a lot more pep that's for sure, but Weber killing anyone who goes near Price is horrifying for a Leafs fan.

The back end cap hits are hillarious though. Seriously, guys, Weber retires with 1 year left on his contract and Nashville takes a $25M cap hit. Funny numbers man.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

I see it as an absolute win for MTL.
this is the wrongest wrong thing that has ever been posted, in fact, this is the first person i've seen on the whole internet this afternoon and evening speak about the trade in a positive way for montreal, lol

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

this is the wrongest wrong thing that has ever been posted, in fact, this is the first person i've seen on the whole internet this afternoon and evening speak about the trade in a positive way for montreal, lol
First thing the Habs fan at work today said was how much he loves this trade.

We're out there but nobody wants to listen to us right now.

Vrii

Vrii

I don't even know how you could argue that Montreal won that trade. Subban is younger, the better player right now, and Weber's been looking like he's on the decline for a couple of years already. Weber's signed until he's 40 at a huge cap hit. I wouldn't have thought there could be a worse trade this off season than Hall for Larsson, but I'm pretty sure Montreal managed it here.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Honestly if the trade was just Hall for Subban, both teams would look better.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Quick explaination: I think Subban will be the fourth best defenseman in Nashville. Not a knock against his skills but a compliment to the three that are already there. Yet he will earn more than all three of them combined.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Meanwhile the rest of the Habs fan base is in meltdown mode.

This is like when the Blackhawks traded Chelios.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Given that NSH gets Subban without the NTC I may start rethinking my stance.

Jay

Jay

Yeah, MTL is pretty livid about this.

Weber will be fine here...for about 2 years then we have him for another 8 years. I hope he lasts at least 2-3 years but the last few years his metrics have been shit.

After 2 years, we don't pay any cap hit if he's bought out.

Subban is 4 years younger, has far better possession metrics playing under F'in Therrien and a 38 year old Markov. Can't wait for this dumbass management see how good Weber looked because of Josi.

As a part-time fan (don't have the time cycles to care for hockey these days), I pretty much died when a saw Subban go. What a great guy, total stud in the Montreal community.

Has a terrible rep but he's a top 10 in the league playing under a shit team. I hope he has a banner year as a 2D in Nashville, their fans will LOVE him there. It will be good for him.

In the meanwhile, I think I need to look at some options, I can't cheer for this team anymore, even part-time, they disgust me. Chelios, Roy, Cammalleri, McDonaugh... Subban. No thanks

jwhouk

jwhouk

Seriously: over at the "other" HF forums, half the Habs posters have jumped ship for our sub-forum.

The biggest concern the Preds have is that Weber might retire anytime before that contract is up (thanks a whole ####ing lot, Philly).

Jay: Come to the Gold Side. We have Carrie Underwood. :)

Jay

Jay

It's shit contract like his why they made changes to them a few years back.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

if Weber retires at age 39, the Preds will incur a $25 miliion cap penalty. Not cash, but that much scraped off the cap. Every year earlier than that splits it further (12/yr, 8/yr, 6/yr, etc). MOST people I've seen and read have said the league won't let that happen, but who knows what the league will look like in 10 years. That might not even be a big penalty by then!!! And he could get bought out, long term IR-ed, or traded again (I believe this also gets the Preds off the hook?). I'm not gonna worry about 10 years from now since Nashville is gonna win the cup in the next 5 :D[DOUBLEPOST=1467343871,1467343706][/DOUBLEPOST]
Quick explaination: I think Subban will be the fourth best defenseman in Nashville. Not a knock against his skills but a compliment to the three that are already there. Yet he will earn more than all three of them combined.

this is completely a knock against his skills and ludicrous. I'm really high on Roman Josi, but I'd still never say he's better than PK right now. He has more youth and upside for sure. I'm also a homer and even if Subban was a Blackhawk I'd never claim Ekholm or Ellis were even in the same tier as him

Vrii

Vrii

For what it's worth, before Weber can get bought out he has to be put on unconditional waivers, at which point Nashville can just claim him and pay his regular salary for the actual cap hit rather than dealing with the giant penalty.If he retires they might have more issues, but that's the only way they're likely to be unreasonably hurt, and he'd be leaving a bunch of money on the table to do it. Probably pretty unlikely.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

and he'd be leaving a bunch of money on the table to do it. Probably pretty unlikely.
his final three seasons have salaries of $100k

Vrii

Vrii

Ah, right, he signed before the rules against ridiculous frontloading. That might be an issue then, though I imagine he/the teams/the league would look to do something to avoid screwing Nashville out of being competitive for 2 or 3 years.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

my optimistic take is that the salary cap would grow so much that it wouldn't be that bad!

Vrii

Vrii

I'd expect him to be a Chris Pronger type arrangement, where he doesn't officially retire in order to let a team compete while he takes a job with the league or in a front office. Or, if he's still playing and isn't worth the cap hit, he'll be traded to one of the small market teams to let them hit the cap floor without having to spend any real money. In either case, it's really unlikely that Nashville gets burned on the trade - and even if they do, they're winning it hard enough for the next 6? years that it might be worth it anyway.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Sabres sign Okposo to a pretty reasonable deal, and it sounds like Vescey is more open to signing with us before August.

Hype levels...rising.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Yeah. Right.

And then he's going to bleep you all off and sign with Toronto anyways.

jwhouk

jwhouk

I think I have found my Predsidential Candidate.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

And the Leafs goalie trade is finally complete! They just waited for weeks to absorb Berniers bonus money.

jwhouk

jwhouk

(snerk) "Conditional Draft Pick".

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Yah it's

Anderson for 1st round 2016 (30th), 2nd round 2017

Pay Bernier his money

Bernier for a 2nd round 2017 pick, which ever is better....

