Games on SALE!

Humble Bundle has a bunch of Firaxis games for sale. Civilization, XCOM, stuff like that.

I'm annoyed that the XCOM DLC has gone on sale now, a couple of days after I bought them for full price on Steam. Oh well, I'll just see it as the extra money being the price for two extra days of very enjoyable Enemy Within gameplay.

Humble Bundle has a bunch of Firaxis games for sale. Civilization, XCOM, stuff like that.

I'm annoyed that the XCOM DLC has gone on sale now, a couple of days after I bought them for full price on Steam. Oh well, I'll just see it as the extra money being the price for two extra days of very enjoyable Enemy Within gameplay.
You could ask for a steam refund, though I imagine you've probably put way too much time into it by now.

To you and @bhamv3

Have you turned your soldiers into mechanical monstrosities yet?
Only one, the person in my friends' group (other than me) that most wants Deus Ex-style enhancements. Might do a second one (other friend of mine) as soon as I level them up enough on their prior class, they're still a squaddie Sniper.

Customizing every soldier to look like someone I care about has had the unfortunate side-effect of caring too fucking much about them. I haven't lost a single person outside of the compulsory tutorial deaths.

Here's my main squad right before their most recent mission:
xcom1.jpg

Fuuuuuuuuuuck.

I wish I'd thought about getting a Vita sooner. Now I'm looking at PS1 games I want to own, and found out a sale from ten days ago:

PSOne Classics

Breath of Fire – $1.80, $1.20
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night – $4.00, $3.00
Chrono Cross – $4.00, $3.00
Chrono Trigger – $4.00, $3.00
Dino Crisis 2 – $1.80, $1.20
Dino Crisis – $1.80, $1.20
Final Fantasy Tactics – $4.00, $3.00
Final Fantasy VII – $4.00, $3.00
Jumping Flash – $3.00, $2.40
Parasite Eve – $1.50, $1.20
Suikoden – $1.50, $1.20
Tomba! – $4.00, $3.00
Wild Arms – $3.00, $2.40
Xenogears – $4.00, $3.00

I would've bought a bunch of that. Dammit.

Exploding kittens has a new iOS app and while the app is $1.99 the in app purchases are free for the next day or two.

Nothing particularly special, but I suspect a few here would want to know anyway.

The game isn't complete yet, isn't on android yet, and you can only play with others immediately around you with their own iOS devices who have bought the game. It doesn't have pass n play, or a computer player, or internet play, so it's pretty limited, but I expect some of that to change over time.

Another Square-Enix PSN sale. 50% off every main series Final Fantasy game except XI and XII. Including sequels such as FFIV After Years and the FFXIII trilogy.

If you want to try League of Legends out, or come back to it, Amazon has a pretty good offer right now: a free starter pack for the North America server. It's a pretty decent champion base to start out with, covering every role in the game.

Let me know if you try it out, my IGN is Mechordeus.

See here: League of Legends Starter Pack - NA Server Only for $0.00

• Jump start your League experience with a FREE Starter Pack containing 8 powerful champions, as well as a boost to your XP and IP.
  • The Starter Pack contains the following champions: Ashe, Garen, Ryze, Annie, Warwick, Nunu, Master Yi, and Sivir. Earn more champions as you play!

Just to mention Blood Bowl 2 again, which is currently on sale on Steam at 50% off, anyone that owns BB2 before the first of the next DLC teams is released (which comes in Februrary) will get the next four teams (Norse, Nurgle, Undead and Necromantic) for free.

Just to mention Blood Bowl 2 again, which is currently on sale on Steam at 50% off, anyone that owns BB2 before the first of the next DLC teams is released (which comes in Februrary) will get the next four teams (Norse, Nurgle, Undead and Necromantic) for free.
Does anyone else smell the burning desperation?

Does anyone else smell the burning desperation?
I never miss any opportunity to bash Cyanide, but while their initial launch of BB2 was a huge flub, to their credit they have done a lot to try to make up for it. Patches have fixed all of the problems that people initially had with the game, as well as restored features that had initially been removed for 'streamlining' after the community complained about the lack of them.

I never miss any opportunity to bash Cyanide, but while their initial launch of BB2 was a huge flub, to their credit they have done a lot to try to make up for it. Patches have fixed all of the problems that people initially had with the game, as well as restored features that had initially been removed for 'streamlining' after the community complained about the lack of them.
I was referring to YOUR desperation to get someone to play with you. ;)

Right now on Steam, "XCOM: Enemy Unknown Complete Pack" is $9.99. Thinking about biting the bullet after seeing some posts from people in the "Playing" thread.
That is my favorite game to come out in the last 5 years, and in my top 5 of all time. Do it!

Right now on Steam, "XCOM: Enemy Unknown Complete Pack" is $9.99. Thinking about biting the bullet after seeing some posts from people in the "Playing" thread.

Get it. If you like strategy games at all, you will love this, and it's so worth it at that price.

Spoiler, the enemy is known, and it is aliens.

Just remember, getting your ass kicked in XCOM is the most customary result on your first time playing. So much so that the sequel's canon is that humanity got its collective ass kicked by the aliens, and lost the war.

If only humanity had completed that save scumming technology.
"12% chance of hitting the target? I am reloading my game until I make this shot!"

Actually my game has a tendency to freeze on saving, which I have found to be a very effective deterrent for savescumming.

"12% chance of hitting the target? I am reloading my game until I make this shot!"

Actually my game has a tendency to freeze on saving, which I have found to be a very effective deterrent for savescumming.
Actually, the default options of the game don't reset the rng seed, so if you miss, you'll always miss, no matter how often you reload. You'd need to turn on the reseed option under second wave options.