Games you have pre-ordered

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've recently am getting back into gaming, I picked up Mass Effect from Gamestop and While I was there placed some money on a preorder for Mass Effect 2, this had me wondering, What Games do you guys have pre-ordered?

My Preorder list so far:

Mass Effect 2 - I'm pretty sure I'll like the first one, so why not put $5 down towards the second. If I absolutely hate the first one I'll just move that $5 somewhere else.

NHL 10 - Wanted to get NHL 09 last year, but by the time I had the money the season was getting ready to head off into the playoffs. Hopefully EA's offering this year is as good as it was last year, and I look foward to playing online with lots of people.

Was going to Pre-Order Aion but have had a change of heart since playing the Beta pretty indepth. Last game I actually did Pre-Order was Punch-Out (Wii) and WoW: WotLK CE

Shannow

Staff member
I was so happy I did not order WoW:WoTLC. I went to best buy for the midnight sale..line down the mall, way out back for all the preorders. not having it pre ordered..I was able to walk in, go to a register, and jsut buy a copy od the CE in about 4 minutes. it was great.

I usually don't bother with pre-orders but if it's a game I don't want to take any chance on missing out on or if they are offering a cool pre-order bonus I will do it on occasion.. The last game I pre-ordered was Chrono Trigger for the DS.

Shannow said:
I was so happy I did not order WoW:WoTLC. I went to best buy for the midnight sale..line down the mall, way out back for all the preorders. not having it pre ordered..I was able to walk in, go to a register, and jsut buy a copy od the CE in about 4 minutes. it was great.
I ordered WoTLK collectors from New Egg. Had it shipped to my house with free shipping and ended up getting it three days before release. Of course that just meant I got to :pud: all over the box for three days cause I couldn't do anything else with it.

I think that was the first game I ever pre ordered. Arkham Asylum is the second.

I preordered WoW TBC. Then I went to the store that closes at 11 thinking they would be open until mid-nite, they were not going to do that. It had begun to sleet and snow that night. I knew that there was now way to get back into town the next morning. So I went to Walmart and convinced the stockers to get off their arses and get the games out. They did not want to sell then even with 20+ people milling around the software aisle.

Bellygrub said:
Shannow said:
I ordered WoTLK collectors from New Egg. Had it shipped to my house with free shipping and ended up getting it three days before release. Of course that just meant I got to :pud: all over the box for three days cause I couldn't do anything else with it.

I think that was the first game I ever pre ordered. Arkham Asylum is the second.
I pre-ordered from my local Gamestop (I used to work there so I know the entire staff pretty throughly, as well as having had trained the person who is currently the General Manager) so I just went over the night of midnight release, was let in the employee door an hour before "re-open" opened my box and was chit-chatting while grinning at the drooling fans outside the window. Store opens, I swipe my card, walk out the door as the "flood" entered. Smiled all the way home and got online.

G

Gill Kaiser

I don't preorder games, because I've never been unable to buy a game on the day of its release, either from a store or via ordering.

Honestly, I don't pre-order games, simply because I'm ridiculously behind on "good games I need to play". I currently have Dragon Quest 8 in my PS2 with about 3hrs into it barely. As well as Viewtiful Joe and the last two Prince of Persia (PS2) games on my shelf waiting for me....

Preordered City of Villains. Of course my local Best Buy was one of the stores that didn't get their copies on release day. CS drones didn't even know it was releasing.

G

Gill Kaiser

If we're talking about what games we're planning to buy, I'm looking forward to:

September
Batman: Arkham Asylum (PC version)

October
Brutal Legend
Borderlands

November
Dragon Age: Origins
Assassin's Creed 2

Mass Effect 2
Diablo 3
Star Wars: The Old Republic

The only things I can think of that I might be pre-ordering are:

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm CE and Starcraft 2 CE.

I would say Diablo, but to be honest, I didn't even play the first 2. :bush:

I remember pre-ordering my copy of WotLK collector's edition. It showed up via fed ex about two days after launch.
Then my roommate calls me and asks me if I can rush down to Fry's and pick him up a Collector's edition that he reserved when he found out they had "some" left. I was a nice guy and drove down to the store. When I got there I found an entire 100 foot long shelf full of WotLK Collector's editions. A clerk with a sense of humor had put a sticky note with my roommate's name on the box in the very center.