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

hockey is very cool and good

jwhouk

jwhouk

There is ice in Las Vegas.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

IIRC, the USMA isn't all that keen on letting the Las Vegas franchise use their nickname. Aces is the better name, anyway.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

There's goon, and then there's this guy... :facepalm:

jwhouk

jwhouk

It also appears that the London Knights of the OHL are not keen on the NHL having the name. However, that could be settled easily by the league, IMNSHO.

The Las Vegas Knights just has a ring to it, y'know?

Oh, and I'm super annoyed that the Winter Classic is going to be played at Busch Stadium - between the Cubs and Cardinals Blues and Blackhawks. :puke:

blotsfan

blotsfan

The Blackhawks in a nationally televised game? I don't believe you.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

i love to watch the nhl on nbc, the national blackhawks channel

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

i love to watch the nhl on nbc, the national blackhawks channel
Do you want Mike Milbury?

Cause that's how you get Mike Milbury.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

no one wants mike milbury

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

no one wants mike milbury
I think this is the most accurate post you've ever made. :D

blotsfan

blotsfan

So, Patrick Roy just quit out of nowhere.

PatrThom

PatrThom

So, Patrick Roy just quit out of nowhere.
That's surprising.
I'm sure there's a story behind it somewhere.

--Patrick

jwhouk

jwhouk

He knows Therrien is going to lose his job by November 1st?

blotsfan

blotsfan

Yeah. Right.

And then he's going to bleep you all off and sign with Toronto anyways.
He's finally a free agent tomorrow. He'll look good in a Blackhawks jersey.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Well I did say that Lou would make a huge move during the Olympics just to make Elliot Friedman have an stroke.

jwhouk

jwhouk

If he signs with the Hawks, I will NOT be able to wait for opening night.

When PK Subban gives him his "Welcome to the NHL, kid" moment.[DOUBLEPOST=1471228216,1471228168][/DOUBLEPOST]It just occurred to me that within perhaps two-three months time, I will have to be more specific when I use the term "Hawks".

blotsfan

blotsfan

It just occurred to me that within perhaps two-three months time, I will have to be more specific when I use the term "Hawks".
I know they change their mind every other day, but last I saw they decided against all nicknames with "hawk" in it.

The NHL should just get over the gambling thing and let them be the Aces.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Not Gonna Happen.

By the way: brace yourself. Vesey-Watch begins in less than 24 hours.

blotsfan

blotsfan

I don't care where he goes anymore. Just sign somewhere already. Please.

jwhouk

jwhouk

I do.

If he signs with the Hawks, he will be booed mercilessly every time he visits 5th and Broadway.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Vesey signed with the Rangers.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Flyers new anniversary jerseys have been revealed. Um... no.

Someone should remind them that things like gold numbers are usually reserved for teams that have just won a championship. Not 41 years ago and counting.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Flyers new anniversary jerseys have been revealed. Um... no.

Someone should remind them that things like gold numbers are usually reserved for teams that have just won a championship. Not 41 years ago and counting.
Dress for the title you want, I guess?

--Patrick

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Five years ago today. :(

blotsfan

blotsfan

Oh man that was brutal. I felt so bad for the player who survived for a week. Apparently he was found swimming around in the water screaming that he had to find his friends.

jwhouk

jwhouk

RIP Karlis. :( :(:cry:

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Video originally posted three days before... :( :(

jwhouk

jwhouk

Wore my Predators #3 Jersey in his honor (and partially to honor the late great Wade Belak as well).

Meanwhile, the first prelim games of the WCoH (aka "Better Watch Because the 2018 Olympics in Pyeongchang Are Gonna SUCK" Tournament) have begun.

jwhouk

jwhouk

EDIT: Team USA lost to Team Canada on the day this tweet was posted, eliminating them from the World Cup of Hockey semifinals.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

And just to remind the GTA press...

Timmus

Timmus

Does this mean hockey people are finally going to stop letting Tortorella coach?

Also what shall we call '16/'17 thread getting close to that time of year.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Timmus sighting!

--Patrick

Timmus

Timmus

Timmus sighting!

--Patrick
I avoided this thread while I was overseas because all the games happened while I was at work and I didn't want to them to spoiled when I watched them later.

jwhouk

jwhouk

"Waiting For a Hundred - The NHL Thread".

Sent from my Nextbook

blotsfan

blotsfan

I vote: "2016/17 NHL Season"

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

NHL thread "40 yrs of futility"

blotsfan

blotsfan

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Stop obsessing over Toronto. We're talking about the Flyers and that lovely new sweater.

Timmus

Timmus

NHL thread. No Leafs allowed.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

It says no Leafs, we're allowed one!

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

OK Ottawa what the actual fuck?

New guy trying to make an impression targets the head of a player with a concussion history. In a training camp scrimmage!

Clarke McCarthur now out with a concussion.

Covar

Covar

Does this mean hockey people are finally going to stop letting Tortorella coach?

Also what shall we call '16/'17 thread getting close to that time of year.
One can hope. WCH was a complete joke. As a whole, not just Team USA. Tortorella has no business behind a bench, and the only team who cared and tried about the whole thing was Canada.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Thats a seriously ugly trophy.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Finally this stupidly can be put behind us and ignored for another twenty years.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Did they have a committee design that trophy? "Hey, what is the blandest, most un-offensive thing that we can come up with" "Hey! How about a plain silver flower vase?"

jwhouk

jwhouk

Well, for the blandest international tournament there is, you have to get something to match...

Covar

Covar

One can hope. WCH was a complete joke. As a whole, not just Team USA. Tortorella has no business behind a bench, and the only team who cared and tried about the whole thing was Canada.
I'll just leave this here.