Shannow

Staff member
I dont really see the need to preorder games now. Last one i actually did was Ultimate Alliance and before the Burning crusade. At this point, every time I have wanted a game on launch, I have no problem going to the store and getting it from the shelf.

A

Alucard

Pre ordered batman arkham asylum collectors edition for the ps3
then am pre ordering uncharted 2, alpha protocal for the pc, and borderlands for the pc

has blizzard stated yet when diablo 3 will be our next year at all?

Getting arkham asylum from amazon because that graphic novel exclusive looks cool to own

L

Lally

I know I have preordered a game before, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was. This is going to bug me for the rest of the day. :angry:

My boyfriend pre-ordered the Halo 3 collector's uber-pack with the Spartan helmet.

I don't pre-order, ever. If I want to buy a game, and I want it on launch day, I just walk into a store and buy it. I've never had any problem doing this.

If I want it really badly... like midnight launch badly, I still won't pre-order. I'll just buy it from wal-mart at midnight. No one shops at Wal-Mart for games. Hell, I was able to buy the limited collectors edition of Wrath of the Lich King MONTHS after it came out just by going to wal-mart.

And related to the OP: I also recently picked up Mass Effect, and loved it. I've had it for a week, and am already on my second playthrough.

E

edzepp

Muramasa: The Demon Blade.

OK, no I haven't. But I will. Ohhhhhh yes.

figmentPez

Staff member
I pre-ordered LoZ: Wind Waker, mainly because it came with LoZ:OoT: Master Quest as a pre-order bonus. I also pre-ordered HL2: Episode One and the Orange Box because I was so excited about the series (and 10% off for pre-orders didn't hurt). I also pre-ordered Tales of Monkey Island... BECAUSE IT'S MONKEY ISLAND! (Chapter 2, the Siege of Spinner Cay, came out today, in case you didn't know). Yeah, there were some nice bonuses to that pre-order too.

I think it would take more to get me to pre-order in the future. I don't like paying full price for games, and I'm getting into the habit of waiting for sales (bigger than 10%). However, I'd make an exception for a sequel to Xeno Clash, or if Valve comes up with something special for HL2:Episode 3, for instance.

Last game I pre-ordered was ether Shadow Hearts 2 (had to return it 3 times because a bunch of bad disks got shipped) or the Special Gamestop edition of Resident Evil 4. Can't remember which.

N

nufan

I've never pre-ordered a game before. Just never "needed" a game that bad, I miss out on the extra gadets 'n do-dads but most people I know that get those things have them collecting dust somewhere.

Arkham asylum had me tempted I have to say.

I like extra in-game things that are offered more than toys or tshirts, but I don't seem to see that a lot. Anyone else prefer that?

I'm thinking about pre-ordering Ultimate Alliance 2 but since I'm cheap I'm hoping it will pop up secondhand very soon after the release. There's always people who are "done with it" after a week. Hmmmm.

nufan said:
I like extra in-game things that are offered more than toys or tshirts, but I don't seem to see that a lot. Anyone else prefer that?
I don't like that, mostly because I don't want to feel like some parts of the game are being held hostage if I don't pre-order from gamestop.

Even before I worked at Gamestop, I liked pre-ordering stuff because 1) I liked feeling like I'd paid part of it off, and 2) If I pay it off a couple bucks at a time, I don't feel like I'm blowing a ton of money on a game.

As for my list:

Batman: Arkham Asylum
Brutal Legend
Modern Warfare 2
Mass Effect 2
Bioshock 2
Scribblenauts (DS)

Haven't pre-ordered in forever, since I'm pretty much in the same boat as Shego. I just played GTS4 about a month ago. Don't have the extra cash to get games whenever I want nowadays.

If I do pre-order anything, though, it'd be Diablo 3 or maybe Starcraft 2. Don't think I'd have an issue getting anything else on release day.

Status
Not open for further replies.